Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What did you use your Sak on today?

colt 1911 · 10795 · 568275

us Offline colt 1911

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #90 on: January 14, 2013, 05:04:11 PM
CHEERS

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Re: What did you use your Sak on today?
Reply #91 on: January 14, 2013, 05:10:10 PM
Just used the pruner blade on the Alox P-Rancher to open the clamshell package containing my new PST II! :mail:   :D 
K-Tibbs

us Offline colt 1911

Reply #92 on: January 14, 2013, 05:25:04 PM
Just used the pruner blade on the Alox P-Rancher to open the clamshell package containing my new PST II! :mail:   :D

oh can i see a pic of the pst II
CHEERS

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #93 on: January 14, 2013, 05:29:21 PM

Believe me, I would love to but, I don't have the means to do so, unfortunately.  I've tried posting pics before, but I kept getting told that the file size was too big or something along those lines, so I'm not sure what to do.  I was doing it from my wife's smartphone (I don't have my own yet).  Does the Tapatalk app fix this perhaps?
K-Tibbs

us Offline colt 1911

Reply #94 on: January 14, 2013, 05:39:53 PM

Believe me, I would love to but, I don't have the means to do so, unfortunately.  I've tried posting pics before, but I kept getting told that the file size was too big or something along those lines, so I'm not sure what to do.  I was doing it from my wife's smartphone (I don't have my own yet).  Does the Tapatalk app fix this perhaps?
I had the same problem with my computer, try downloading your pic's to Photobucket  then to MTO
CHEERS

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #95 on: January 14, 2013, 05:51:39 PM

I had the same problem with my computer, try downloading your pic's to Photobucket  then to MTO

Thanks for the answer.  I think you also answered this same question on another thread saying that Tapatalk fixes the problem.  I could try this on my PC, but it's old and slow as death at times, so I'm not sure if I have the patience to mess with that >:(
K-Tibbs

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #96 on: January 14, 2013, 08:01:55 PM
Trimmed my fingernails with my Spartan. (I never use scissors or a file with my fingernails.)

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #97 on: January 14, 2013, 09:09:47 PM
Trimmed my fingernails with my Spartan. (I never use scissors or a file with my fingernails.)

Wow! How is that done? Sounds risky...
-Jeremy
"Well begun is half done."
-Aristotle

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #98 on: January 14, 2013, 09:11:28 PM

I know, I was curious about that myself ???
K-Tibbs

us Offline getahl

Reply #99 on: January 15, 2013, 03:15:13 AM
You kinda whittle them away. Using the edge, start a split on a long nail, and either whittle up, or push cut as far as you need. I've done this on my toenails in the past, when I didn't have clippers. Also, nose hair trimming with my Classic's scissors, and cuticle maintenance with a SAK's small blade.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #100 on: January 15, 2013, 03:35:36 AM
You kinda whittle them away. Using the edge, start a split on a long nail, and either whittle up, or push cut as far as you need. I've done this on my toenails in the past, when I didn't have clippers. Also, nose hair trimming with my Classic's scissors, and cuticle maintenance with a SAK's small blade.

Oh I see.  I do use SAK scissors for stray whisker/nose hair trimming :tu:
K-Tibbs

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #101 on: January 15, 2013, 03:56:30 AM
I tried out the can opener on the Wenger Evo s17 on 2 15oz  cans. Worked excellently.

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #102 on: January 15, 2013, 10:30:15 AM

getahl explained it well, I just push cut from the outer edge in towards the centre "with the grain", then repeat from the other side. I don't whittle them as such. It's only unsafe if you have a dull knife, and then you deserve whatever you get. :D

I actually think it's safer than scissors, as you do a controlled cut all the way. If you have a nice and really sharp blade, it isn't even necessary to cut from each edge, then it's just a single, smooth cut from the first edge.

tw Offline KTesh

• We4ishe2me pu3to1nghua4 bi3 yi1ngyu3 ge4ng na2n?
Reply #103 on: January 15, 2013, 07:34:28 PM
Helped a guy presenting a business outside of campus open up his rolled up displays with my sak...  it was too cold for fingers to try an pry the metal displays apart.
If you can't fix it with duct tape, a hammer, a screwdriver, bailing wire, zipties, or a Swiss Army Knife, it's broken and irreparable.

us Offline colt 1911

Reply #104 on: January 15, 2013, 08:18:27 PM
I tried out the can opener on the Wenger Evo s17 on 2 15oz  cans. Worked excellently.
I really like the Wengers especially the evo's
CHEERS

ca Offline Landrew

• Not yer typical toothless abductee
Reply #105 on: January 16, 2013, 02:24:02 PM
I used the awl on my Victorinox Huntsman to bore a hole in the plastic tab on my field jacket to attach a thermometer.  Despite my best efforts, it folded up several times, and hurt my fingers &%^$#*! Dammit!

My mission is now to devise a way to prevent that from happening. Maybe a clip of some kind can be slid over the knife...

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #106 on: January 18, 2013, 03:44:05 PM
I didn't use it today as such (we have heavy rain these days) but I have used my Swisschamp's lens (old type) as an eyepiece with my 12" f/5 telescope. It had neither the apparent field of view nor the correction or coatings of my Naglers, Delos or ES100s but it is an excellent planetary option. After all I know people that use ball BaK7 lenses for planets. It is also MUCH cheaper and lighter and readily available.

Offline peacemaker885

Reply #107 on: January 18, 2013, 10:02:52 PM
I've been carrying my Minichamp since I got it last Monday and just love it.  Last night I used the scissors to cut some dead leaver in one of our indoor plants.  Today I used it to open packaging for a project we are doing. 

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #108 on: January 19, 2013, 04:32:54 AM
Been using the mag glass on the Explorer to inspect/admire my new PST II :)  Still lovin' that thing :dd:
K-Tibbs

tw Offline KTesh

Reply #109 on: January 19, 2013, 08:11:27 AM
Used my small blade and my scissors to make money today ($18USD)...  I have a small business producing a tool for food cart vendors (I currently live in the PDX Metro Area), and my SAK is a crucial tool in being able to cut the waste material away. :climber:

Right now, I have about $41 more in products waiting to sell.

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/r-i-p-keep-portland-weird

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:20:58 AM by KTesh »
If you can't fix it with duct tape, a hammer, a screwdriver, bailing wire, zipties, or a Swiss Army Knife, it's broken and irreparable.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #110 on: January 20, 2013, 12:54:40 AM
Used the pruner blade on the Alox P-Rancher to open the boxes and cut wrapping off of various parts to a baby bouncer seat and our crib.  Love that pruner blade :tu:

Also ended up having to use the straight pin and tweezers to remove a splinter from the wife's finger.  Another instance to prove why it's good to have these things (and to rub it in her face :rofl:)
K-Tibbs

ca Offline Landrew

Reply #111 on: January 20, 2013, 01:01:17 AM
Leaving town for the weekend, I'm also carrying the SwissChamp in a Kunys HD cellphone holster on my belt at about the 8 o'clock position on my waist.  It stays out of trouble back there, and it alleviates the panicky feeling of being away from home without the right tools.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 01:09:39 AM by Landrew »

spam Offline sak-collector

Reply #112 on: January 20, 2013, 01:03:14 AM
Used my Pioneer to open a box from Amazon this morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tw Offline KTesh

Reply #113 on: January 21, 2013, 08:38:51 AM
Used the file to grind down my toenails (Damn Onychomycosis) (I'm now on Terbinafine, so hopefully this use will end).  To add insult to injury, I decided to sanitize my knife by giving it a quick dip in 91% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol...  It attacked my brand new scales.  I've now got a set that looks years old, and has some nasty looking scratches on it.

To neutralize the effect of the alcohol, I'm now soaking it in hot water with dish soap.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:15:48 AM by KTesh »

us Offline stealth007s

• I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Reply #114 on: January 21, 2013, 08:43:50 PM
(Image removed from quote.)

We have the same slogan here for Austin, Texas :think: Could it be an organization of making US cities weird?¿?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 08:55:22 PM by stealth007s »
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

ca Offline Landrew

Reply #115 on: January 21, 2013, 08:46:31 PM
My favorite tool disinfectant is boiling hot water.

nl Offline Wootz

Reply #116 on: January 21, 2013, 10:38:34 PM
My favorite tool disinfectant is boiling hot water.

Another very good reason to like alox: easy to clean.
Personal care and lunch foodprep is mainly why I carry a pocketknife.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #117 on: January 22, 2013, 10:42:31 PM
I installed a new door lock in my office. The problem is that the 30 years old one and the new one weren't compatible. So I had to use many tools of my XLT; straight driver, Philips driver, chisel (a lot, to carve wood), blade, metal file (to widen the metal hole), awl (to clean old paint and note where the screws would go), pliers, scissors (to put a temporary paper and mark the placement of parts) etc. The only other tool I used was a hammer.
The job is amateurish and needs a professional worker but for now it works. It was a SAK party!

Offline hiljentaa

Reply #118 on: January 23, 2013, 01:24:22 AM
Combo tool on Compact to open the all-important beers.

us Offline WiSAKfan

Reply #119 on: January 23, 2013, 01:42:28 AM
used the pen from the plus scales on my modded SAK to sign for a shipment of windows that came into today

the trucker was surprised there was a pen in there

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD