Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What did you use your Sak on today?

colt 1911 · 10812 · 580617

us Offline Tired_Yeti

Re: What did you use your Sak on today?
Reply #4770 on: September 18, 2017, 04:23:51 AM
Used the hook to pull out the old water filter in my fridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4771 on: September 18, 2017, 04:48:37 AM
Used the hook to pull out the old water filter in my fridge.

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

:like: :tu:
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline KandiKlover

• Classic SD - SwissChamp
Reply #4772 on: September 18, 2017, 05:42:33 AM
Opening Corn as per the SwissChamp product photo  :rofl:

Not really though, I love the Sharpened edge of the SAK can opener. So smooth opening

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #4773 on: September 18, 2017, 05:52:56 AM
(Image removed from quote.)

Not really though, I love the Sharpened edge of the SAK can opener. So smooth opening

:tu: :like:
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline MusicMen

• No Life Club
  • 21 Badges for Eagle
Reply #4774 on: September 18, 2017, 08:26:41 AM

When I see Libby I can only think of Libby the Kid . . .
from yesteryear

or the anoying Libby jingle (not the one I remember)
BUCK: X-Tract, 360
GERBER: Clutch, Shortcut, Dime*, DimE*, Octane & Crucial FAST
MP600 NN, CentreDrive, Grappler
Diesel*, Nickle*, Bullrush, MP600 BN, Flik & MP600DET* all in BO
LEATHERMAN: Skeletool, Style PS, CS, ES* & Style*, Juice S2(X2), SC2, C2, Pro, XE6
Crunch, MTO Style CS, Sideclip, BO Kick*
SOG: PowerAccess, Blacktip*, HD PPP
VICTORINOX: SwissTool Std, X(CS), & RS all with red logo, Spirit XBS
*=mod

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #4775 on: September 18, 2017, 06:14:47 PM
Last couple of days I used SAKs for all kinds of stuff. We moved to our new home and every time I needed a tool to dismantle furniture my toolbox was at our new place and when I needed to build up furniture the toolbox was at our old place  :facepalm:

Luckily I had SAKs at both places  :climber:

So those got a lot of use. Sometimes I needed to be creative. At one point I even used a wood saw for unscrewing the bed  :D

Let me explain that one  :D
When I turned the bolt the nut on the other side also turned, so I needed something to hold the nut still while I unscrewed the bolt. The wood saw worked perfectly for that  ;)

[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4776 on: September 18, 2017, 08:14:42 PM

:rofl: :like:

I love using the Vic can opener.

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4777 on: September 18, 2017, 08:16:35 PM
Last couple of days I used SAKs for all kinds of stuff. We moved to our new home and every time I needed a tool to dismantle furniture my toolbox was at our new place and when I needed to build up furniture the toolbox was at our old place  :facepalm:

Luckily I had SAKs at both places  :climber:

So those got a lot of use. Sometimes I needed to be creative. At one point I even used a wood saw for unscrewing the bed  :D

Let me explain that one  :D
When I turned the bolt the nut on the other side also turned, so I needed something to hold the nut still while I unscrewed the bolt. The wood saw worked perfectly for that  ;)
Congratulations on the new home!

It's a good thing you had your SAKS. :like: :cheers:

us Offline Tired_Yeti

Reply #4778 on: September 18, 2017, 08:49:37 PM
...Sometimes I needed to be creative. At one point I even used a wood saw for unscrewing the bed...
MacGyver would be proud.

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #4779 on: September 19, 2017, 12:38:09 AM
I successfully fire started today. So the commonly available cruchy dark leaf found all over everywhere worked fine. I got a nice really dry on and after only a few seconds the burn hole kept expanding on its own so I took off the magnifier while blowing air on it and set it on the cotton and it took nicely. The sun wasn't even high noon and was already a few hours off and it was windy but still worked. Quick and minimal effort.

us Offline Tired_Yeti

Reply #4780 on: September 19, 2017, 03:59:03 AM
I successfully fire started today. So the commonly available cruchy dark leaf found all over everywhere worked fine. I got a nice really dry on and after only a few seconds the burn hole kept expanding on its own so I took off the magnifier while blowing air on it and set it on the cotton and it took nicely. The sun wasn't even high noon and was already a few hours off and it was windy but still worked. Quick and minimal effort.
Found your childhood photo. 'member this?

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #4781 on: September 19, 2017, 05:58:55 AM
 :D
Found your childhood photo. 'member this?

Ahh my first Fresnel Lens hehe good memories  :rofl:

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4782 on: September 19, 2017, 03:04:00 PM

Nice use of the magnifier!   :tu: :tu:

us Offline Tired_Yeti

Reply #4783 on: September 19, 2017, 03:16:28 PM
BTW, I forgot to thank you. I had inquired about this in another thread. This is exactly the testing report I was looking for regarding the magnifier.

Now, I'd just like to hear about some effective uses of the fish scaler from someone. After taking care of some of those boring, grown up responsibilities, I'll be picking up a Swiss Champ myself.

I wonder if I'll miss carrying my Craftsman?

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4784 on: September 19, 2017, 03:30:21 PM
Tourist today  :tu:
2017-09-19 08.13.09.jpg
* 2017-09-19 08.13.09.jpg (Filesize: 269.73 KB)

us Offline gene stoner

• No Life Club
Reply #4785 on: September 19, 2017, 05:04:54 PM

Good job!  :tu:
Jeep the SAK of the auto world or is it SAK the Jeep of the Knife world?

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #4786 on: September 19, 2017, 05:19:00 PM

Good job!  :tu:

+1  :tu:

us Offline Tired_Yeti

Reply #4787 on: September 19, 2017, 07:06:10 PM
The puppy chewed on the Benadryl cream tube and made a burr that cut my finger. So I trimmed the tube with the small blade and used the chisel to pry up some burrs on the cap so I could trim them off.

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #4788 on: September 20, 2017, 02:46:28 AM
BTW, I forgot to thank you. I had inquired about this in another thread. This is exactly the testing report I was looking for regarding the magnifier.

Now, I'd just like to hear about some effective uses of the fish scaler from someone. After taking care of some of those boring, grown up responsibilities, I'll be picking up a Swiss Champ myself.

No problem  :tu: I had been wondering about the magnifier for many years myself.

As for the fish scaler I have 2 so far, pumpkin carving next month and bark stripping. I used it for scraping the rough kind of bark off, it doesn't mess up the cambium much either incase you wanted to eat it for survival or fun. I imagine it's a good scraper type thing all around, you don't have to worry about dulling or damaging the knife edge and it's smooth all around and washes clean easily unlike the nail file so you can pick the mud or poopoo out of your boot tread or do the macgyver thing and press open a door notch. I'm gonna try to find some chestnuts later, since it still has a kind of thin edge I might be able to split the shell cleanly and get the nut out in one.   :salute:

us Offline Tired_Yeti

Reply #4789 on: September 20, 2017, 05:15:36 AM
As for the fish scaler I have 2 so far, pumpkin carving next month and bark stripping. I used it for scraping the rough kind of bark off, it doesn't mess up the cambium much either incase you wanted to eat it for survival or fun. I imagine it's a good scraper type thing all around, you don't have to worry about dulling or damaging the knife edge and it's smooth all around and washes clean easily unlike the nail file so you can pick the mud or poopoo out of your boot tread or do the macgyver thing and press open a door notch. I'm gonna try to find some chestnuts later, since it still has a kind of thin edge I might be able to split the shell cleanly and get the nut out in one.   :salute:
Hey! Nice ideas! I think you've closed the sale me on getting a SC for sure.  Besides, I got to the store this evening realized I forgot to bring a pen and thought, "If I had a Swiss Champ, I'd have a pen right now."

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #4790 on: September 20, 2017, 09:37:28 AM
Hey! Nice ideas! I think you've closed the sale me on getting a SC for sure.  Besides, I got to the store this evening realized I forgot to bring a pen and thought, "If I had a Swiss Champ, I'd have a pen right now."

Thanks haha I've used the pen a bit already as well. Very usefull scale tool, I would always double check all my EDC items when I go GeoCaching and still end up forgetting the pen a lot too. :ahhh

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #4791 on: September 20, 2017, 01:00:25 PM

You know... if you absolutely need to have a pen on your Sak, you don't need a SC for it, just the plus scales...  :pok:                 :D
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #4792 on: September 20, 2017, 02:41:38 PM

You know... if you absolutely need to have a pen on your Sak, you don't need a SC for it, just the plus scales...  :pok:                 :D

:twak:

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4793 on: September 20, 2017, 03:06:10 PM

No problem  :tu: I had been wondering about the magnifier for many years myself.

Good ideas for the fish scaler.

It is great to see that you are finding uses for all the different tools on the Swiss Champ.

Many times people will get a new knife and then hardly use it, but a SAK can only truly be appreciated when a person starts using it to accomplish many different tasks.

:like: :tu: :tu:

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Reply #4794 on: September 20, 2017, 06:51:51 PM
It´s a CAK rather than a SAK... Opening a Chouffe Soleil to celebrate the last day of summer.
DSC08016-cak-chouffe25.jpg
* DSC08016-cak-chouffe25.jpg (Filesize: 390.23 KB)

us Offline Tired_Yeti

Reply #4795 on: September 20, 2017, 07:43:26 PM
It´s a CAK rather than a SAK... Opening a Chouffe Soleil to celebrate the last day of summer.
What is "CAK"? Camillus?

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Reply #4796 on: September 20, 2017, 07:45:37 PM
What is "CAK"? Camillus?

It´s a Mikov (Czech Army Knife).
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,69645.msg1389815.html#msg1389815
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 08:23:14 PM by Ronald Schröder »

us Offline Tired_Yeti

Reply #4797 on: September 21, 2017, 04:14:09 AM
What is "CAK"? Camillus?

It´s a Mikov (Czech Army Knife).
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,69645.msg1389815.html#msg1389815
Very cool

us Offline Tired_Yeti

Reply #4798 on: September 21, 2017, 05:07:51 AM
Ventilate an empty pressurized cylinder for the trash.

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #4799 on: September 21, 2017, 07:06:30 AM
Ventilate an empty pressurized cylinder for the trash.

Just like the SwissChamp product photo hehe

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31