Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What did you use your Sak on today?

colt 1911 · 10814 · 580773

us Offline KandiKlover

• Classic SD - SwissChamp
Re: What did you use your Sak on today?
Reply #4920 on: October 11, 2017, 04:36:41 AM
...wonder if the smoke is bad for the glass tho hehe
Smoke won't hurt the glass, but it does a hell of a number on lung tissue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as the SwissChamp remains pristine  8) :cheers:

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4921 on: October 11, 2017, 07:17:47 AM
I cut an apple with my SAK today
frr.jpg
* frr.jpg (Filesize: 107.99 KB)
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #4922 on: October 11, 2017, 07:52:21 AM
I didn’t, the leader used my sak! took the little guy to his Boy Scout meeting and I just sat and watched them do their stuff, then came doing knotwork, so, the chief/leader realizes he’s got three kids to teach yet only one long piece of rope, so ok, cut it into a couple of pieces, no? But then he realizes he’s got nothing to cut it with, really, doesn’t carry a freaking knife? So he ends up asking if anyone has scissors? Omg, seriously? But it gets even worse, I stand up to hand down my sak pioneerX, he opens it up, cuts the rope into a couple pieces, hands them out, then turns to me saying, "how does this close, does it have one of those liner locks, or does it just close"? :facepalm: OMG it’s a freaking sak! And yet this guy is the big chief/leader.. oh yeah and he’s also the chief of a fire dept, who else should know a sak better?
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #4923 on: October 11, 2017, 08:02:56 AM
I didn’t, the leader used my sak! took the little guy to his Boy Scout meeting and I just sat and watched them do their stuff, then came doing knotwork, so, the chief/leader realizes he’s got three kids to teach yet only one long piece of rope, so ok, cut it into a couple of pieces, no? But then he realizes he’s got nothing to cut it with, really, doesn’t carry a freaking knife? So he ends up asking if anyone has scissors? Omg, seriously? But it gets even worse, I stand up to hand down my sak pioneerX, he opens it up, cuts the rope into a couple pieces, hands them out, then turns to me saying, "how does this close, does it have one of those liner locks, or does it just close"? :facepalm: OMG it’s a freaking sak! And yet this guy is the big chief/leader.. oh yeah and he’s also the chief of a fire dept, who else should know a sak better?
JR

:rofl: :rofl:

Is it still cub scouts?
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #4924 on: October 11, 2017, 08:51:54 AM
JR

Is it still cub scouts?
No boy's, the next stage up. But still, you would think any leader (gotta be in upper 40’s) would know what a sak is, and how it opens and closes!
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

gr Offline firiki

• Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #4925 on: October 11, 2017, 08:58:09 AM
JR

Is it still cub scouts?
No boy's, the next stage up. But still, you would think any leader (gotta be in upper 40’s) would know what a sak is, and how it opens and closes!
JR

:facepalm:  A sign of the times, I guess.  :facepalm:

:ahhh
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

hr Offline styx

Reply #4926 on: October 11, 2017, 10:00:24 AM
JR

Is it still cub scouts?
JR

Not sure if that is more annoying or sad
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #4927 on: October 11, 2017, 10:40:57 AM
JR

Is it still cub scouts?
JR

The smartphone obssessed fad generation. It's like an opposite version of the Borg where all the drones are useless.  :assimilate:

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #4928 on: October 11, 2017, 03:14:12 PM
JR

Is it still cub scouts?
JR

The smartphone obssessed fad generation. It's like an opposite version of the Borg where all the drones are useless.  :assimilate:

Well... I think it's just... sad...  :-[  :facepalm:  :bnghd:  If it was one of those silly, empty headed, smartphone formated millennials i could even understand, but grown up 40 plus guy...?  GEEZZZ...
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4929 on: October 11, 2017, 03:33:51 PM
I makes me sad to see how things have changed since I was  kid.

I learned how to use a knife properly at a young age.

Now days there seem to be far more people who have never used a pocket knife than those that have. At least that is how it is here.

I can't imagine a Scout leader not knowing how to operate a SAK.

I am glad I grew up when I did.

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #4930 on: October 11, 2017, 03:56:43 PM

Now days there seem to be far more people who have never used a pocket knife than those that have. At least that is how it is here.

+1

I am very glad I grew up when I did (born during the Truman administration). My younger brother and I were so eager to learn and there were not as many restrictions as we have these days. My grandfather (born in 1880) lived with us and we would watch with fascination as he would use his folding knife for many routine tasks and pepper him with questions about his knife or other things. My earliest days were filled with discovery and imagination as we listened to the radio before TVs were a household item.

Jim

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4931 on: October 11, 2017, 07:13:44 PM

+1

I am very glad I grew up when I did (born during the Truman administration). My younger brother and I were so eager to learn and there were not as many restrictions as we have these days. My grandfather (born in 1880) lived with us and we would watch with fascination as he would use his folding knife for many routine tasks and pepper him with questions about his knife or other things. My earliest days were filled with discovery and imagination as we listened to the radio before TVs were a household item.

Jim

I can definitely relate to that. :like: :tu: :tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #4932 on: October 11, 2017, 07:37:55 PM
Young indeed, I watched my grandfather use his sak when I was little and he noticed that I was interested, so he told me when you turn 12 I will buy you your first! Needless to say the next 2yrs were the longest I had ever delt with but that time came and I didn’t care for any other packages, just that little box that said: from grandpa!
  When both my kids turned 12 it was a proud time for me to give them their first sak, the same one my grandfather gave me! The older kid, ahh, I don’t think he really cares, he’s more of a sports nut and now into auto, but the little guy, well, he joined the Boy Scouts, and has a collection of I think 4 knives!
   But last night was a little nuts if you ask me, because
first, he didn’t ask for a knife, he asked for scissors! Who is going to bring scissors to a meeting?
Second, they guys the leader, he should know how a sak works!
And last, the guys also a freaking fire chief,
JR

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #4933 on: October 11, 2017, 09:21:15 PM
Young indeed, I watched my grandfather use his sak when I was little and he noticed that I was interested, so he told me when you turn 12 I will buy you your first! Needless to say the next 2yrs were the longest I had ever delt with but that time came and I didn’t care for any other packages, just that little box that said: from grandpa!
  When both my kids turned 12 it was a proud time for me to give them their first sak, the same one my grandfather gave me! The older kid, ahh, I don’t think he really cares, he’s more of a sports nut and now into auto, but the little guy, well, he joined the Boy Scouts, and has a collection of I think 4 knives!
first, he didn’t ask for a knife, he asked for scissors! Who is going to bring scissors to a meeting?
JR

This gentleman does not seem fit to lead scouts.  Hopefully, he knows something about fighting fires!

Jim

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #4934 on: October 11, 2017, 09:41:47 PM
JR

This gentleman does not seem fit to lead scouts.  Hopefully, he knows something about fighting fires!

Jim
He did know how to tie a knot.. :whistle:
JR

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #4935 on: October 11, 2017, 11:25:40 PM
JR

Jim
JR

And you know this because his shoe laces were tied?   :rofl:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #4936 on: October 12, 2017, 12:11:34 AM
JR

Jim
JR

And you know this because his shoe laces were tied?   :rofl:
Lol, no, he was teaching the kids it, idk about the shoes, they were boots and covered by pant legs..
JR

us Offline Tired_Yeti

Reply #4937 on: October 12, 2017, 12:41:45 AM
As long as the SwissChamp remains pristine  8) :cheers:
LOL! Amen!

us Offline Tired_Yeti

Reply #4938 on: October 12, 2017, 12:43:51 AM
Don't feel bad. You *had* to. It was a bad apple with malicious (or was it delicious?) intent. Someone has to stand up for truth and justice!
Bravo, my good fellow! Bravo!

us Offline Tired_Yeti

Reply #4939 on: October 12, 2017, 12:58:09 AM
My super nice, very generous neighbor decorates his yard for each holiday. I've started doing it to. Well, he knows I have a little tot daughter and he enjoys when I carry her across the street to see all his Gemmy inflatables in his yard. So yesterday I took her across to see the big Halloween pumpkin he put up. He admits he's something if a hoarder and buys things on sale even if he doesn't need then. So he says he has too many decorations and needs to get rid of some. So, my neighbor gave me 3 inflatables. 2 Halloween and 1 Christmas. So...

--if the story is dragging on, just skip the part above--
Today I used the inline Phillips and the pliers on the Swiss Champ to remove the blower motor

from the spider

and put it in the cat.

I have a garage full of tools and had a more appropriate screwdriver for those little screws, but I wanted to see how small the Vic Phillips goes. I know it's supposed to handle the large #2 screws, but it has a unique design so I was curious.

Worked with no problem. Good to know! I like testing my tools in the comfort and safety of home where I have a whole tool bench to use in case of failure. Once I learn the capabilities (and limits) of a MT, it increases my faith and confidence in the tool to perform for me when I'm out and about.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 01:00:06 AM by Tired_Yeti »

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #4940 on: October 12, 2017, 01:09:48 AM
My super nice, very generous neighbor decorates his yard for each holiday. I've started doing it to. Well, he knows I have a little tot daughter and he enjoys when I carry her across the street to see all his Gemmy inflatables in his yard. So yesterday I took her across to see the big Halloween pumpkin he put up. He admits he's something if a hoarder and buys things on sale even if he doesn't need then. So he says he has too many decorations and needs to get rid of some. So, my neighbor gave me 3 inflatables. 2 Halloween and 1 Christmas. So...

Today I used the inline Phillips and the pliers on the Swiss Champ to remove the blower motor(Image removed from quote.)

from the spider
(Image removed from quote.)

and put it in the cat.(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

I have a garage full of tools and had a more appropriate screwdriver for those little screws, but I wanted to see how small the Vic Phillips goes. I know it's supposed to handle the large #2 screws, but it has a unique design so I was curious. (Image removed from quote.)

Worked with no problem. Good to know! I like testing my tools in the comfort and safety of home where I have a whole tool bench to use in case of failure. Once I learn the capabilities (and limits) of a MT, it increases my faith and confidence in the tool to perform for me when I'm out and about.

:like:

Well done! Thanks for taking the time to share a story and photos. The little ones grow up fast!

Good feedback on the Philips driver.

:cheers:

Jim

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4941 on: October 12, 2017, 11:22:47 PM

Today I used the inline Phillips and the pliers on the Swiss Champ to remove the blower motor(Image removed from quote.)

from the spider

and put it in the cat.(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

I have a garage full of tools and had a more appropriate screwdriver for those little screws, but I wanted to see how small the Vic Phillips goes. I know it's supposed to handle the large #2 screws, but it has a unique design so I was curious. (Image removed from quote.)

Cool pictures.

That is good to test your equipment at home to learn what it is capable of.

:tu: :tu: :cheers:
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 11:23:50 PM by VICMAN »

us Offline Tired_Yeti

Reply #4942 on: October 14, 2017, 02:15:19 AM
Not sure what happened. My car battery died while I was at work. I always carry jumper cables in my vehicles but I needed another car to jump off of. I was finally able to get the Perimeter Patrol car to jump my battery, but...
We couldn't get the hood of the old Crown Vic open. The SAK came to the rescue yet again. As the officer pulled the release cable, I used the cap lifter/screwdriver/mini pry bar to pop the hood!
I tend to use that tool as a pry bar more than anything else. Gawd! I love carrying a SAK everywhere! You just never know when...

No photos this time as cellphones and cameras are not permitted in this environment.

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #4943 on: October 14, 2017, 03:28:30 AM
Not sure what happened. My car battery died while I was at work. I always carry jumper cables in my vehicles but I needed another car to jump off of. I was finally able to get the Perimeter Patrol car to jump my battery, but...
We couldn't get the hood of the old Crown Vic open. The SAK came to the rescue yet again. As the officer pulled the release cable, I used the cap lifter/screwdriver/mini pry bar to pop the hood!
I tend to use that tool as a pry bar more than anything else. Gawd! I love carrying a SAK everywhere! You just never know when...

No photos this time as cellphones and cameras are not permitted in this environment.

Perimeter Patrol hehe nice I always pack the swisschamp too. I missed having a SAK, I been using it a lot for doing everything. I have FRS radios for neighborhood patrol  ;)

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4944 on: October 14, 2017, 03:19:07 PM

A SAK comes in very handy.   :like:

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #4945 on: October 15, 2017, 04:57:05 AM

A SAK comes in very handy.   :like:

indubitably!  :like: :tu:

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #4946 on: October 16, 2017, 06:10:58 PM
My hand made leather wallet and leather strips arrived today...

Used Jalox to make a few lanyards...

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #4947 on: October 17, 2017, 05:51:42 AM
I used the thin tip of the chisel to pop the backs off my new mechanical pocket watch. Wonder if I can get the timelord badge now.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 05:54:01 AM by KandiKlover »

nl Offline Mactire404

• There's a SAK for that!
Reply #4948 on: October 17, 2017, 09:12:10 AM

Oh, I really need a yellow SAK in my life  :like:
My SAK collection and more: http://pocketknives.home.blog

nl Offline Mactire404

• There's a SAK for that!
Reply #4949 on: October 17, 2017, 09:26:02 AM
I used the thin tip of the chisel to pop the backs off my new mechanical pocket watch. Wonder if I can get the timelord badge now.

Lovely watch! I don't know many people who carry pocket-watches. I really like them.
Because I can't wear wrissmurfches at work I carry a pocket-watch.
My SAK collection and more: http://pocketknives.home.blog

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD