Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What did you use your Sak on today?

colt 1911 · 10814 · 580904

nl Offline Mactire404

• There's a SAK for that!
Re: What did you use your Sak on today?
Reply #4320 on: April 04, 2017, 10:04:34 AM
Well, not today but yesterday.
I used my 108mm Solo as a steak knife.
Not that special you may think, but the waiter thought so. She was kind of offended I pulled out my own knife to cut my steak.
The knives in the restaurant were mere plates of metal with a handle on it.
I think it's a waste to order a fine piece of meat (which was really nice indeed) and then tear it apart with a rubbish knife.
When I cut into it with the restaurant's knife I thought it was very tough, but it wasn't.

So, the 108mm Solo is also a very good steak knife for classy dinners!
My SAK collection and more: http://pocketknives.home.blog

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #4321 on: April 04, 2017, 02:37:49 PM
Used the Spirit to swap out a standard light switch with a timer unit - someone keeps leaving the light on in the bin room  :facepalm: Also used the Spirit and SI to fit new door handles to bin room. No pics as my residents would want to know why I'm photographing myself working, so you'll have to imagine it.  :D
WP_20170404_006 by magpie2112, on Flickr
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 02:58:24 PM by magentus »
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4322 on: April 04, 2017, 02:43:46 PM
Used my Compact Tinker to slash an opening on the mineral water bottle for the dispenser...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #4323 on: April 05, 2017, 11:18:29 AM
Cutting those bloody (many) long tags they put inside new T-shirt's these days, that pokes on one's ribbs... :rant:
WP_20170405_10_07_10_Pro.jpg
* WP_20170405_10_07_10_Pro.jpg (Filesize: 220.91 KB)
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #4324 on: April 05, 2017, 12:34:46 PM
Down at the residents coffee morning and someone asked if anyone had a knife to cut some cake with. One resident piped up 'Luke always has a Swiss knife with him'. So my SI was passed around the room on cake duty. Everyone wanted a go.  :D

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #4325 on: April 05, 2017, 12:52:03 PM
Use the SAK Luke.... Now that sounds right out of Star Wars :lol:

nl Offline Mactire404

Reply #4326 on: April 05, 2017, 01:59:26 PM
WP_20170404_006 by magpie2112, on Flickr

I'm very curious how you use that rattling wrench. Do you remove the paracord by untieing the knot?

Down at the residents coffee morning and someone asked if anyone had a knife to cut some cake with. One resident piped up 'Luke always has a Swiss knife with him'. So my SI was passed around the room on cake duty. Everyone wanted a go.  :D

Looks like you actually gave a SAK!

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #4327 on: April 05, 2017, 02:06:00 PM
Yes - I untie the cord to use the ratchet - just like putting lanyards on stuff  :facepalm:

I am waiting for one of my residents to ask where they can get a SAK from to use themselves. I have a Spartan waiting for that very day.

us Offline gene stoner

• No Life Club
Reply #4328 on: April 05, 2017, 08:19:07 PM
I have a Birthday in a few​ weeks so the Wife got me this. :mail:
IMG_20170405_111334.jpg
* IMG_20170405_111334.jpg (Filesize: 119.76 KB)
Jeep the SAK of the auto world or is it SAK the Jeep of the Knife world?

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #4329 on: April 05, 2017, 08:39:22 PM
I have a Birthday in a few​ weeks so the Wife got me this. :mail:
But you opened it a few weeks too soon! It's my birthday coming up next month so I'm telling my wife that it's ok to open presents from today.  :D

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #4330 on: April 06, 2017, 08:57:54 AM
My job usually leaves very little for my SAKs to do, they're mostly a hobby for me.  Today I got out some of my favorites and brainstormed a few video ideas/made a couple test-videos.

Current ideas that interest me are: 
Alox vs Cellidor.   

Dating SAKs

My FAVORITE FAVORITE

Urban EDC vs Suburban EDC   :D  jk on that one
mto pic.jpg
* mto pic.jpg (Filesize: 315.26 KB)
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

gb Offline Damsel

• Damsel in this dress
Reply #4331 on: April 06, 2017, 03:27:48 PM
Dating SAKs? Does that involve taking them out for a meal or a movie?  :D

Danielle
:angel: Sugar, spice and everything nice.  :angel:

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #4332 on: April 06, 2017, 03:32:57 PM

Danielle
:rofl:

Exactly!  Like, knowing their "hangups" (if they even have any), knowing how go get them to "open up", and views on pre-marital SAKs   ;)
 :climber:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 03:35:57 PM by El Corkscrew »
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

id Offline classicrock

• With every mistake we must surely be learning
Reply #4333 on: April 06, 2017, 05:05:42 PM
Unboxing a package from my former supervisor.

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk

-Supported by Manager/Small Tinker/Compact/Deluxe Tinker/Spirit XC-

hr Offline styx

Reply #4334 on: April 06, 2017, 07:21:14 PM
the most smurf thing I could - some smurfette was listening to music obnoxiously loud and after several requests by myself and other passengers in the tram to turn in down she got extra smurfy so I snipped the wires of her in-ear headphones (to be fair the damage is $2 tops)
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #4335 on: April 06, 2017, 08:06:28 PM
the most smurf thing I could - some smurfette was listening to music obnoxiously loud and after several requests by myself and other passengers in the tram to turn in down she got extra smurfy so I snipped the wires of her in-ear headphones (to be fair the damage is $2 tops)
:sa:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #4336 on: April 06, 2017, 08:07:23 PM

Danielle

Exactly!  Like, knowing their "hangups" (if they even have any), knowing how go get them to "open up", and views on pre-marital SAKs   ;)
 :climber:
Hee Hee - pre-marital SAK's  :rofl:

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #4337 on: April 06, 2017, 08:19:09 PM

That would have been a sight to see! I'm going to say she was listening to Nickelback so I don't feel sorry for her.   :P

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #4338 on: April 06, 2017, 08:30:56 PM

That would have been a sight to see! I'm going to say she was listening to Nickelback so I don't feel sorry for her.   :P
If it was Nickleback you were doing her a favour  :cheers:

hr Offline styx

Reply #4339 on: April 06, 2017, 09:42:21 PM

If it was Nickleback you were doing her a favour  :cheers:

I wish it were Nickleback. It was some turbo folk bs that is popular in the countries of former Yugoslavia. basically it's radioactive waste in the form of noise

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

gb Offline Little Tinker

Reply #4340 on: April 07, 2017, 09:03:41 AM
Cyber Climber to the rescue to refit shock axle mount on Tamiya remote control car while away from home.

Blackened bit now has signs of use  :o  :D.

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #4341 on: April 07, 2017, 09:45:02 AM

:rofl:                                                 :rofl:                                                         :rofl:                                                         :rofl:                                                             :rofl:                                                         :rofl:                                                         :rofl:                                                         :rofl:                                                                                                                 

Well done! A man after my own heart   >:D

Unfortunately over here i wish it was just crap headphone noise we have to put up with, the trend with this idiot Millennials now is listening to this current garbage they call music on the cellphone's speakers, loud  :rant:
The only way to shut them up would be to throw the bloody phone out the window...  :twak:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 09:48:34 AM by MacGyver »
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

nl Offline Mactire404

Reply #4342 on: April 07, 2017, 11:05:43 AM
...basically it's radioactive waste in the form of noise...

hr Offline styx

Reply #4343 on: April 07, 2017, 08:14:26 PM

:rofl:                                                 :rofl:                                                         :rofl:                                                         :rofl:                                                             :rofl:                                                         :rofl:                                                         :rofl:                                                         :rofl:                                                                                                                 

Unfortunately over here i wish it was just crap headphone noise we have to put up with, the trend with this idiot Millennials now is listening to this current garbage they call music on the cellphone's speakers, loud  :rant:
The only way to shut them up would be to throw the bloody phone out the window...  :twak:

Wouldn't magnets work well enough to distort the sound?

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #4344 on: April 07, 2017, 11:24:05 PM

Humm, never thought of that... You're giving me ideas...  >:D

Anyway...

Explorer on duty call today, fixing up my wife's watch she nearly killed... poor smurf :facepalm:

Cracked plastic case, parts everywhere. Had to super glue it and assemble the rest later, but probably will survive  ::)
WP_20170407_21_24_29_Pro.jpg
* WP_20170407_21_24_29_Pro.jpg (Filesize: 355.4 KB)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 11:26:48 PM by MacGyver »

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #4345 on: April 08, 2017, 05:54:17 AM
Cutting breakfast to bite size...

hr Offline styx

Reply #4346 on: April 08, 2017, 02:53:04 PM

Humm, never thought of that... You're giving me ideas...  >:D

Anyway...

Explorer on duty call today, fixing up my wife's watch she nearly killed... poor smurf :facepalm:

Cracked plastic case, parts everywhere. Had to super glue it and assemble the rest later, but probably will survive  ::)

I aim to misbehave

id Offline classicrock

• With every mistake we must surely be learning
Reply #4347 on: April 11, 2017, 11:06:31 AM
Someone borrowed it to cut the sewing thread.

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk

-Supported by Manager/Small Tinker/Compact/Deluxe Tinker/Spirit XC-

nl Offline Mactire404

Reply #4348 on: April 12, 2017, 10:36:15 PM
Today I carried the Climber as secondary knife, used it to cook.

I always ridicule my girlfriend because she does all her cutting in the kitchen with one of those generic kitchen knives.
And if I say everything, I mean everything. I've seen her murder a crop of lettuce more than once . Or tear a steak apart, or squish a tomato.

But today she handed it back to me, because I did everything with an even smaller blade. :rofl:
(I have to admit, the generic kitchen knife has one advantage, the spine is just as sharp as the edge  :rofl: :rofl:)

hr Offline styx

Reply #4349 on: April 13, 2017, 12:06:48 PM
Farmer cut up a breakfast pizza

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%