Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swisschamp owners club

Zed · 1821 · 187555

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Swisschamp owners club
Reply #1080 on: October 01, 2017, 05:49:00 PM

I recently bought a NIB NOS 80's Astronaut and couldn't help myself thinking of you then :D
WOW!  What a find!  :cheers:

:cheers:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #1081 on: October 01, 2017, 05:50:59 PM
four beauties under the light

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline FolderBeholder

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #1082 on: October 01, 2017, 07:58:44 PM

I recently bought a NIB NOS 80's Astronaut and couldn't help myself thinking of you then :D
WOW!  What a find!  :cheers:

(Image removed from quote.)
I am over here  :drool:  :tu:
Rest in peace ColoSwiss, you will always be remembered.

Reply #1083 on: October 01, 2017, 08:00:49 PM

In keeping with the Swiss Champ theme, here is a SuperTimer (still my priciest SAK acquisition)...

SuperTimer by NorCal Jim, on Flickr

Just awesome!!!  :tu:

Thank you, FB! I am really happy to have this special SAK. I remember seeing one of your Swiss Champ line-ups that featured an XAVT and perhaps an XLT.  If you have it handy, Perhaps you could share it either in this thread or the Swiss Champ Sunday one. BTW, happy Swiss Champ Sunday! If I remember correctly, you have a yellow scale SC for such an occasion.

Jim

Here's one shot I have.  Yes, I do have a Swiss Champ with yellow stay-glow scales too, just not in the photo:

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #1084 on: October 01, 2017, 08:41:33 PM

In keeping with the Swiss Champ theme, here is a SuperTimer (still my priciest SAK acquisition)...

Thank you, FB! I am really happy to have this special SAK. I remember seeing one of your Swiss Champ line-ups that featured an XAVT and perhaps an XLT.  If you have it handy, Perhaps you could share it either in this thread or the Swiss Champ Sunday one. BTW, happy Swiss Champ Sunday! If I remember correctly, you have a yellow scale SC for such an occasion.

Jim

Here's one shot I have.  Yes, I do have a Swiss Champ with yellow stay-glow scales too, just not in the photo:

:like: :like: :like:

So from left to right, an XAVT, XLT & 2 SCs?

The larger Swiss Champs are amazing!

Thanks for sharing!

Jim

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #1085 on: October 01, 2017, 08:57:50 PM
 :like: Great pic Lisa!  My youngest is a XAVT fan and I love to show him comparison pics of his favorite knife.
Barry

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Reply #1086 on: October 02, 2017, 12:12:07 AM
Wish they made a SC without the bloomin' fish scaler, I don't like having tools on my SAKs that I will never use... Or have I just said something heretical?
"We broke into Mir using a Swiss Army knife. Never leave the planet without one." - Chris Hadfield, Astronaut

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #1087 on: October 02, 2017, 12:25:55 AM
Wish they made a SC without the bloomin' fish scaler, I don't like having tools on my SAKs that I will never use... Or have I just said something heretical?
Blasphemy!!!

:twak:
SAW

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #1088 on: October 02, 2017, 12:33:31 AM

I would love to be able to order customization based on my favorite SAKs. Since I am a huge fan of the inline awl featured in the Pioneer series, that would be my first choice to replace the fish scaler. Since it is doubtful that Victorinox will institute a "Build your own" program anytime soon if ever, I just have to rely on the essential ingredient to SAK ownership--creativity! Barring the collapse of civilization, I doubt that I will ever use the fish scaler to scale fish. It does have other uses such as a ruler or for slicing baguettes and cake or (fill in the blank with your creative use).

Sometimes, I think Victorinox includes a strange tool just to stimulate creativity. :)

Jim
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 12:34:59 AM by NorCalJim »

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #1089 on: October 02, 2017, 02:58:46 AM
My new Swiss Champ is taking the maiden voyage today!
This will be the first time out of the box and in the pocket since I got it a couple days ago.
Yesterday, I was working in a dirty fireplace around abrasive brick surfaces and just couldn't stomach the thought of trashing my new SC on Day 1, so I used my Craftsman.

The addition of the SC to my arsenal slides everything down a slot. I was EDC'ing my Craftsman on my days off and packing a Deluxe Tinker in my work bag. Now the DT is in the closet. The Craftsman will be my work bag SAK and the SC will be my EDC "at home" SAK.
At work, I wear scrubs and since I work in a penitentiary, I can't take any cutting or fire starting tools inside; so, the work bag actually stays in the car. By far, the EDC SAK sees much more action than the work bag SAK. In fact, the work SAK is simply a food prep knife and probably could be replaced by almost any other knife.

The more you KNOW, the less you carry. The less you know, the more you carry. ~Mors Kochanski

How do you carry your SC at home?

Reply #1090 on: October 02, 2017, 04:23:47 AM

Jim

:like: :like: :like:

So from left to right, an XAVT, XLT & 2 SCs?

The larger Swiss Champs are amazing!

Thanks for sharing!

Jim
Hmmmm, I can't recall exactly, but I do think it's XAVT, XLT, Swiss Champ, then I think the last is the big Cybertool.

Reply #1091 on: October 02, 2017, 04:24:40 AM
:like: Great pic Lisa!  My youngest is a XAVT fan and I love to show him comparison pics of his favorite knife.
Thanks Barry!  He's got good taste.  :cheers:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1092 on: October 02, 2017, 04:16:21 PM
Buddha's champ

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1093 on: October 02, 2017, 11:31:55 PM

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1094 on: October 02, 2017, 11:36:28 PM

Jim

Nice Super Timer! 
Nice Swiss Champ lineup too! :like: :drool:

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #1095 on: October 03, 2017, 01:03:26 AM
Many thanks to Lisa for sharing her "Swiss Champ Line-up"!  :drool:

I decided to check out the various photos within this SC Ownership thread from the beginning and was impressed by some stunning examples of Swiss Champ beauty (hardwood, bone, mother of pearl scales plus the black and red version of the SuperTimer and various SC configurations). Definitely worth a look!

:climber:

Jim

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #1096 on: October 18, 2017, 04:47:02 AM
SC on a trip...

Sent on my SM-G930F with Tapatalk

Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #1097 on: October 18, 2017, 04:55:14 AM
SC on a trip...

:like:

Very nice!

:tu:

Jim

us Offline KandiKlover

• Classic SD - SwissChamp
Reply #1098 on: October 18, 2017, 06:31:27 AM

My favorite knife too  :D  :gimme: :gimme: :gimme: :gimme: :gimme: :gimme: :gimme:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1099 on: October 18, 2017, 01:27:46 PM
bets are high today on the SAK game

My toys:

us Offline KandiKlover

• Classic SD - SwissChamp
Reply #1100 on: October 19, 2017, 12:13:01 AM

It always looks wider in photo than when in person on my hand.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #1101 on: October 19, 2017, 01:00:03 PM
I agree Kandi.  Pics make them look huge but they really aren't bae considering the tool box you get with them!
Barry

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1102 on: October 19, 2017, 02:13:19 PM

much truth in that!!  :ahhh

My toys:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #1103 on: October 19, 2017, 03:21:08 PM
The Swisschamps mighty file is essential for the crew to hone their weapons on during Wednesdays regular weapon shrapening and cthoffee morning (no one tell Medical Bill you can't sharpen a lightsaber).
20171019_095358.jpg
* 20171019_095358.jpg (Filesize: 299.51 KB)
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1104 on: October 22, 2017, 05:34:04 PM

and again, in this pic it somehow feels like it'd be a true brick. But then, if you're used to it, it kinda "downsizes..."    :think:

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1105 on: October 23, 2017, 03:38:48 PM
big, big SAK!

My toys:

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #1106 on: October 26, 2017, 03:30:36 AM

Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1107 on: October 26, 2017, 01:41:49 PM
another clubber here!

My toys:

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #1108 on: November 17, 2017, 04:11:44 PM
Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1109 on: November 19, 2017, 01:31:40 PM
Best coffee, best SAK

My toys:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%