Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swisschamp owners club

Zed · 1821 · 187730

us Offline KandiKlover

• Classic SD - SwissChamp
Re: Swisschamp owners club
Reply #900 on: August 30, 2017, 03:44:53 AM
I've got a Cybertool 41. Can I join?

Hmm - Very good question  :o
Similar size and identical toolset for six layers

I know some folk here think this is a better SAK than the SwissChamp - and should possibly even be the official flagship for Victorinox
Or possibly a new hybrid.

For me though - You can't join  :cry:  - Sorry  - As it is not a Champ.
Need to join the Cybertool club.

What do other folk think ???

PS. BTW - If the application was solely based on the photo - You could definitely join!!   :tu:   :)

Yeah CyberTool Club only. SwissChamp ftw, i prefer the seperate victorinox bit driver for that since the more speSmurfpillst bits are the only gain and not used as much and take up a bit of space on the tool of that size. Good fit for the XAVT though.

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #901 on: August 30, 2017, 03:52:01 AM
I would. The swisschamp's a great blade to carry! :cheers:

For now, I'll be bringing it with me by pouch carry  :cheers:

That's what I've done with mine since day 1. It's the easiest way to carry that beast! :cheers:
Send In the spartans

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #902 on: August 30, 2017, 04:25:59 PM

That's what I've done with mine since day 1. It's the easiest way to carry that beast! :cheers:

Today was Day 1 of my SC carry. Since I only carry a small pouch, I decided to leave my Charge TTi in the house and replace it with the SC. I'm a bit apprehensive though since we here in the Philippine capital are just waiting for the Big One (7.2 earthquake), and for now I feel more comfortable if I have the Charge rather than the SC with me in a major disaster.

But come to think of it, the SC has more tools and requires less maintenance when it comes to rust. Plus its a lighter and more compact carry than the Charge. Hmmmm.

:like:

fi Offline AlephZero

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf smash!
Reply #903 on: August 30, 2017, 07:40:36 PM
Rejoining the Club (yadda yadda yadda, :twak: Smurfbucket)

:cheers:
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #904 on: August 30, 2017, 09:52:59 PM
 :like: Great pic... Those black scales look great!!
Barry

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #905 on: August 30, 2017, 10:21:39 PM

Today was Day 1 of my SC carry. Since I only carry a small pouch, I decided to leave my Charge TTi in the house and replace it with the SC. I'm a bit apprehensive though since we here in the Philippine capital are just waiting for the Big One (7.2 earthquake), and for now I feel more comfortable if I have the Charge rather than the SC with me in a major disaster.

But come to think of it, the SC has more tools and requires less maintenance when it comes to rust. Plus its a lighter and more compact carry than the Charge. Hmmmm.

If I had to choose only one, I would pick the Swiss Champ, but, in your situation, (during the days you are expecting the earthquake) you might consider carrying the Swiss Champ in your pouch, and using the pocket clip on the Charge TTI, clipping the Charge TTi inside your pants pocket, and you would have both on you in the event the earthquake hits.

Just a possible option to consider.

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #906 on: August 30, 2017, 11:44:45 PM

If I had to choose only one, I would pick the Swiss Champ, but, in your situation, (during the days you are expecting the earthquake) you might consider carrying the Swiss Champ in your pouch, and using the pocket clip on the Charge TTI, clipping the Charge TTi inside your pants pocket, and you would have both on you in the event the earthquake hits.

You don't really get to expect earthquakes. They don't have much warning when they happen.

And a Swisschamp plus a Charge TTI? At that point he should also carry a tire iron and a full sized sledge hammer, cause it wouldn't be much more weight after carrying those two tools together!

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #907 on: August 31, 2017, 06:37:44 AM

You don't really get to expect earthquakes. They don't have much warning when they happen.

And a Swisschamp plus a Charge TTI? At that point he should also carry a tire iron and a full sized sledge hammer, cause it wouldn't be much more weight after carrying those two tools together!

The country has been preparing for our Big One for the past year as scientists here say its already overdue. I guess its like the one in California.

Anyway, for today I decided to carry my SC on my belt and the Charge is now in my man-bag. I used to carry my Charge inside my waistband for a month, until it got replaced by a folder.

Let's see how long this dual carry of think MTs will last  :whistle:

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #908 on: August 31, 2017, 07:07:20 PM

The combined weight of a Swiss Champ and a Charge TTI is 15.4 oz, That is less then 1 lb.

Are you telling me you can't carry a mere pound of weight?

I am only 5' 8" and 140 lbs and I have no trouble at all carrying a pound of extra weight all day.

Just sayin' it would be no problem for me.

us Offline Tired_Yeti

Reply #909 on: September 05, 2017, 05:00:09 AM
Carry question for you SC champs. LOL!
I don't wear belts. I find them uncomfortable more often than not. I have my iPhone in an Otterbox Defender. It comes with a pocket clip "holster". You've probably seen them.

Is there something like this for the SC?
I want a Champ, but I'm wondering how comfortable pocket carry will be. I pocket EDC a Craftsman which is pretty large. Perhaps I could pocket a Champ too, but it seems just a bit thicker than the Craftsman. So I'd b  willing to use a case but not on a belt.

Options? Ideas?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #910 on: September 05, 2017, 05:42:28 AM

The combined weight of a Swiss Champ and a Charge TTI is 15.4 oz, That is less then 1 lb.

I am only 5' 8" and 140 lbs and I have no trouble at all carrying a pound of extra weight all day.

People just like to whine is all. "Oh nuuu 3 SAK layers instead of 2? That's just WAYYYYYYYY TOO MUCH. I'll never be able to carry that without breaking my back." Psh it's just a weird form of virtue signalling from people who spend too much of their time on the internet all day and not enough out there actually doing stuff. No hate but it is super pathetic.

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #911 on: September 05, 2017, 05:45:52 AM
My YouTube adsense is doing pretty well this year. Might just wait a couple weeks and add that in to get a SwissChamp XLT for my bday instead. Dat spatula  :climber:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #912 on: September 05, 2017, 05:51:04 AM
My YouTube adsense is doing pretty well this year. Might just wait a couple weeks and add that in to get a SwissChamp XLT for my bday instead. Dat spatula  :climber:
What's your YouTube channel?

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #913 on: September 05, 2017, 09:02:21 AM
What's your YouTube channel?

It's the same as my username here.  :cheers:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #914 on: September 05, 2017, 09:05:14 AM
What's your YouTube channel? (Image removed from quote.)

not one video related to MT or SAK tho  :pok:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #915 on: September 05, 2017, 09:07:22 AM
I don't wear belts. I find them uncomfortable more often than not. I have my iPhone in an Otterbox Defender. It comes with a pocket clip "holster". You've probably seen them.
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

I want a Champ, but I'm wondering how comfortable pocket carry will be. I pocket EDC a Craftsman which is pretty large. Perhaps I could pocket a Champ too, but it seems just a bit thicker than the Craftsman. So I'd b  willing to use a case but not on a belt.

Options? Ideas?

Thanks.

Ive never seen anything like that for the SAK, but options here in my country are not as wide as in the US  :think:

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #916 on: September 05, 2017, 09:30:34 AM

I only just got a Classic SD and can't get swisschamp yet. Not much to video about a multitool for me tho, it's more the unseen hero behind the scenes making sure everything work.

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #917 on: September 05, 2017, 09:34:03 AM

I only just got a Classic SD and can't get swisschamp yet. Not much to video about a multitool for me tho, it's more the unseen hero behind the scenes making sure everything work.

Someday in the future, mehopes  :tu:

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #918 on: September 05, 2017, 11:17:15 AM

Someday in the future, mehopes  :tu:

Hehe maybe, I do like to tinker around with things. SwissChamp will be very helpful in setting up antennas.  8) :D

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #919 on: September 06, 2017, 09:28:51 PM

Options? Ideas?

Thanks.

There is a sheath from Victorinox for the SC which has a rotatable clip allowing the wearer to clip the sheath to trousers without a belt, with detents that permit wearing it horizontally, vertically or diagonally. Maybe that is an option?

Sent on my SM-G930F with Tapatalk

Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #920 on: September 08, 2017, 01:43:54 AM

People just like to whine is all. "Oh nuuu 3 SAK layers instead of 2? That's just WAYYYYYYYY TOO MUCH. I'll never be able to carry that without breaking my back." Psh it's just a weird form of virtue signalling from people who spend too much of their time on the internet all day and not enough out there actually doing stuff. No hate but it is super pathetic.

:like: :tu:

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #921 on: September 08, 2017, 01:51:11 AM

Options? Ideas?

Thanks.

If you wear jeans, you can cut material from the leg or back pocket of an old pair of jeans and make a pocket to sew on the right side between the right front pocket and the right rear pocket.

Since it is on the side, it does not get in the way when you sit.

Here is a picture:

jean pocket for knife.jpg
* jean pocket for knife.jpg (Filesize: 267.77 KB)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 01:52:25 AM by VICMAN »

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #922 on: September 08, 2017, 06:02:48 AM
 :whistle: Well I'm getting my SwissChamp in the mail this Tuesday September 12. :mail: I got the free 2 day prime shipping but from a 3rd party amazon fufilled seller so I wouldn't have to pay sales tax. They just screw you by shipping it a wee bit slower nowwhen you don't buy from them these past couple years lol will probably be poorly packaged too SMH. $61 tho

No XLT this time, was going to but got the $100 i get every bday was on a prepaid visa this time. Oh well regular champ is just as great. :mail:

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #923 on: September 08, 2017, 03:18:23 PM
:whistle: Well I'm getting my SwissChamp in the mail this Tuesday September 12. :mail: I got the free 2 day prime shipping but from a 3rd party amazon fufilled seller so I wouldn't have to pay sales tax. They just screw you by shipping it a wee bit slower nowwhen you don't buy from them these past couple years lol will probably be poorly packaged too SMH. $61 tho

No XLT this time, was going to but got the $100 i get every bday was on a prepaid visa this time. Oh well regular champ is just as great. :mail:

Congratulations on getting a Swiss Champ. I think you will find it very useful.

You got it at a good price too! :like: :tu: :tu:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #924 on: September 08, 2017, 03:20:48 PM
+1 - The Swisschamp is ace! Happy birthday again  :cheers:
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline Tired_Yeti

Reply #925 on: September 08, 2017, 10:21:06 PM

Happy 100th birthday!

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #926 on: September 08, 2017, 11:47:06 PM
If you wear jeans, you can cut material from the leg or back pocket of an old pair of jeans and make a pocket to sew on the right side between the right front pocket and the right rear pocket.
Here is a picture:

Nice one  - Think I'd make it a bit shorter tho'
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 11:48:35 PM by Huntsman »

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #927 on: September 09, 2017, 04:07:48 AM
+1 - The Swisschamp is ace! Happy birthday again  :cheers:

Thanks. Can't wait to finally get it :climber:

us Offline Tired_Yeti

Reply #928 on: September 09, 2017, 06:15:27 AM

Options? Ideas?

Thanks.

Hey, that's not a bad idea.

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #929 on: September 09, 2017, 06:46:20 AM
Here is a picture:

Nice one  - Think I'd make it a bit shorter tho'

How do you get Swiss Army Knight under your username?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%