Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Sportsman Challenge - April 2024

us Online Jeffjeeptj

Re: The Sportsman Challenge - April 2024
Reply #60 on: March 23, 2024, 07:24:25 PM
IMR/Gary, glad to see you are in. I always like your artwork.
Most coincidences are carefully planned.

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #61 on: March 23, 2024, 08:40:58 PM
   This will give me an excuse to carry my Evo.  It is currently living in its bubble package.  Not doing anybody good there.  We had some fun in the Classic challenge didn't we Jeff? 
    I plan to start out with the pack on this challenge.  We will see how it goes.  Best wishes.  G
 :hatsoff:

us Offline marlowe221

Reply #62 on: March 24, 2024, 05:34:35 AM
I’m proud to see a couple more additions to the roster!

I am excited to start the challenge in about a week.

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #63 on: March 24, 2024, 11:53:40 PM
   I looked up the Wenger Evo 10 online.  Lots of nice photos and list of tools.  Usual Spartan type tools with a corkscrew, can opener, blah, blah, blah.  And photos of the nail file. 
   I dug out my unused Wenger Evo 10 and took it out of its package.  Usual Spartan type tools, etc.  But no nail file.  Where the nail file should be is a clip point small blade.  So, the punch line to this woeful joke is... I don't have a knife that qualifies.  I suppose I could Take a Victorinox Tourist I have and cut little cross hatch marks on the small blade with a diamond file to create a fingernail tool?  Well, maybe not.   
   I knew I had a Wenger with a nail file, and I do, but it doesn't have a corkscrew.  So I am out with a disqualification on account of an equipment violation. 
   Have fun fellas.  I will follow the challenge anyway.  And sit on the bench.  Best wishes.  Gary
 :dunno:

us Offline Bunk Tuppins

Reply #64 on: March 25, 2024, 01:55:50 AM
   I looked up the Wenger Evo 10 online.  Lots of nice photos and list of tools.  Usual Spartan type tools with a corkscrew, can opener, blah, blah, blah.  And photos of the nail file. 
   I dug out my unused Wenger Evo 10 and took it out of its package.  Usual Spartan type tools, etc.  But no nail file.  Where the nail file should be is a clip point small blade.  So, the punch line to this woeful joke is... I don't have a knife that qualifies.  I suppose I could Take a Victorinox Tourist I have and cut little cross hatch marks on the small blade with a diamond file to create a fingernail tool?  Well, maybe not.   
   I knew I had a Wenger with a nail file, and I do, but it doesn't have a corkscrew.  So I am out with a disqualification on account of an equipment violation. 
   Have fun fellas.  I will follow the challenge anyway.  And sit on the bench.  Best wishes.  Gary
 :dunno:
Sounds like you have an Evo S10, which is equivalent to the Delemont S101.  Small clip point blade instead of file and locking main blade. I have one of those too and love it.  The small clip point beats the heck out of the namby pamby Vic small blade.   My first SAK back in the 60's had a small clip point.

Isn't it time for you to just buy a Sportsman?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 02:00:53 AM by Bunk Tuppins »

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #65 on: March 25, 2024, 02:56:18 AM
   Yes, it is an S10.  I even called it that in my earlier posts about it.  In case there is somebody out there who doesn't know, that is an Evo 10 with a locking main blade.  And of course, no nail file.  Buying anything just to do a challenge isn't in the cards.  On the bright side, the challenge can be all Victorinox Sportsman without having one odd ball Wenger along.  Best wishes.  G
 :ahhh

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD