Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Rambler (or Manager) vs Executive (or Director)

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Re: Rambler (or Manager) vs Executive (or Director)
Reply #30 on: December 31, 2014, 06:41:34 PM
The Force is strong with this one. :vader:

:D

es Offline microbe

• No Life Club
  • Yersinia Pestis & Campylobacter Jejuni!
Reply #31 on: December 31, 2014, 06:55:27 PM
The Force is strong with this one. :vader:

:D

LOL. Nah, you and the rest here that rocketeered those million posts are.  :cheers:
Once you go black you never go back
@blackdiamonds_42

us Offline Luna Knife

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: December 31, 2014, 09:35:26 PM
I like 58mm for keychain carry.  Right now I have a midnite manager on my keys as i gifted my green 58mm signature.

I have a rambler connected to a flashlight and I have two executives with a srew holding the scizzors together, indicating they are pre-1990s.

One is mint that I never use and the other I carry daily for work(on vacation till 1/5/15).  It is small and non threatening and its probably against the rules for me to carry at work but no one complains when they need a small screwdriver.

At home I carry a 91mm and sometimes 111mm depending on tasks at hand.

I hope the Victorinox Design team reads this thread and make a model of 74mm vic  Executive with a phillips combo tool and a pen.  They would sell like hot cakes.

They could call it the manager deluxe

nz Offline KiwiMark

Reply #33 on: January 03, 2015, 08:41:00 AM
I have 2 keyrings and on the one that is in my pocket while I'm working is my Manager.  Sometimes I need a pen and I have an Inka pen on that keyring, the Manager gives me a backup.
On another keyring I have my Rambler, I don't tend to need a pen with that keyring but the toothpick has been useful more than once.

For keyring SAKs I think that the Manager and Rambler are great choices!

On my desk in front of me is my Executive, I mainly use it to file my nails.
"Mr. Carl Elsener and his Victorinox brand of knives is the undisputed king of knives in the world today."

- Sal Glesser (Bladeforums - 8 Jan 2011)

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #34 on: January 03, 2015, 09:04:22 AM
^^^ Awesome username ;-)  :cheers:

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #35 on: January 08, 2015, 08:18:13 PM
For having only about 16 people in your country we sure have a high percentage of NZ folks around here.

On topicwise I am so a fan of the Rambler/Manager over the 74. If I am going small then I want small, if we are talking 74mm I might as well grab my Compact imo. Don't even get me started on how sexy the combo tool is.

My daughter has battery issues with one of her toys she will make a bee line to daddy and heaven forbid I do not have a #1 phillips available right that second!

The only real question for me is of the three scale tools which two? Pen, Toothpick or Tweezers. Pretty sure I want pen and toothpick but when you need tweezers you really need them.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #36 on: January 08, 2015, 08:45:48 PM
For having only about 16 people in your country we sure have a high percentage of NZ folks around here.

On topicwise I am so a fan of the Rambler/Manager over the 74. If I am going small then I want small, if we are talking 74mm I might as well grab my Compact imo. Don't even get me started on how sexy the combo tool is.

My daughter has battery issues with one of her toys she will make a bee line to daddy and heaven forbid I do not have a #1 phillips available right that second!

The only real question for me is of the three scale tools which two? Pen, Toothpick or Tweezers. Pretty sure I want pen and toothpick but when you need tweezers you really need them.

Uncle Bills Silver Grippers  :pok:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

00 Offline Caranthanus

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: January 09, 2015, 01:04:48 AM
All four :o ... pen & light on keychain midnite manager/minichamp, T&T on 85/91 SAK, simple as that :D Red light, of course, so you can write down a note in the dark and you do not reveal your position :angel: ;)

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: January 09, 2015, 01:25:25 AM
Blue Rambler for me. The Phillips is perfect for my sunglass screws and removing the screws when replacing watch batteries

england Offline macabee

Reply #39 on: January 09, 2015, 07:46:12 PM
I have Executives in red, white and black, INMO it makes for a good keyring knife, never threatening, especially here in the UK but a reasonable size, I also have a couple of managers, but find them a bit on the small side.

I do have a very nice Director, but that lives in a box, pity it does not have a keyring attached, I would hate to lose that one.
"One SAK is all right. Two are too many, and three are not enough"

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD