Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

Rate the last movie you watched 105886

No Life Club Posts: 2,240 American Custom Materials Executive (ACME)
Re: Rate the last movie you watched
« Reply #2820 on: February 01, 2017, 02:14:17 AM »
It wasn't a movie, just 26 minutes and a few seconds.

I think the first episode of the Twilight Zone I ever saw was this one, and I just watched it again today because I've got the whole series and I can watch it any order I want.

The Monsters are Due on Maple Street. If you've never seen it, burn half an hour, inconvenience some electrons, and click

And feel very afraid.

There is man the tool maker, man the tool user, and man the tool- choose your path wisely.

"So I left the realm of man and beast to become a god, and leave my fingerprints upon the sky."

"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword."
No Life Club Posts: 2,319
« Reply #2821 on: February 01, 2017, 05:40:14 AM »
Finding Dory 1/10
Independence Day Resurgance 7/10
Hidden Figures 9/10
Sausage Party 8.5/10

I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings
Wielder of the Bow of Banishment. Admin Team Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 28,562 El Presidente del Fan Club Micky D
« Reply #2822 on: February 02, 2017, 01:17:49 AM »
Just finished season 1 of the  TV series Frontier. A Dicovery production drama series about the fur trade in Canada in the early 1800's.  8/10.

I really liked it. Only things I didnt like was that the story seems a bit rushed. Season 1 is only 6episodes. The story could easily have been streched for 4 more episodes and let us get to know the characters a bit better. But it certainly isnt boring.
The other thing that bugged me was that they keep forgetting to cock their pistols/muskets before pointing it at someone, wich sort of make their threats not so serious.
Its a bloddy show though, so not for the faint hearted.

Here's its intro song:

I've watched this now and am not sorry I did.  I totally agree that it felt rushed, perhaps they're not sure it's going to get a second series and wanted to deal with as many stories as quickly as possible?  If this does get a second series then I hope they slow down a bit.  The "all English are smurfs" story has rather been done before, and better.  Alun Armstrong is fantastic though. 

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,171
« Reply #2823 on: February 03, 2017, 12:00:10 PM »
Just finished season 1 of the  TV series Frontier. A Dicovery production drama series about the fur trade in Canada in the early 1800's.  8/10.

I really liked it. Only things I didnt like was that the story seems a bit rushed. Season 1 is only 6episodes. The story could easily have been streched for 4 more episodes and let us get to know the characters a bit better. But it certainly isnt boring.
The other thing that bugged me was that they keep forgetting to cock their pistols/muskets before pointing it at someone, wich sort of make their threats not so serious.
Its a bloddy show though, so not for the faint hearted.

Here's its intro song:

I've watched this now and am not sorry I did.  I totally agree that it felt rushed, perhaps they're not sure it's going to get a second series and wanted to deal with as many stories as quickly as possible?  If this does get a second series then I hope they slow down a bit.  The "all English are smurfs" story has rather been done before, and better.  Alun Armstrong is fantastic though.

there will be a second season. it will probably become available on Netflix in january 2018.
I hope they slow down a bit it season two as well. 
The amount of smurfs in the series was high, not all english though ;)
No wonder the Canadians became such friendly people, according to this series all the smurfs cut eachothers throats, leaving the nice people behind. :D

-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.
OCD Squad Member Global Moderator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 9,575
« Reply #2824 on: February 13, 2017, 08:52:52 PM »
Lego Batman Movie... 6/10

Sorta entertaining but the short was way better and so was the Lego movie.

Emergency Kit: Ovo Sport, chocolate, cheese, crispbread and a coin
Wielder of the Bow of Banishment. Admin Team Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 28,562 El Presidente del Fan Club Micky D
« Reply #2825 on: February 13, 2017, 09:20:26 PM »
A few years old now but worth a watch: Fury.  Not quite as good as Saving Private Ryan, but still very good IMO.  The tanks battles are just superb. 8/10

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 10,001 Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
« Reply #2826 on: February 13, 2017, 09:40:43 PM »
A few years old now but worth a watch: Fury.  Not quite as good as Saving Private Ryan, but still very good IMO.  The tanks battles are just superb. 8/10
Yeah good movie, but like you said not as good as Saving Private Ryan, that movie rocks, hell I still end up in tears..
JR

"The-Mad-Plumbarian" Stupidity And Unnecessary Roughness Will Over Come Any Situation!!! JR

No Life Club Posts: 4,884 Τετραφάρμακος
« Reply #2827 on: March 05, 2017, 11:09:26 AM »
The Lobster 10/10 (while watching it it's more of a 7/10, but I appreciated that it made me think loooong afterwards and I understood the whole film better a couple of days later. So 10 for this, how many english speaking movies do that nowadays?).

Resaw the Tin Tin movie, 9/10, a great adventure movie.

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 17,694 Gone Hunting!

dks cy

« Reply #2828 on: March 05, 2017, 04:10:44 PM »
Lethal Weapon Film series  7.5/10 overall good fun!

Pirates of the caribbean film series  8/10, good fun

Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 21,405 Wooooo!
« Reply #2829 on: March 06, 2017, 02:46:32 AM »
Dr. Strange last night, 8/10.  I enjoyed it, and there were some really trippy effects :tu:

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

K-Tibbs
« Reply #2830 on: March 06, 2017, 03:38:15 AM »
Dr. Strange last night, 8/10.  I enjoyed it, and there were some really trippy effects :tu:

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
I want to see that,
JR

"The-Mad-Plumbarian" Stupidity And Unnecessary Roughness Will Over Come Any Situation!!! JR

No Life Club Posts: 1,742
« Reply #2831 on: March 20, 2017, 02:14:37 PM »
Finally watched Rogue One.......

Unfortunately these days I rate a movie on whether I manage to stay awake for all of it.....

As a big Star Wars fan I'll restrict my comments to saying I really enjoyed...................

The Great Wall, 8/10. worth a watch  :salute:

:facepalm:

dks cy

« Reply #2832 on: March 20, 2017, 02:20:00 PM »
XXX Trilogy film series. OK, 6/10 in total, the last one is the best

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

dks cy

« Reply #2833 on: March 20, 2017, 02:24:05 PM »
Logan 7/10

Show content
I thought Xavier was dead.... or is this from the new Xmen ..
also, as the wolverine girl grows up her skeleton will not, so what happens to her

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 11,727
« Reply #2834 on: March 20, 2017, 04:12:43 PM »
The Hateful 8

I enjoyed it tho after watching enough Tarantino films they began to feel similar. 

8/10 

Esse Quam Videri
No Life Club Posts: 4,884 Τετραφάρμακος
« Reply #2835 on: March 20, 2017, 07:50:21 PM »
Rien à déclarer 9.5/10

I always find European (mostly Italian, British and French, Greek too) comedies far better than most of the American ones. Maybe because humor is strongly cultural dependent. This Belgian/French comedy about European Union and silly nationalism is one of the best.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 07:51:53 PM by kkokkolis »

OCD Squad Member Global Moderator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 9,575
« Reply #2836 on: March 20, 2017, 09:05:43 PM »
Logan 7/10

Show content
I thought Xavier was dead.... or is this from the new Xmen ..
also, as the wolverine girl grows up her skeleton will not, so what happens to her
As far as I understand, only her claws are covered in adamantium, so her bones can grow. Anyway, don't expect too much realism from comics... I mean if wolverins backbone is covered in adamantium, shouldn't he be totally anemic :D.

Emergency Kit: Ovo Sport, chocolate, cheese, crispbread and a coin
Hero Member Posts: 616

JP ca

« Reply #2837 on: March 20, 2017, 09:59:17 PM »
The Hateful 8

I enjoyed it tho after watching enough Tarantino films they began to feel similar. 

8/10
Agreed. 7/10 for Hateful 8.
« Reply #2838 on: March 21, 2017, 12:00:27 AM »
Sausage Party! Omg was that bad, and I don't mean as a bad movie, but a naughty movie!! 8/10.
Watching a 007 with the little guy now..
JR

« Reply #2839 on: March 21, 2017, 12:22:03 AM »
It's bond time with the little guy(adrboy), James Bond time! :D
JR

No Life Club Posts: 4,749
« Reply #2840 on: March 21, 2017, 03:34:17 AM »
Sully 7/10    was pretty good but Flight with Denzel was better IMO.
Passengers 8/10   Liked this one  Jenn Lawrence and Chrisp Rat  in a sci fi action/drama.

:like:
« Reply #2841 on: March 21, 2017, 05:23:30 AM »
Passengers 8/10   Liked this one  Jenn Lawrence and Chrisp Rat  in a sci fi action/drama.
Watched passengers today too, not to bad, very interesting, makes you want to think what the future holds?
JR

No Life Club Posts: 1,967
« Reply #2842 on: March 21, 2017, 01:24:35 PM »

Is that a new movie snack?

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $95.00
PayPal Fees: $5.38
Net Balance: $89.62
Below Goal: $185.38
Site Currency: USD
33% 
March Donations

Community Links