Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Yes, you can have it all.....

us Offline neillcurrie

• Wanted: SpydeWrench
Yes, you can have it all.....
on: February 03, 2013, 07:27:14 PM
I updated a 8-blade Minichamp with Flashlight and Pen scales, but I really wanted the toothpick and tweezers with me too. So I made a Toothpick from a cut-down "Plackers" flosser, and sheathed it with a Victorinox Tweezers using shrink-wrap tubing.

While I was about it I made a sheath out of larger diameter tubing to help keep most pocket lint out of the knife, and help protect the scales too. Bonus, the flashlight works by pressing on the correct part of the sheath too. Trim around the LED to allow the beam to escape.

There's a trick when making the knife sheath: shrink half the length of the tubing to fit the knife first, then remove the knife and trim the entrance/exit opening. Then insert the knife again and shrink the rest of the tubing.
If you shrink it all at once you'll not be able to get the knife out, and it's very hard to cut the entrance/exit with the knife inside the sheath.

Further tip: a little light oil rubbed into the inside surface of the sheath permits easier insertion and removal of the knife. The oil quickly gets absorbed into the sheath itself, and doesn't make the knife scales slippery.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 07:32:17 PM by neillcurrie »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD