Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Split SAK

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Re: Split SAK
Reply #30 on: June 23, 2013, 11:17:49 AM
Since nobody is interested, send it to me. We have each other's addresses, just tell me the cost.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #31 on: June 26, 2013, 09:54:47 AM
I just received it today. This is a very fine folding knife. German quality isn't behind the Swiss one.
Victorinox could use that idea, unless it is patrented. But as far as 1997, the Special Forces conscripts used big and ugly Chinese folders like that, with spoon also.

Thanks a lot Lowtech
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 10:20:28 AM by kkokkolis »

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: June 26, 2013, 02:20:49 PM
You´re welcome.
I agree that the production is not much behind the swiss one.
I like the vic style Can opener more, but that is a personal preference.
And it´s too bad the corkscrew screwdriver is not fitting. Other wise one of the 2 layer richartz knives would make a nice EDc instead of a Spartan.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #33 on: August 31, 2013, 11:38:58 PM
Things evolve. I know now that there's no need for a split SAK, when you can have a Spirit S with better versions of pliers, openers, saws, file, awl, chisel, Philips and fine driver. What's left? The scale tools, the scissors, the Cybertool, the corckscrew/ mini driver, the magnifying lens (we have a Philips, do add a LED light here) two blades layer, the electrician's and pruner blade. There's room even for a combo blade, fish scaler and spatula and back tools.
Much better.

Ἄφοβον ὁ θεός, ἀνύποπτον ὁ θάνατος· καὶ τ’ ἀγαθὸν μὲν εὔκτητον, τὸ δὲ δεινὸν εὐκαρτέρητον.
Φιλόδημος Γαδαρεύς

Offline victordomingos

Reply #34 on: September 02, 2013, 09:29:45 AM
Someone mentioned here the XAVT scales - those are the ones with barometer and altimeter, like in the traveller lite, right? Are those scales available for sale separately?

us Offline GigaHz

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: November 12, 2013, 10:05:00 PM
Case makes one too.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #36 on: February 01, 2014, 10:59:46 AM
After owning some plier based Multitools, among them the Swisstools that incorporate the same basic tools (or similar) SAKs have, I understood that a Multitool/ SAK duet is much better than a split SAK. I carry a long time such a duet but my XLT or Swisschamp have many duplicate tools with the Multitools.
Supposing I would carry the Swisstool or Swisstool Spirit S (no scissors) and removing tools from an XAVT, there would remain:
- Magnifier and LED
- Small pliers (some times you need two or just a smaller one)
- 4mm bit wrench and holder (complementary bits with Ratchet's set)
- ? Serrated blade and awl, hook with nail file (for twinning with Swisstool with no serrated blade)
- ? Scissors and hook with nail file (for twinning with Swisstool with no scissors)
- Prunning/ electrician's blades/ fine driver (not needed but I guess it goes with the blades)
- ? Spatula (coffee stirrer)
- Combo tool/ Watchmaker's blade
- Big/small blades/ corkscrew, mini driver
- AVT scales for those who want them
- Toothpick, pen, needle, tweezers
I would consider a nail file as in Wengers and Cadets in place of the combo tool (I use a lot the small blade).
That's it. 8 layers, or even 5 if you scrap the spatula, pliers and 4mm wrench and 4 if one removes the blades/ corkscrew (doable if you keep the serrated blade and have a CS Multitool or just the corkscrew accessory) Even with 8 layers one has an alternative Swisschamp that pairs a Swisstool (or other multitool) nicely. There remains place for a marlin spike also.
You can use it for manicure, origami, precision work, lighting the working field, magnifying the item you work with etc.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%