Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Which SAK is getting pocket time today?

k12cop · 43684 · 1548927

us Offline manfred

Re: Which SAK is getting pocket time today?
Reply #19560 on: January 10, 2017, 03:15:56 PM
Dark gray Pioneer
IMG_0079.JPG
* IMG_0079.JPG (Filesize: 172.4 KB)

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #19561 on: January 10, 2017, 03:17:01 PM

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

K-Tibbs

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #19562 on: January 10, 2017, 03:57:05 PM
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19563 on: January 10, 2017, 04:10:53 PM
Some sweet ones today  :cheers: :like: :tu:

+1 Including that "snow Farmer" pic of yours pal!!  :cheers:

Yours too buddy  :tu: :tu:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #19564 on: January 10, 2017, 04:20:12 PM
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline italophil

Reply #19565 on: January 10, 2017, 04:21:47 PM
Visiting my parents at Xmas I found my first Victorinox in a box in the basement. I carried it to every camping trip during my boy scout years.
IMG_0803.JPG
* IMG_0803.JPG (Filesize: 111.39 KB)

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19566 on: January 10, 2017, 07:57:20 PM

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19568 on: January 10, 2017, 10:20:56 PM
More great pics today peeps :cheers: :cheers: :like:

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #19569 on: January 10, 2017, 10:59:31 PM
More great pics today peeps :cheers: :cheers: :like:

+1

ranger today

Ranger 1-10-16.JPG
* Ranger 1-10-16.JPG (Filesize: 103.37 KB)
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline Roc

• No Life Club
Reply #19570 on: January 10, 2017, 11:14:39 PM
Climber today. An ice storm is possible for the weekend. I decided to dig out my lanterns.  Started rooting through my stuff and came across this lantern. Great one from the SOSAK days. Anyone else remember these?
IMG_6016.JPG
* IMG_6016.JPG (Filesize: 179.9 KB)

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #19571 on: January 11, 2017, 12:11:23 AM
Woodsman tonight....hope I won't need the saw with the ice storm on the way!!
1484089834855.jpg
* 1484089834855.jpg (Filesize: 96.95 KB)
Barry

us Offline Roc

• No Life Club
Reply #19572 on: January 11, 2017, 12:47:51 AM
I hope I need nothing. They are calling for up to .75 inches of ice here. Last time we got close to that there wasn't power for four days.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19573 on: January 11, 2017, 02:03:07 AM
Hope you guys don't get the ice storm that is predicted :tu: I really don't like the stuff :ahhh Been almost 2 years now since the last bad one we had and I didn't have power for 8 days :(

us Offline Roc

• No Life Club
Reply #19574 on: January 11, 2017, 02:24:48 AM
Hope you guys don't get the ice storm that is predicted :tu: I really don't like the stuff :ahhh Been almost 2 years now since the last bad one we had and I didn't have power for 8 days :(
:o That would have me considering a move or a generator.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19575 on: January 11, 2017, 02:41:18 AM

Well it was just the perfect storm really and doesn't happen very often ;) We had freezing rain one weekend and it stayed on everything all week and then the next Saturday when the rain was suppose to wash it all away it didn't :ahhh It just added more ice to what was already there and trees and powerpoles started snapping like twigs :o

It was in a 4 county wide area that was declared a state of emergency and they said it looked like an F2 tornado had hit the whole area :-\ I luckily did have a gas fireplace that kept my house above 70 degrees :cheers: A grill with plenty of propane and since it was so cold that week we kept all the refrigerator and freezer stuff outside on the porch in coolers with ice (keeping check on the temps with a thermometer)   :tu: Also hot water from a gas water heater :tu: I brought a generator home from work and we powered a few things in the night like TV and satellite and a couple lights :D So other than an inconvenience and a lot of downed trees we (my wife, little girl and myself) made it pretty good, others had it way worse than me though :ahhh

us Offline Roc

• No Life Club
Reply #19576 on: January 11, 2017, 02:47:41 AM

Well it was just the perfect storm really and doesn't happen very often ;) We had freezing rain one weekend and it stayed on everything all week and then the next Saturday when the rain was suppose to wash it all away it didn't :ahhh It just added more ice to what was already there and trees and powerpoles started snapping like twigs :o

It was in a 4 county wide area that was declared a state of emergency and they said it looked like an F2 tornado had hit the whole area :-\ I luckily did have a gas fireplace that kept my house above 70 degrees :cheers: A grill with plenty of propane and since it was so cold that week we kept all the refrigerator and freezer stuff outside on the porch in coolers with ice (keeping check on the temps with a thermometer)   :tu: Also hot water from a gas water heater :tu: I brought a generator home from work and we powered a few things in the night like TV and satellite and a couple lights :D So other than an inconvenience and a lot of downed trees we (my wife, little girl and myself) made it pretty good, others had it way worse than me though :ahhh
:cheers: Urban camping then.  :D

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #19577 on: January 11, 2017, 03:07:52 AM
Really great pics today guys!!!  :cheers:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #19578 on: January 11, 2017, 03:22:26 AM
Vic OH Soldier as usual. I just traded away my LM Crater so the Soldier will be guaranteed more pocket time  :whistle:
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #19579 on: January 11, 2017, 03:26:07 AM
 :cheers: Thanks Robert!  Poncho, I hope you're right...I had the same luck as ROC last year.
Barry

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19580 on: January 11, 2017, 03:53:36 AM

:cheers: Urban camping then.  :D

Yeah pretty much :D

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #19581 on: January 11, 2017, 05:14:02 AM
Ponch and anyone else running a generator there's some safety measures you need to be aware of. 1. use a true ground and don't just rely on the grounding nut on the generator cradle.  I drove a 6 ft copper bar into the ground and connect a ground wire to the bar with a clamp.  2. make sure the gen is at least 10 ft from doors or windows. 3. change the oil after every 24 to 36 hours of run time. 4. for security it is best if you can turn it off and bring it inside overnight.  After the storms in 2005 I was on generator power for a couple of weeks, and there were a number of generators stolen from people who left them running overnight.  What the thieves did was take the generator and leave a lawnmower (also stolen) running in the generators place so the homeowner's never woke up because the sound remained constant.  Folks never new their generator was gone until they got up in the morning and the refrigerator was warm and a lawnmower was sitting where the generator was supposed to be.  Oh, and today's carry was my black Huntsman with Skeletool.
P1110649.JPG
* P1110649.JPG (Filesize: 131.01 KB)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 05:15:04 AM by Alan K. »

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #19582 on: January 11, 2017, 12:43:54 PM
Thanks Alan and nice pic!!
Barry

us Offline italophil

Reply #19583 on: January 11, 2017, 02:10:25 PM
Victorinox Alox Solo, for a day at the office.
FullSizeRender.jpg
* FullSizeRender.jpg (Filesize: 216.17 KB)

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Reply #19584 on: January 11, 2017, 02:40:23 PM
Victorinox Alox Solo, for a day at the office.
:like:

What's with the HP? It must be like 40 years old. Do you still use it?

us Offline italophil

Reply #19585 on: January 11, 2017, 02:58:50 PM

:like:

What's with the HP? It must be like 40 years old. Do you still use it?

It's a HP12c, they are still sold new by HP. I use it everyday on the job; it's just faster for sanity checks of financial models than excel.

"The 12C, a calculator that is one of the company's best-selling products ever, is as indispensable to an M.B.A. as a pocket knife is to a Boy Scout." http://www.nytimes.com/1999/03/07/business/personal-business-diary-h-p-12c-the-calculator-that-lives-forever.html

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #19586 on: January 11, 2017, 03:40:04 PM

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

K-Tibbs

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
Reply #19587 on: January 11, 2017, 04:16:39 PM
Amici,
Here is my EDC  for the day, the beloved Champion!

Cheers,
Serge
Champion.jpeg
* Champion.jpeg (Filesize: 334.61 KB)
'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #19588 on: January 11, 2017, 05:14:05 PM
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19589 on: January 11, 2017, 05:21:44 PM
Ponch and anyone else running a generator there's some safety measures you need to be aware of. 1. use a true ground and don't just rely on the grounding nut on the generator cradle.  I drove a 6 ft copper bar into the ground and connect a ground wire to the bar with a clamp.  2. make sure the gen is at least 10 ft from doors or windows. 3. change the oil after every 24 to 36 hours of run time. 4. for security it is best if you can turn it off and bring it inside overnight.  After the storms in 2005 I was on generator power for a couple of weeks, and there were a number of generators stolen from people who left them running overnight.  What the thieves did was take the generator and leave a lawnmower (also stolen) running in the generators place so the homeowner's never woke up because the sound remained constant.  Folks never new their generator was gone until they got up in the morning and the refrigerator was warm and a lawnmower was sitting where the generator was supposed to be.  Oh, and today's carry was my black Huntsman with Skeletool.

Duelly noted Alan :salute: I don't trust anyone anyways and that generator was chained with a sizable chain :D I live off the road so no one probably even knew I was running a generator but we only ran it while awake so we could save fuel :tu: I have been back and forth about putting in one of those generators that automatically come on if the power goes off but it just doesn't go off enough to really warrant one :think:

Also nice pic :like: :like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD