Multitool.org

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leather Vic sheath question 1270

No Life Club Posts: 3,994 Improvise.
Leather Vic sheath question
« on: March 16, 2008, 08:47:16 PM »
I'm looking for a leather sheath with a snap closure for my Spirit (and Swisstool, but first my Spirit :D ).  I found this sheath on ebay and was wondering if the Spirit would fit.  Acfcording to the measurements it should, but does anyone here own one?
And is that a real snap, or does Velcro close it up?

I can't find it on Victorinox.com, so I assume it's out of production ???

http://cgi.ebay.com/Victorinox-Black-Leather-Pocket-Knife-Sheath-Sharpener_W0QQitemZ250224259620QQihZ015QQcategoryZ43221QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

[
Head Turd Polisher Administrator Just Bananas Posts: 61,304 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Leather Vic sheath question
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 08:50:55 PM »
I have just sent up the Cat Signal- Tim should be able to help you with it.

Def

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 08:52:01 PM »
I have just sent up the Cat Signal- Tim should be able to help you with it.

Def

:cheers:

[
Banner Member No Life Club Posts: 1,523
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 08:57:37 PM »
It is a Zermatt Pouch and it does have a real snap closure. Unfortunately it only holds the 91mm. SAKs and would not fit the Spirit. Currently, only the full size SwissTool comes with a snap pouch. Everything else is Velcro these days.

T
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 09:02:11 PM »
It is a Zermatt Pouch and it does have a real snap closure. Unfortunately it only holds the 91mm. SAKs and would not fit the Spirit. Currently, only the full size SwissTool comes with a snap pouch. Everything else is Velcro these days.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I might try and remove the velcro and add a snap to the Spirit sheath I have...Time to research snaps! :ahhh

[
Head Turd Polisher Administrator Just Bananas Posts: 61,304 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 09:07:34 PM »
Try putting a snap through the velcro so you get the best of both worlds.  I have seen it done on many military type fixed blades and they never seem to come undone accidentally.

Def

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 09:24:33 PM »
Try putting a snap through the velcro so you get the best of both worlds.  I have seen it done on many military type fixed blades and they never seem to come undone accidentally.

Def

I've got a nice Cordura tool sheath from CountyComm.com that uses both a snap and velcro.  It's probably the most secure sheath I've ever seen!  I'm going to use it while fishing this year to hold my Wave.

[

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
September Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: $180.00
PayPal Fees: $9.62
Net Balance: $170.38
Below Goal: $129.62
Site Currency: USD