Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Original Brown Leather Wave Sheath Wanted

ollieb · 10 · 2662

Offline ollieb

Original Brown Leather Wave Sheath Wanted
on: February 12, 2013, 01:07:27 PM
Having now secured my replacement Wave original model, (Thanks Dunc) I now need to ask if anyone has, or can point me in the direction of an original leather sheath?

I have searched the web, emailed Leatherman and thought perhaps one of you out there could help....

Thanks again :

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Re: Original Brown Leather Wave Sheath Wanted
Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 04:39:13 PM
Having now secured my replacement Wave original model, (Thanks Dunc) I now need to ask if anyone has, or can point me in the direction of an original leather sheath?

I have searched the web, emailed Leatherman and thought perhaps one of you out there could help....

Thanks again :

Hey Olliie

If you're meaning the distressed brown one, I too have been searching ages for one. If you get lucky and find a stash, give us a knock would you!!  :cheers:

Cheers
Tosh  :salute:
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

us Offline Bruce909

Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 05:00:42 PM
Will this one work?

Bruce

us Offline cannonball

us Offline trouthunter

• The missing village idiot.
Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 04:22:42 AM
Ebay works great.  Although I must admit, Leatherman's price is a little better.

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 04:52:08 AM
I maybe wrong but I think he talking about the original leather sheath for the Wave. It's a much better quality sheath than the one offered by Leatherman now. Here is a pic. (Not mine BTW)

"

us Offline AdmSlc

• adm.slc@icloud.com
Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 05:00:57 AM
That old sheath looks pretty sweet.

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 10:53:17 AM
I maybe wrong but I think he talking about the original leather sheath for the Wave. It's a much better quality sheath than the one offered by Leatherman now. Here is a pic. (Not mine BTW)

(Image removed from quote.)

That's right prime !!

I'm almost certain they did a version similar to this for other MT's too...PST?? It appeared to be the same build quality but had been given an artificial "distressed" look - needless to say it simply looked gorgeous.  :drool:  I saw one on ebay sometime last year.

I bought a Wave back in 96' - it's still BNiB - that came with the sheath you've pictured, I also recently purchased 2 of the so-called "premium" sheaths off ebay that Bruce above has pictured - they are as different as chalk'n'cheese.
  :facepalm:

Why??... Why would you reduce the quality on "premium" lines, if the customer  is prepared to pay for "premium" quality?? All it does in my view is damage leathermans reputation  and thus makes us question other cost cutting  practices.

If we see and buy "Premium" quality, that's pretty much what we damn well expect!!

Premium Quality !!

drill 017 (Large).jpg
* drill 017 (Large).jpg (Filesize: 121.55 KB)
drill 018 (Large).jpg
* drill 018 (Large).jpg (Filesize: 117.75 KB)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 11:48:36 AM by tosh »
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

Offline ollieb

Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 01:27:26 PM
Pah!! I thought it was the light brown one I was seeking but now, having now seen the "original" dark brown one  :drool:

Leatherman US have shipped me the light brown one today so I will be happy with that one, until I can find the other one at least.

us Offline Stormdrane

• No Life Club
  • Be Prepared
Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 05:24:06 PM
The original sheath is definitely good quality and worth looking for if you can find one.  Even though I traded away my original Wave years ago, after receiving a warranty replacement, I kept my original sheath, and have occasionally used it with other knives/multitools/flashlights that fit in it.  It continues to look decent even with wear.  It's a nice fit for my recently aquired Skeletool.  I do have a newer model Wave, but it's a shame that it's too large to fit the old sheath, and I don't like the velcro sheath it came with, although I've wondered about the optional MOLLE sheaths they offer, I tend to prefer snaps or side-release buckles to secure the flaps....

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%