Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What did you use your Sak on today?

colt 1911 · 10795 · 568232

us Offline stealth007s

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Re: What did you use your Sak on today?
Reply #60 on: January 03, 2013, 07:36:59 AM
My wife used my Climber to cut packing tape when she put the Christmas decorations away. I have NOTHING to do with Christmas decorations in our house. I will though, be doing outside decorations next year. Details to come...........
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #61 on: January 03, 2013, 04:01:21 PM
Used my Compact to cut open the plastic covering to a game and to snip a loose thread. 
K-Tibbs

us Offline WoodMan

Reply #62 on: January 04, 2013, 01:17:36 AM
Breaking down cardboard Xmas boxes to flatten them for the recycling bin.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #63 on: January 04, 2013, 04:02:34 PM
I'm hoping to be using on of my SAKs to open my newest addition, the Vic Explorer!  I should have it in my hands within an hour or so I'm hoping.   :mail:
K-Tibbs

br Offline rmagralha

Reply #64 on: January 04, 2013, 09:34:58 PM
Replaced a dead battery in my multimeter, used the philips tool to open it.  :tu:

us Offline WiSAKfan

Reply #65 on: January 05, 2013, 03:46:19 AM
today used the inline phillips on one of my custom SAKs to take off and put by back on these little covers we put on the baseboard heaters in the common areas of rentals so the renters don't jack up the heat

i've mentioned this before but i really like the inline phillips

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #66 on: January 05, 2013, 07:05:35 AM
i've mentioned this before but i really like the inline phillips

My new Explorer has the inline phillips, but I haven't had the need to use it yet.  I've been having some fun with the magnifying glass though :D
K-Tibbs

ca Offline Jothra

• No Life Club
  • Queen's Venturer
Reply #67 on: January 05, 2013, 09:07:31 AM
I used the saw on my OH Forester to score a section of stucco so I could demo it without taking the rest of the wall with it. It wasn't ideal, but I didn't have access to power for the sawzall yet, and it made just enough of a groove that a hammer and flat bar could break cleanly the rest of the way through.

I also used the Forester's big beefy bottle opener/screwdriver to pull out a bunch of staples that the hammer and flat bar just couldn't deal with. The stronger prybar-style screwdriver was worth the price of admission all on its own.

That poor Forester sure takes a beating, but that's what it's for.

ie Offline qwotchi

Reply #68 on: January 07, 2013, 01:40:47 AM
The hook disgorger on my Champ helped me fix the washing machine yesterday.
Today I used the screwdriver on my MiniChamp to dismantle and reassemble my laptop.

us Offline colt 1911

Reply #69 on: January 07, 2013, 03:06:19 AM
Made a quiver used the Wenger evo 10 to cut and punch holes in the strap. gotta love an sak ! :tool:
CHEERS

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #70 on: January 07, 2013, 03:16:26 PM
Used the awl on my Alox Pioneer Rancher to carve my initials on the back side scale on my new Explorer.  Also had some more fun with the magnifying glass on the Explorer :D
K-Tibbs

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #71 on: January 08, 2013, 07:24:24 PM
Used my Alox Pioneer Rancher's pruner blade to open a pack of post-it notes here at work.  I love that pruner blade :tu:
K-Tibbs

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #72 on: January 09, 2013, 04:25:15 PM
Used the scissors on my Explorer to cut some archiving box number labels here at work, and used the pruner blade on my Pioneer Rancher to open some boxes.  Geez, it looks like I'm the only one who's used a SAK these past couple days :P :pok:
K-Tibbs

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #73 on: January 09, 2013, 04:33:42 PM
I use them every day. But I thought I should note only the extraordinary stuff and not daily cutting/ screwing.
That pruner is a Destroyer!

hu Offline borgwarrior

• Wait,what?
Reply #74 on: January 09, 2013, 04:34:38 PM
Used the Super Soldier to screw off and on a few things on a high $$$ production printing machine. :D
Small collection of SAK's, (but growing rapidly. :D) not so fast at this time. :( And the most important of all: Ze Zuper Zoldier by Steve!  :ahhh
Wishlist for 2014: Rangergrip 88, Victorinox: CT41, Spirit X BO CC, Swisstool X BO, Some limited Alox stuffs and so on

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #75 on: January 09, 2013, 04:34:48 PM
I used the Wenger SI awl to start holes in a kitchen cabinet to install new hinges. Used the Wenger Traveler scissors to cut off the excess paper from a self rolled ciggie, Used the Vic Executive nailfile to clean under my nails, opened an envelope with the SI blade (bills again ::) ) .... Lots of stuff but I don't remember to update this thread all the time.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #76 on: January 09, 2013, 04:48:57 PM
I use them every day. But I thought I should note only the extraordinary stuff and not daily cutting/ screwing.
That pruner is a Destroyer!

I used the Wenger SI awl to start holes in a kitchen cabinet to install new hinges. Used the Wenger Traveler scissors to cut off the excess paper from a self rolled ciggie, Used the Vic Executive nailfile to clean under my nails, opened an envelope with the SI blade (bills again ::) ) .... Lots of stuff but I don't remember to update this thread all the time.

Oh I understand guys, I was just breathing life back into this thread :D  I use mine at least a few times a day, and sometimes just pull one out to fiddle with for a bit, just for the fun of it.  And yes, that pruner blade is awesome.  It's one of my favorite SAK implements :tu:
K-Tibbs

Offline Mattexian

Reply #77 on: January 10, 2013, 04:58:04 AM
Got a new "used" camo Super Tinker from the catman today, and used it for cleaning under my nails with the awl, and made supper by opening a can of spaghetti sauce with the can opener.  :climber:

Matt in Texas
R

us Offline stealth007s

Reply #78 on: January 10, 2013, 06:02:41 AM
Oh I understand guys, I was just breathing life back into this thread :D  I use mine at least a few times a day, and sometimes just pull one out to fiddle with for a bit, just for the fun of it.  And yes, that pruner blade is awesome.  It's one of my favorite SAK implements :tu:

This thread is only a couple weeks old at six pages :think: Not exactly dead :think: Oh well :salute:

:b2t:

Used the scissors on my Climber today to cut paracord. I made my own zipper pull strings for my Camelbak BFM pack. The pack had black strings with the black plastic ends. I changed the cord to yellow and kept the plastic end :tu: I like the black and yellow, of course, plus I can see the pulls in low light conditions as well :tu: So, it's a win-win deal that's multi-functional :tu: I'll post image(s) from my phone in a bit :think: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Terry

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #79 on: January 10, 2013, 03:16:03 PM
I used the electrician's blade to remove my Minichamp's Cellidor scales (worked perfectly) and installed the Transluscent light blue ones lowtech was kind to donate me. Then I used the smaller Hex Cybertool bits to disassemble the emergency knife I bought. And the usual stuff (cut my nails, some cords I used as lanyards etc).

us Offline stealth007s

Reply #80 on: January 10, 2013, 07:39:13 PM
Images I promised of the zipper pulls from y'day.

Sent from Endor using Schlapatok

Terry

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #81 on: January 11, 2013, 04:24:45 PM
Used the large screwdriver on my Pioneer Rancher to take out the large screw holding the drain cover in my bathtub so that I could pour some Liquid Plumbr in. 

I also use the end of the corkscrew to clean under my nails as I never use it for wine bottles.  I figured I could find some kind of use for it:)
K-Tibbs

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #82 on: January 11, 2013, 04:44:35 PM
I also use the end of the corkscrew to clean under my nails as I never use it for wine bottles.  I figured I could find some kind of use for it:)

Try some tight knots, especially on nylon bags.
And keep your fine screwdriver there!  :)

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #83 on: January 11, 2013, 06:07:42 PM

Try some tight knots, especially on nylon bags.
And keep your fine screwdriver there!  :)

I've seen some of you mention the knot thing, but I've yet to have the chance to try that.  I do keep the fine screwdriver in there as well.  It looks better with the screwdriver in there, so it looks like it has more purpose :)
K-Tibbs

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #84 on: January 12, 2013, 04:51:39 PM
I just used the cut & picker blade to open a plastic package. It is THE tool for the job (with the pruner at second place). I took the idea from here: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Axd9ACLHhgE&feature=related

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #85 on: January 12, 2013, 06:34:09 PM
I just used the cut & picker blade to open a plastic package. It is THE tool for the job (with the pruner at second place). I took the idea from here: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Axd9ACLHhgE&feature=related

Victorinox Swiss Army The Hook Tool (aka Clamshell Opener) Available at KnifeCenter

Well calling it the clamshell opener is a lot better than Cut and Picker Blade for pill bottles. :D Great idea there. :salute:

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #86 on: January 12, 2013, 07:22:37 PM
Hook(ed) blade is a nice name too.

us Offline getahl

Reply #87 on: January 12, 2013, 07:40:19 PM
Cut a bunch of tree roots while digging a hold near my sprinkler valves with my Farmer, so I can repair a busted valve.  My branch saws are too large to efficiently fit in the tight confines of pipe and dirt.
Here is a post-action, pre-cleaning shot.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #88 on: January 13, 2013, 04:53:47 AM
Used the pruner blade on my P-Rancher to open some mail.  It seems like that blade can be used for just about anything  :tu:
K-Tibbs

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #89 on: January 14, 2013, 03:43:45 PM
I used the Compact's scissors to trim a couple stray whiskers, and the corkscrew tip to clean under my nails. :tu:
K-Tibbs

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD