Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Mystery Puma Taskforce

au Offline erratic

Mystery Puma Taskforce
on: March 10, 2013, 09:36:33 AM
Many moons ago, in the very early 2000s I bought this Puma knife from a moderately hardcore hunting, fishing and camping store in the UK. I recall them saying it was old stock hence an OKish price.

I've not been able to find out much about it at all - it seems strangely absent from the Internet. Identifying mark on the (matte) blade are 280560 Handmade Puma Task Force Stainless.

The opening action on the blade is, to put it mildly, beautiful. Smooth, very lightly but perfectly spring and hasn't loosened at all in the intervening years, despite use in oceans, deserts and mud. The steel holds an edge for ages no matter what I do to it, and is relatively easy to sharpen.

Might any one have any further info on the thing? In particular, what kind of steel is used in it, whether it is a German made Puma, or one of the Spanish ones. Also would be intrigued to learn what they've used for the matte finish on the blade, because it looks as good as new despite the life it's had.

Offline Ray S

• No Life Club
Re: Mystery Puma Taskforce
Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 08:26:17 PM
Try this link:

http://www.pumaknifeman.com
 They deal in new and used Puma knives and have a great display of early Puma knives.I believe they also have a decoding chart that will help date Pumas.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $149.46
PayPal Fees: $8.74
Net Balance: $140.72
Below Goal: $159.28
Site Currency: USD
47%