Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My Leatherman post #2

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Re: My Leatherman post #2
Reply #30 on: December 21, 2012, 06:18:38 PM
So just how many pics have we seen of broken Swisstool/Spirit broken plier heads ?

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #31 on: December 21, 2012, 06:24:59 PM
So just how many pics have we seen of broken Swisstool/Spirit broken plier heads ?

It's hard to really grip down on them.  They're too slippery. :whistle:

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #32 on: December 21, 2012, 06:32:37 PM

Boom tish  :D  :rofl:

Seriously I think Victorinox suffers less broken pliers then Leatherman , I think I've only ever seen one photo of a broken Swisstool and the guy had used it while welding  :facepalm:

us Online gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #33 on: December 21, 2012, 11:00:42 PM

Boom tish  :D  :rofl:

Seriously I think Victorinox suffers less broken pliers then Leatherman , I think I've only ever seen one photo of a broken Swisstool and the guy had used it while welding  :facepalm:

I've only seen a few broken swisstool (big or spirit) plier heads on the interwebz.  I have a feeling, however, that it may have more to do with the sheer number of LMs out there when compared to the swisstools than any inherent design or manufacturing differences.

This is coming from a die-hard Vic fan too  :o

My be worth bringing up this thread.
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #34 on: December 22, 2012, 10:09:08 AM
The number of SAKs pliers tools will/may depend on which continent you are on. Whilst in the American continent there may be more LM tools I do not think that this will be the case worldwide, at least regarding the larger pliers tool, competing with the spirit and the swisstool...
Here a Micra costs 50Euro remember. LM tools are very rare/unknown and considered more of an expensive gadget or fashion accessory. I have not (I think) ever seen anybody carry a LM tool, that was not gifted by me.

Any statistics anyone??
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #35 on: December 22, 2012, 10:14:57 AM
The number of SAKs pliers tools will/may depend on which continent you are on. Whilst in the American continent there may be more LM tools I do not think that this will be the case worldwide, at least regarding the larger pliers tool, competing with the spirit and the swisstool...
Here a Micra costs 50Euro remember. LM tools are very rare/unknown and considered more of an expensive gadget or fashion accessory. I have not (I think) ever seen anybody carry a LM tool, that was not gifted by me.

Any statistics anyone??

50 Euro!? :o I know LM's are expensive, but I believe we get them for about 30, here...
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #36 on: December 22, 2012, 06:25:26 PM
50, last time I checked which was a year ago... Only one dealer.  The bigger ones (Charge etc) are 100, 150...
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #37 on: December 22, 2012, 11:13:45 PM
50, last time I checked which was a year ago... Only one dealer.  The bigger ones (Charge etc) are 100, 150...
Yeah, charge tti goes for about 120/130 here, I believe, if you choose the right store, of course.
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%