Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Got my OHT Today!

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Got my OHT Today!
on: December 16, 2012, 05:51:51 PM
Went to Cabela's today, They had plenty of OHT's , Black was the only color available. I really dont want to take it out of the package, maybe later I am going to stare at it for awhile :rofl:

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Re: Got my OHT Today!
Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 06:00:53 PM
Sorry forgot the pic...

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 06:33:27 PM
how can you possibly resist opening it?!! :ahhh

Get it out, have a play and tell us what you think. :pok:

:D :D
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

ca Offline Metropolicity

• No Life Club
  • Hack Virtuoso
Got my OHT Today!
Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 06:35:28 PM
Awwww some!

I had mine apart within 30 mins of mine being open...literally apart...my relatives hated giving me gifts.

Why stop now?

Visit the whole Skinth family here: http://www.skinthsolutions.com

Keep up with The Skinths on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SkinthSolutions

Shapeways - Metro's Q-branch:
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/metro-qbranch

PayPal: metrogradegoods [at} gmail. com

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 06:44:16 PM
Awwww some!

I had mine apart within 30 mins of mine being open...literally apart...my relatives hated giving me gifts.

Why take it apart?  Curiosity, or mod fodder?
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 07:13:58 PM
Awwww some!

It's Eric.  He must know how it is put together so he can make it better.  I would hate to see what would happen if someone gave him a car for his birthday.   :D

us Offline stealth007s

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 08:36:18 PM
Awwww some!

It's Eric.  He must know how it is put together so he can make it better.  I would hate to see what would happen if someone gave him a car for his birthday.   :D

I would pay to watch that!¡!

I guess someone missed the GOHONS where Eric converted the OHT

Looks like you really scored at Cabelas K, first the Les Stroud and now this?¿? What else did ya buy?¿?

Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

ca Offline Metropolicity

• No Life Club
  • Hack Virtuoso
Got my OHT Today!
Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 08:37:33 PM
Awwww some!

I would pay to watch that!¡!

I guess someone missed the GOHONS where Eric converted the OHT

(Image removed from quote.)

Looks like you really scored at Cabelas K, first the Les Stroud and now this?¿? What else did ya buy?¿?

The GOHONS are put on hold, the Shears didn't fit.
Why stop now?

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 09:16:01 PM
Awwww some!

Very....Hmmm Gerber'ish...  :think: ;)

ca Offline Metropolicity

• No Life Club
  • Hack Virtuoso
Got my OHT Today!
Reply #9 on: December 16, 2012, 09:17:21 PM
Awwww some!

Very....Hmmm Gerber'ish...  :think: ;)

Not even. The gerber is beautifully simple. The OHT is incredibly complex for no reason.
Why stop now?

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 09:41:09 PM
Hey Stealth, I looked at Cabela's boots, diddnt have my size, looked at lots of camo and a couple of compound bows.I have to wait until after the holidays to go back as I have some bids going on ebay, Lots of stuff, almost as bad a going to Smokey Mountain Knifeworks! :2tu:

Offline jetscream

Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 10:28:07 PM
I scored a coyote OHT the other day at the new LL bean store. They only had one in the display case and actually had none in stock.  The manager asked me if I wanted the display model. I jumped on the offer.  After looking for the key for 45 minutes they managed to open the case.  He also had the open case and the MOLLE sheath in the back room. I also scored an extra 10%. I paid $66.00 with the discount.  I had to give it a good cleaning as it was covered with what looks like assembly grease.  I have been playing around with it but have not actually tested it out.     

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 10:43:47 PM
The more I look at the OHT, the more I think it's the complete opposite of the Spirit.

Victorinox made a Tardis of a tool which is crammed full of function, whereas this looks like a suitcase with a handful of mediocre sized tools. Yes the Spirit has it's desenters for lack of pocket clip, traction or OHO capability, but it was a sublime exercise in maximising available space. I'm sure for someone wearing gloves, or even someone who only has the use of one hand/arm for whatever reason, the OHT could be a beneficial tool (though at this stage I still think Buck did it better) ... but an efficient use of space it is not.

Have I missed a post/thread here, or are we still waiting for someone to really put this to proper use and give us a review? Who's going to volunteer to buy one for Nate to try out on the Farm for us?  >:D

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: December 16, 2012, 11:20:36 PM
I scored a coyote OHT the other day at the new LL bean store. They only had one in the display case and actually had none in stock.  The manager asked me if I wanted the display model. I jumped on the offer.  After looking for the key for 45 minutes they managed to open the case.  He also had the open case and the MOLLE sheath in the back room. I also scored an extra 10%. I paid $66.00 with the discount.  I had to give it a good cleaning as it was covered with what looks like assembly grease.  I have been playing around with it but have not actually tested it out.     
Was that at the CT store?

Offline jetscream

Reply #14 on: December 17, 2012, 03:23:19 AM
Yes sir, I was visiting my father down in Danbury.  I didn't even know there was a LL Bean store going in at the mall.  I was stoked when I saw the OHT in the display case.  Then was bummed when I was told there was none in stock.  Then was stoked when I was offered the display model.  Then got 10% off the purchase.  I am looking forward to putting it to work.  Last year I bought a Leatherman Wingman and used it during last year’s storm in October.  I wrote a great review and tool tale. 

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 12:54:42 PM
Yes sir, I was visiting my father down in Danbury.  I didn't even know there was a LL Bean store going in at the mall.  I was stoked when I saw the OHT in the display case.  Then was bummed when I was told there was none in stock.  Then was stoked when I was offered the display model.  Then got 10% off the purchase.  I am looking forward to putting it to work.  Last year I bought a Leatherman Wingman and used it during last year’s storm in October.  I wrote a great review and tool tale.
Thats awsome! I am 10 minutes away and still have not gotten there.

us Offline valvestem125

• You only go this way once.
Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 01:21:23 PM
I bought a black OHO Leatherman yesterday a Cabelas, they had both colors BTW.  First impression was that it is OK, not my favorite of the bunch, but OK.  It's a little stiff which is to be expected, but I am sure it will loosen up some.  All the blades are a little short, but they are usable in most situations.  No ruler, scissors, or awl, but one can't have everything, LOL.  I paid $70 which is not too bad IMO.  I think I covered everything without droning on.  John.

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 07:57:24 PM
the pliers look tiny for the tool, I am sure I will get one eventually.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #18 on: December 22, 2012, 04:22:20 AM
the pliers look tiny for the tool, I am sure I will get one eventually.

Everybody keeps saying that the pliers are small for the tool. I think they look big. Maybe not bigger that the 4.5" tools but bigger than the 4" tools. Anyways, I think it is an optical illusion caused by the big "shoulders" on the tool.
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%