Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swisschamp owners club

Zed · 1825 · 188713

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Re: Swisschamp owners club
Reply #960 on: September 20, 2017, 02:32:12 PM
 :cheers: It was a birthday present from my wife and daughter so I like to keep it close. I plan on modding it to a Swiss SuperChamp as soon as my parts arrive  :ahhh
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline KandiKlover

• Classic SD - SwissChamp
Reply #961 on: September 20, 2017, 02:38:51 PM
I just got a leather pouch I ordered for horizontal belt carry of my SC, made by a local leather shop for $7.50. The design is not perfectly cut, the leather is soft but seem study enough. I have mixed feelings about the result but it feels my SC won't accidentally fall off when I carry it. This now enables me to make the SC part of my daily carry, together with Super Tinker (in pocket caddy) and Leatherman Charge (in a bag)

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Nice, I have a similar sized flip phone holster from a long time ago similarily sized. I'll have to try that out. I think my 4oz Pepper Spray can holster could do it too, that one is vertical tho.
Bought a $2 phone pouch a few weeks ago but the quality is so flimsy that I'm afraid my SC will fall off without me noticing it. I contemplated putting a chain but deemed it cumbersome. So I had one made.

How do you carry your SC these days?

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

I carry my SwissChamp in the pocket watch pocket aka 5th pocket of my jeans  :D It slips in nicely and still has a little extra room. I have it in the pocket all day and don't notice it until I need it :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #962 on: September 20, 2017, 03:21:09 PM
:cheers: It was a birthday present from my wife and daughter so I like to keep it close. I plan on modding it to a Swiss SuperChamp as soon as my parts arrive  :ahhh

now thats something to look forward to  :drool:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #963 on: September 20, 2017, 03:23:26 PM
I just got a leather pouch I ordered for horizontal belt carry of my SC, made by a local leather shop for $7.50. The design is not perfectly cut, the leather is soft but seem study enough. I have mixed feelings about the result but it feels my SC won't accidentally fall off when I carry it. This now enables me to make the SC part of my daily carry, together with Super Tinker (in pocket caddy) and Leatherman Charge (in a bag)

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Nice, I have a similar sized flip phone holster from a long time ago similarily sized. I'll have to try that out. I think my 4oz Pepper Spray can holster could do it too, that one is vertical tho.
Bought a $2 phone pouch a few weeks ago but the quality is so flimsy that I'm afraid my SC will fall off without me noticing it. I contemplated putting a chain but deemed it cumbersome. So I had one made.

How do you carry your SC these days?

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

I carry my SwissChamp in the pocket watch pocket aka 5th pocket of my jeans  :D It slips in nicely and still has a little extra room. I have it in the pocket all day and don't notice it until I need it :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

All my pocket watches cant accommodate my SC; I think the next time I shop for jeans, I'll bring my SC with me  :think:

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #964 on: September 21, 2017, 01:11:25 AM
All this talk of Swiss Champs had me curious as to how many I have collected so I decided to do some SAK reorganizing to group like SAKs.  It turns out that I have 11, one of which is a SuperTimer. I don't have a decent photo handy but am attaching a thumbnail picture.

* Super Timer.jpg (Filesize: 3.14 KB)

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #965 on: September 21, 2017, 01:21:06 AM
All this talk of Swiss Champs had me curious as to how many I have collected so I decided to do some SAK reorganizing to group like SAKs.  It turns out that I have 11, one of which is a SuperTimer. I don't have a decent photo handy but am attaching a thumbnail picture.

Nice. I wonder if you can find the electronic 91mm scales like the XAVT has and buy them. That would be fun to put on the SwissChamp  :D

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #966 on: September 21, 2017, 07:11:09 AM

Nice. I wonder if you can find the electronic 91mm scales like the XAVT has and buy them. That would be fun to put on the SwissChamp  :D

It would be great if that was the case! There are other SAKs like the Traveller Lite, Voyager Lite & Altimeter Plus that have the electronic scales but I don't see any mechanism for replacement other than the Victorinox lifetime warranty. The Timer and SuperTimer are other examples of major scale functionality and I don't think that there are replacement scales available (otherwise, collectors could make their own Timers and SuperTimers): https://smartknives.com/Victorinox-Standard-Knives/SuperTimer.htm

« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 07:14:39 AM by NorCalJim »

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #967 on: September 21, 2017, 07:22:07 AM

It would be great if that was the case! There are other SAKs like the Traveller Lite, Voyager Lite & Altimeter Plus that have the electronic scales but I don't see any mechanism for replacement other than the Victorinox lifetime warranty. The Timer and SuperTimer are other examples of major scale functionality and I don't think that there are replacement scales available (otherwise, collectors could make their own Timers and SuperTimers): https://smartknives.com/Victorinox-Standard-Knives/SuperTimer.htm

Ah that's right my bad. I forgot it was to integrated into the knife itself. I remember now because I was thinking before if you could just put regular solid red plus scales on the XAVT too look like a regular champ. Would love to see a regular full rez of your super timer some time. That's pretty cool, love analog watches.

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #968 on: September 21, 2017, 06:41:31 PM
Just checking in here.

The scales have changed, but this is my same beloved SC gifted to me by my wife a few years ago (even has my initials on the blade!) :D :cheers:
SC170921A.jpg
* SC170921A.jpg (Filesize: 84.94 KB)
SAW

us Online Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #969 on: September 21, 2017, 06:45:27 PM
 :tu: :like:
Barry

us Offline sawman

Reply #970 on: September 21, 2017, 06:52:52 PM
Thanks, and that's my Pioneer X next to it.

I've been drooling over the prospect of an XLT... It has every single implement I desire on it, and just a few layers more than the classic SC.

Are those of you who own an XLT happy with it?
SAW

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #971 on: September 21, 2017, 07:40:23 PM
Swisschamp roadying for Brontosaurus Rex
WP_20170921_012.jpg
* WP_20170921_012.jpg (Filesize: 240.15 KB)

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #972 on: September 21, 2017, 08:20:30 PM
Camo today...

Swiss Champ Camo by Jim Person, on Flickr

us Offline sawman

Reply #973 on: September 21, 2017, 10:21:01 PM
CAMO scales!!    Awlsome!!!!  :D :tu:
SAW

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #974 on: September 21, 2017, 11:46:00 PM
Thanks, and that's my Pioneer X next to it.

I've been drooling over the prospect of an XLT... It has every single implement I desire on it, and just a few layers more than the classic SC.

Are those of you who own an XLT happy with it?

I too would absolutely love an XLT.  Pruner blade, electric wire scraper blade, cockroach flicking spatula/drink mixer. I would use them a lot. I do wish it had regular solid red scales though but that's just an aesthetic thing and can always be swapped out. Oh and the bit driver too, with some of the odd little electronics and radios i tinker with that's always useful.

us Online Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #975 on: September 22, 2017, 04:16:38 AM
Mags, the crew looks good!!  Nice turnout!!  :tu: :tu:
Barry

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #976 on: September 22, 2017, 09:51:42 AM
Cheers Baz - the rest of the crew were hovering over by the escape pod because usually at some point during the rehearsal some bolts blow under the pressure of the heaviness of the toonz. Didn't happen this time so they just looked like a bunch of cowardly pigeons.

us Offline sawman

Reply #977 on: September 22, 2017, 03:25:33 PM
Yesterday, I used my SC to fix a stubborn spare bedroom door which just didn't want to catch.

I am super impressed with the strength of its pliers, which I used to bend the catch plate parts into better position. I have used them many times before but never exerted this amount of force.

One of the screws was a bugger and required a good deal of umph to turn. No problem for this Phillips- which did not waver, twist or strip in any way  :tu:

The chisel has quickly become one of my most valued tools. Upon completion of the door project, a brief trip over the fine DMT brought it to razor sharpness.
IMG_1562.JPG
* IMG_1562.JPG (Filesize: 123.82 KB)
SAW

us Online Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #978 on: September 22, 2017, 08:56:01 PM
Nice job!  That chisel can be scary sharp!!q
Barry

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools
Reply #979 on: September 22, 2017, 11:02:51 PM
Yesterday, I used my SC to fix a stubborn spare bedroom door which just didn't want to catch.

I am super impressed with the strength of its pliers, which I used to bend the catch plate parts into better position. I have used them many times before but never exerted this amount of force.

One of the screws was a bugger and required a good deal of umph to turn. No problem for this Phillips- which did not waver, twist or strip in any way  :tu:

The chisel has quickly become one of my most valued tools. Upon completion of the door project, a brief trip over the fine DMT brought it to razor sharpness.

:ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #980 on: September 22, 2017, 11:09:06 PM

It was amazing that they were able to put pliers in compactly on a nice pocket knife, even more amazing how strong it is. I have seen pics here of people bending some metal sheets before.

I was messing around last night and found the chisel also pops a chestnut open pretty quick as well.

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #981 on: September 22, 2017, 11:59:40 PM
My Champ club entry. My goto desk drawer  tool for minor tasks. Don't use all of the tools, but when I need them, they are there. :climber:
20170922_164929-1.jpeg
* 20170922_164929-1.jpeg (Filesize: 63.84 KB)
20170922_164645-1.jpeg
* 20170922_164645-1.jpeg (Filesize: 103.91 KB)
20170922_164555-1.jpeg
* 20170922_164555-1.jpeg (Filesize: 70.28 KB)
20170922_164226-1.jpeg
* 20170922_164226-1.jpeg (Filesize: 81.2 KB)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #982 on: September 23, 2017, 12:03:07 AM
My Champ club entry. My goto desk drawer  tool for minor tasks. Don't use all of the tools, but when I need them, they are there. :climber:

Mmh love a good XLT  :drool:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #983 on: September 23, 2017, 12:55:06 AM

:tu:
I actually replaced a toolkit in my bedroom desk with the champ xlt. Takes up 1/8th the space as the toolkit. :) Works great on a lot of stuff!
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline sawman

Reply #984 on: September 23, 2017, 01:00:28 AM

I actually replaced a toolkit in my bedroom desk with the champ xlt. Takes up 1/8th the space as the toolkit. :) Works great on a lot of stuff!
The more I hear mention of the XLT the more I want one! :)
SAW

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #985 on: September 23, 2017, 01:32:42 AM

Keep an eye out on ebay. I see pre-owned champs for good prices sometimes in good condition. Ya never know what you'll find. I got my Vic Spirit for $52 in near mint condition, because it was mis-titled.  :)

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #986 on: September 23, 2017, 02:03:26 AM

Me too but I didn't enough money  >:(  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

us Offline KandiKlover

Reply #987 on: September 23, 2017, 02:06:23 AM

Keep an eye out on ebay. I see pre-owned champs for good prices sometimes in good condition. Ya never know what you'll find. I got my Vic Spirit for $52 in near mint condition, because it was mis-titled.  :)

The new ones aren't too badly priced either. Around $170 to 180 new from Switzerland and russia. Much better than amazon and a lot of other stores.

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #988 on: September 23, 2017, 02:20:24 PM
I just got hold of a Hunstman that I was looking forward to for days. Then when I got it, I realized how the 3-layer Super Tinker is a much better partner in the pocket to my SwissChamp on my belt, since the Huntsman is 4 layers and if ever I'll need a saw I have the SC with me.

I'm curious to know what other SAK(s) do you pair with your SCs?

us Online Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #989 on: September 23, 2017, 02:24:23 PM
For me, it's either the Minichamp, Swisstool, or a 111. 
Barry

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD