Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swisschamp owners club

Zed · 1821 · 187827

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Re: Swisschamp owners club
Reply #930 on: September 09, 2017, 08:54:48 AM

us Offline KandiKlover

• Classic SD - SwissChamp
Reply #931 on: September 09, 2017, 09:45:51 AM
How do you get Swiss Army Knight under your username?

By being one.

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,55952.0.html

Oh nice. I'll wait until SwissChamp arrives and post that as the new EDC instead of my classic.

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #932 on: September 09, 2017, 06:10:06 PM
If you wear jeans, you can cut material from the leg or back pocket of an old pair of jeans and make a pocket to sew on the right side between the right front pocket and the right rear pocket.
Since it is on the side, it does not get in the way when you sit.
Here is a picture:

:like:

Nice one  - Think I'd make it a bit shorter tho'

The reason the pocket is as long as it is, is that it will also fit a knife the size of a Buck 110 folder.

I always carry one Swiss Champ in my left front pocket in a denim pouch, and I usually have a second Swiss Champ in the sewn-on pocket.

I have used 2 Swiss Champs at the same time to loosen a nut from a bolt or to loosen two opposing phillips screws, etc.

Once in a while I will carry a large lockback folder in the sewn-on pouch. That pouch will hold a large variety of knife sizes.

If a person is only going to carry SAKS in the pocket, it would be better to have it shorter.

us Offline MusicMen

• No Life Club
  • 21 Badges for Eagle
Reply #933 on: September 10, 2017, 12:53:33 AM
If you wear jeans, you can cut material from the leg or back pocket of an old pair of jeans and make a pocket to sew on the right side between the right front pocket and the right rear pocket.
Since it is on the side, it does not get in the way when you sit.
Here is a picture:

Nice one  - Think I'd make it a bit shorter tho'

How do you get Swiss Army Knight under your username?
Please look here.
BUCK: X-Tract, 360
GERBER: Clutch, Shortcut, Dime*, DimE*, Octane & Crucial FAST
MP600 NN, CentreDrive, Grappler
Diesel*, Nickle*, Bullrush, MP600 BN, Flik & MP600DET* all in BO
LEATHERMAN: Skeletool, Style PS, CS, ES* & Style*, Juice S2(X2), SC2, C2, Pro, XE6
Crunch, MTO Style CS, Sideclip, BO Kick*
SOG: PowerAccess, Blacktip*, HD PPP
VICTORINOX: SwissTool Std, X(CS), & RS all with red logo, Spirit XBS
*=mod

Offline George S

Reply #934 on: September 10, 2017, 01:05:15 PM
fantastic sak that needs a club of its own

Absolutely!

Does one still get to be in the SwissChampClub if one bought one's Swisschamp purely for modding?  :whistle:

Hmmm, when does a Swisschamp stop being a Swisschamp...?  ???

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #935 on: September 10, 2017, 04:46:55 PM
fantastic sak that needs a club of its own

Absolutely!

(Image removed from quote.)

Does one still get to be in the SwissChampClub if one bought one's Swisschamp purely for modding?  :whistle:

Hmmm, when does a Swisschamp stop being a Swisschamp...?  ???

I'd say at less than 7 layers.
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #936 on: September 12, 2017, 03:46:59 PM
SwissChamp comes in today  :ahhh super excited. Woke up early. Just 5 more hours til usual UPS drop off time :3 :pok:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #937 on: September 12, 2017, 03:49:45 PM
 :popcorn:

Is it time yet?
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline Tired_Yeti

Swisschamp owners club
Reply #938 on: September 12, 2017, 07:57:20 PM
SwissChamp comes in today  :ahhh super excited. Woke up early. Just 5 more hours til usual UPS drop off time :3 :pok:
If I hadn't blown my wad buying ResQMe car escape tools for the family, I'd be buying a SwissChamp right now. Call me Mr. Jealous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 08:09:20 PM by Tired_Yeti »

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #939 on: September 12, 2017, 11:08:00 PM

:woohoo:

Im also excited for you! Congrats in advance! Looking forward to your membership as SA Knight (Lady?)!  :SAKnight:

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #940 on: September 13, 2017, 01:11:42 AM

Im also excited for you! Congrats in advance! Looking forward to your membership as SA Knight (Lady?)!  :SAKnight:

Thanks :3 I'll go dat that now. Spent a lil while cleaning all the extra oil off the back tools but now it's clean and opens really smooth. Loving it!  :climber:

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #941 on: September 13, 2017, 01:14:00 AM

Thanks :3 I'll go dat that now. Spent a lil while cleaning all the extra oil off the back tools but now it's clean and opens really smooth. Loving it!  :climber:

:tu: :like:
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #942 on: September 13, 2017, 01:43:26 AM

That's a big step up from a Classic  : :P :tu:

I'm sure you'll have fun trying it out and finding excuses to use all the tools over the next week or so  :D

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #943 on: September 13, 2017, 01:53:19 AM

I'm sure you'll have fun trying it out and finding excuses to use all the tools over the next week or so  :D

Yeah I really went full throttle on this one haha now I don't have to worry about not having a certain tool when I need it while tinkering around haha :mail:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #944 on: September 13, 2017, 02:20:29 AM

Yeah I really went full throttle on this one haha now I don't have to worry about not having a certain tool when I need it while tinkering around haha :mail:

You might want to give it a full bath by taking out all the accessories (tweezers, toothtpick, pen), soaking it in warm, soapy water for an hour, brushing all the nooks and crevices with a toothbrush with soap, let it airdry and then lightly oil the joints. I'm sure it will feel also new after. Congrats again!  :climber: :tu: :cheers:

us Offline Tired_Yeti

Reply #945 on: September 13, 2017, 02:47:55 AM
Congrats, Kandi!!

I'm looking forward to getting a SC myself.
Let me know what you think of the magnifier.

In fact, if anyone with experience can tell me how well it works for starting fire, I'd be grateful.

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #946 on: September 13, 2017, 07:55:17 AM
Congrats, Kandi!!

In fact, if anyone with experience can tell me how well it works for starting fire, I'd be grateful.

I used it a bit today, really like it. Lens is glass again now on the latest one so that's nice. I too was wondeeing about the fire thing so I looked it up on youtube and it seems to work fine, just need something with a lower ignition temperature. My favorite is the video of it lighting a cigarette, I'll have to try that sometime if I find a fresh one.

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #947 on: September 13, 2017, 01:57:28 PM
Congrats, Kandi!!

I used it a bit today, really like it. Lens is glass again now on the latest one so that's nice. I too was wondeeing about the fire thing so I looked it up on youtube and it seems to work fine, just need something with a lower ignition temperature. My favorite is the video of it lighting a cigarette, I'll have to try that sometime if I find a fresh one.

Congratulations on the new Swiss Champ!
Sounds like you are off to a good start finding uses for it. :like: :tu: :tu: :cheers:

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #948 on: September 13, 2017, 11:28:39 PM
Congrats, Kandi!!

Congratulations on the new Swiss Champ!
Sounds like you are off to a good start finding uses for it. :like: :tu: :tu: :cheers:

Thanks  :like: Yeti had me curious so I went outside today and gave the magnifier a try on some things naturally found in my part of the desert here. A leaf was the best I could find that was common, there's a dead mushroom in my yard though those are rare. I might give a try later just because since I saw a video of someone crushing up what looked like the top of the shroom and setting it ablaze with the SwissChamp. Anyways I took some of the dark dry leaves and while I was able to singe them pretty fast no ember stuck.

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #949 on: September 13, 2017, 11:44:36 PM
So here's the leftover mushroom. It's been under the bush in the front yard since 2015 and doesn't look like one anymore but I saved it anyway lol

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #950 on: September 14, 2017, 06:47:30 AM

Congratulations on your Swiss Champ!  The SC is a special SAK. My favorite is the Explorer (hard to resist...keep buying them) but the Swiss Champ is very high on my list of favorites.  I have lost track of how many I have but I think it's more than 10.

:cheers:

:jedi:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #951 on: September 20, 2017, 11:14:18 AM
I just got a leather pouch I ordered for horizontal belt carry of my SC, made by a local leather shop for $7.50. The design is not perfectly cut, the leather is soft but seem study enough. I have mixed feelings about the result but it feels my SC won't accidentally fall off when I carry it. This now enables me to make the SC part of my daily carry, together with Super Tinker (in pocket caddy) and Leatherman Charge (in a bag)

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 11:15:31 AM by an0nemus »

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #952 on: September 20, 2017, 11:20:25 AM
That will protect the SC well an0nemus - would probably be a bit better if it wasn't so soft, but still a nice pouch.  :salute:

Here's my beloved Swissclump beneath the rest of todays carry:
WP_20170920_004.jpg
* WP_20170920_004.jpg (Filesize: 304.92 KB)

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #953 on: September 20, 2017, 11:24:27 AM
The leather choices were limited, and I didn't want thick ones like what Leatherman uses. Also, implementation of knife laws in our country is becoming crazy that SAKs are even targeted by some; so I want it to be as discrete as possible  :whistle:

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #954 on: September 20, 2017, 12:29:32 PM
I just got a leather pouch I ordered for horizontal belt carry of my SC, made by a local leather shop for $7.50. The design is not perfectly cut, the leather is soft but seem study enough. I have mixed feelings about the result but it feels my SC won't accidentally fall off when I carry it. This now enables me to make the SC part of my daily carry, together with Super Tinker (in pocket caddy) and Leatherman Charge (in a bag)

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Nice, I have a similar sized flip phone holster from a long time ago similarily sized. I'll have to try that out. I think my 4oz Pepper Spray can holster could do it too, that one is vertical tho.

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #955 on: September 20, 2017, 02:00:43 PM

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Nice, I have a similar sized flip phone holster from a long time ago similarily sized. I'll have to try that out. I think my 4oz Pepper Spray can holster could do it too, that one is vertical tho.
Bought a $2 phone pouch a few weeks ago but the quality is so flimsy that I'm afraid my SC will fall off without me noticing it. I contemplated putting a chain but deemed it cumbersome. So I had one made.

How do you carry your SC these days?

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #956 on: September 20, 2017, 02:09:53 PM
Mines on a belt dangler that also serves as a neck lanyard for when I'm carrying something a little thinner:
WP_20170920_013.jpg
* WP_20170920_013.jpg (Filesize: 264.11 KB)

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #957 on: September 20, 2017, 02:11:43 PM
Is that daily carry, magentus?

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #958 on: September 20, 2017, 02:14:11 PM
Every day since May an0nemus. Thanks to the dangler it hangs nicely in my pocket and I really don't know it's there. When I do need it...........WHAM! it's out and ready before you know it!  :D

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #959 on: September 20, 2017, 02:25:14 PM
Wow. That's dedication!  :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00