Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

Appreciation for the Explorer 32904

No Life Club Posts: 3,664
Re: Appreciation for the Explorer
« Reply #420 on: March 20, 2017, 08:53:17 PM »
Great looking scales Sir Mike!!

Barry
Newbie Posts: 28
« Reply #421 on: March 20, 2017, 09:02:08 PM »
Welcome to the club and great picture!  There's just something about an Explorer... :D
Thanks!

It's not failure if you learn something from it

« Reply #422 on: March 20, 2017, 09:03:54 PM »
Guess I might post here as well. Got an Explorer a couple of weeks ago and having trouble getting the other models some pocket time. The Explorer might be the one! Never thought I would end up in 4 layer country but the huntsman showed the way and here I am!

About the pin, I don't have the plus scales but there is still a spot for I pin. Outfitted it with a pin day one and now I mini screwdriver is on its way

(Image removed from quote.)

Explorer is my fav so congrats on getting one and liking it.  It is even handier to have the pin and mini driver with it as it makes a very nice tool set.

I carry one most of the time unless I am experimenting with others to see if I can go more minimal or just to see if I can go bigger with like a Swisschamp or Champ Plus!  I have four of them now and carried this one in honor of St. Patricks Day on Friday as well as Four Layer Friday!  It was great that it fit in to both occasions!  :)

I have had the emerald one in my pocket today running errands too!   :tu:
Thanks! That one does look great! When carrying my farmer I miss the red so probably won't get a green one but might try the Ruby red

No Life Club Posts: 3,053 It is what it isn't.
« Reply #423 on: March 20, 2017, 10:21:39 PM »
Guess I might post here as well. Got an Explorer a couple of weeks ago and having trouble getting the other models some pocket time. The Explorer might be the one! Never thought I would end up in 4 layer country but the huntsman showed the way and here I am!

About the pin, I don't have the plus scales but there is still a spot for I pin. Outfitted it with a pin day one and now I mini screwdriver is on its way

Explorer is my fav so congrats on getting one and liking it.  It is even handier to have the pin and mini driver with it as it makes a very nice tool set.

I carry one most of the time unless I am experimenting with others to see if I can go more minimal or just to see if I can go bigger with like a Swisschamp or Champ Plus!  I have four of them now and carried this one in honor of St. Patricks Day on Friday as well as Four Layer Friday!  It was great that it fit in to both occasions!  :)

I have had the emerald one in my pocket today running errands too!   :tu:
Thanks! That one does look great! When carrying my farmer I miss the red so probably won't get a green one but might try the Ruby red

Ruby red is a good choice too!  Here is an older pic that kinda sucks but shows the four Explorer's and a Swisschamp after I put the green scales on them.  As you can see, I have the Ruby and Sapphire also!  :)
« Reply #424 on: March 20, 2017, 10:22:43 PM »
Great looking scales Sir Mike!!

Thank you sir!    :salute:
Sr. Member Posts: 423
« Reply #425 on: March 20, 2017, 11:29:41 PM »
My first daily SAK carry was the Tinker and it was perfect for opening the numerous packages that I had been receiving.  I was really happy to discover that I could add scissors with the Super Tinker.  I was ecstatic when I discovered the Explorer with its inline Philips and magnifier--such a perfect combination of tools that still fits comfortably in the pocket!

There is something about the old magnifier that resonates with me.  Here is a photo of one of my Explorers that I posted in another section:

« Reply #426 on: March 21, 2017, 12:13:05 AM »
I'm going to go get my Explorer now and carry it!

Barry
« Reply #427 on: March 21, 2017, 12:40:16 AM »
I'm going to go get my Explorer now and carry it!

:like:   :tu:
« Reply #428 on: March 21, 2017, 03:23:25 AM »
« Reply #429 on: March 21, 2017, 07:29:32 AM »

Ruby red is a good choice too!  Here is an older pic that kinda sucks but shows the four Explorer's and a Swisschamp after I put the green scales on them.  As you can see, I have the Ruby and Sapphire also!  :)

Not feeling the tingling "I want" feeling at all nice collection!

« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 07:37:35 AM by kottskrapa »
Full Member Posts: 187
« Reply #430 on: March 21, 2017, 10:40:24 AM »
Just realized i haven't posted any pics of my Explorer on this topic yet. Had to change that.... :D

Here it is, with my gal' Greenie, after assisting in a string change :cheers:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 10:42:18 AM by MacGyver »

"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")
No Life Club Posts: 2,643
« Reply #431 on: March 21, 2017, 05:12:44 PM »
« Reply #432 on: March 21, 2017, 05:44:53 PM »

:like: :like: :like:

I need to add a solid blue scale Explorer! 

Thanks for sharing!

:tu:
Jr. Member Posts: 76
« Reply #433 on: March 21, 2017, 07:59:02 PM »
Another Explorer fan here.  I used to think the Yeoman was a better choice but after going back and forth between them for EDC I've found I like the Explorer better for a couple of reasons.  When I first got a Yeoman to carry, it was because I wanted the functionality of the Explorer in a 3-layer SAK.  However, I discovered that the extra width that the phillips/magnifier layer adds over the opener layer on my Climber made me feel like I was carrying more than 3-layers anyway.  For this reason, if I want the extra tools, I now just reach for my Explorer and leave the Yeoman in the collection.

Another reason I carry the Explorer is this.  I used to have a Minichamp on my keychain; however, I came to feel as if I were only using half the tools on it.  I bought a Manager and put it on my keychain for EDC and never looked back.  The Manager is all of the useful tools from the Minichamp and none of the useless ones.  I feel that the Explorer is to the Swisschamp what the Manager is to the Minichamp.  The Explorer provides all of the tools for my urban EDC needs with none of the extra tools I don't need.  Obviously, tools like the saw, metal saw/file, fish scaler, and pliers have their place, but they are not tools I need regularly, and I'm always able make sure I carry a SAK that has them when I know I will need them.

Yes that's true, but I've been out to sea a long time.
« Reply #434 on: March 21, 2017, 09:26:04 PM »
Mine getting some sun with its cousin, the Woodsman. 

Barry
No Life Club Posts: 2,643
« Reply #435 on: March 21, 2017, 10:10:42 PM »
I need to add a solid blue scale Explorer! 

Yes you do.  I had to slap some blue plus scales on one to get what I wanted.
« Reply #436 on: March 22, 2017, 08:24:39 AM »
Same same today as yesterday

Hero Member Posts: 591 Carpe titanium
« Reply #437 on: March 22, 2017, 08:33:18 AM »
Mine getting some sun with its cousin, the Woodsman.

Nice bright sunshine there Barry ... do I detect some red jelly scales glowing there on your Woodsman ? Very nice. :like:

Apex predator of fruit cake
« Reply #438 on: March 22, 2017, 01:13:06 PM »
 :cheers:  They are indeed Bill! 

Barry

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $95.00
PayPal Fees: $5.38
Net Balance: $89.62
Below Goal: $185.38
Site Currency: USD
33% 
March Donations

Community Links