Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I gave away my Preon 1

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
I gave away my Preon 1
on: December 28, 2012, 06:19:02 PM
We never know what to get our father- in- law for Christmas, and he never puts stuff on his Amazon wish list. So our SOP has become going down and seeing what he could actually use. This year it was restringing a tennis racket, and I noticed he took walks at night with a crappy old 2x C cell plastic flashlight. The medium setting on my Preon is brighter. So with a heavy heart, I let my little light go to a better home.

I'll either replace it with another Preon 1 or try a Fenix. Considering how little I used it, I think the little fauxton on my keyring will do me well enough until I get around to replacing it.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Re: I gave away my Preon 1
Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 10:24:25 PM
Considering how little I used it, I think the little fauxton on my keyring will do me well enough until I get around to replacing it. 

If you don't use a light much, I suggest you try a Photon Freedom Micro (with covert nose).  They are a great little light, with an excellent user interface (single click for HI, press and hold to ramp up from Lo, you can even program in an auto-off after approx 3 minutes).  I'm sure you'll like it.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 10:52:34 PM
That was very nice of you. :salute:

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 11:02:22 PM
Good on you Lynn  :tu: Another light occasional light you might find nice is the Thrunite Ti. It's a AAA light, but carries well on keys and has a very simple two light level choice. It's a twistie and a part tighten get you low mode and a full tighten get you high mode  :)

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 03:55:56 PM
Wow, Lynn, that was very gracious of you!  I have to admit I wouldn't have parted with my Preon... I have the HCRI version and both P1 and P2 bodies for it.  It's currently one of my top two most often used lights, along with my ZL H60w.

I loaned mine to my wife in a P1 configuration for a solo backpacking trip she did this summer on the Pacific Crest Trail, but I quickly confiscated it as soon as she got back! 
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

us Offline airballrad

• Gadget Addict
Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 04:09:46 PM
If you don't use a light much, I suggest you try a Photon Freedom Micro (with covert nose).  They are a great little light, with an excellent user interface (single click for HI, press and hold to ramp up from Lo, you can even program in an auto-off after approx 3 minutes).  I'm sure you'll like it.
^^^ This. If you like, Lynn, I can get you hooked on another forum where the founder was involved in designing a custom variant of this light.  :rofl:

ca Offline Landrew

• Not yer typical toothless abductee
Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 04:34:41 PM
Long night walks are also a favorite of mine, and I've taken to using a small LED light with multiple light levels, which make the walk more enjoyable. A clasping pocket clip also gives it the capability to be reversed and attached to a cap as a type of head-lamp.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 05:10:34 PM
Cool thing to do, but I would really miss mine!

I use it nearly every day round the house in the evening or during my insomniac wanderings at O'dark hundred :D
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 02:28:07 PM
If you like, Lynn, I can get you hooked on another forum where the founder was involved in designing a custom variant of this light.

Wouldn't happen to be a yellow body version by "DR" by any chance would it ?  They are hard to find these days but I have a few (and some pink bodied ones and a blue and a red and ..........)  Ooops, that's my inner nerd/anorak showing, but I guess it is OK on a forum like this  ;)
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline airballrad

• Gadget Addict
Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 03:07:19 PM
Wouldn't happen to be a yellow body version by "DR" by any chance would it ?  They are hard to find these days but I have a few (and some pink bodied ones and a blue and a red and ..........)  Ooops, that's my inner nerd/anorak showing, but I guess it is OK on a forum like this  ;)

The very same!  ;) I don't have anywhere near your variety though.

The yellow DR edition should not be too hard to find; I just ordered another one as I realized my original one, while still perfectly functional, is a little less pristine after seven years of daily carry.  :think:

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 12:51:49 AM
If you like, Lynn, I can get you hooked on another forum where the founder was involved in designing a custom variant of this light.  :rofl:

You, sir, are EVIL.  :rofl:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD