Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Wenger Dynasty series model "Bedivere". Limited Edition.

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?

Well, you can't get much more limited edition than 1/1.

Scales from an Ivanhoe that had a broken corkscrew, so I had to pull it apart anyway.
Tools are a Nomad plus pliers from a Tradesman.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Re: New Wenger Dynasty series model "Bedivere". Limited Edition.
Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 01:51:09 PM
Very :vader: looking "limited edition" :D

Great job. :salute:

nl Offline Wootz

Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 01:52:25 PM
Sure looks nice and great piece of work, but aren't these scales too fragile to put on a SAK with pliers and wrench?

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 02:29:16 PM
  Question on the pliers: Do those have a slip-joint on them, or those wire cutter holes? Looks like slip joint pliers, and have always wondered when I saw an S 557. The description says wire cutter & crimper...  :think: ... crimper? Where?  ???

Ooh, you have a universal wrench tool too!    :drool:   Does it work well on 12V battery (top-side) terminal nuts? Those small nuts are notorious with most wrench's reach, as those are around 3/8" or 9.5mm. That's too far in on the other universal wrenches like Piranha and other versions seen on the forum.
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 07:16:34 PM
Sure looks nice and great piece of work, but aren't these scales too fragile to put on a SAK with pliers and wrench?

Three comments there, 

1. The black is actually anodizing not enamel so although it will scratch it won't chip.

2. It's more of a "Because I can" rather than something I will take out to work on the bike.

3. The Ivanhoe had obviously been a user as the scales are rather worn. They look better in the photos than they are. The back scale is particularly bad, scratched and nearly worn through the anodizing at one end. So I decided to have some fun with it.
I have had the Nomad and Tradesman sitting there for months but not got around to combining them and this was the kick in the pants I needed.

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 07:24:52 PM
  Question on the pliers: Do those have a slip-joint on them, or those wire cutter holes? Looks like slip joint pliers, and have always wondered when I saw an S 557. The description says wire cutter & crimper...  :think: ... crimper? Where?  ???

Yes, the Wenger pliers are slip-joint. Not sure about the crimper... maybe they are like the Vic' ones and have variations, There are Vic' ones with and without a crimper "below" the joint (inside the handles)

Ooh, you have a universal wrench tool too!    :drool:   Does it work well on 12V battery (top-side) terminal nuts? Those small nuts are notorious with most wrench's reach, as those are around 3/8" or 9.5mm. That's too far in on the other universal wrenches like Piranha and other versions seen on the forum.

I think the wrench might be a little cumbersome to be undoing battery terminals with... Personally I'd prefer to grab a ring spanner from the toolbox.

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 11:32:59 PM

Yes, the Wenger pliers are slip-joint. Not sure about the crimper... maybe they are like the Vic' ones and have variations, There are Vic' ones with and without a crimper "below" the joint (inside the handles)

Awesome, makes for the wanting even more!    :drool:

I think the wrench might be a little cumbersome to be undoing battery terminals with... Personally I'd prefer to grab a ring spanner from the toolbox.

Aye, me too, but don't like carrying a crescent wrench around. Cast metal is too heavy. Not found an alloy or aluminum, at 4" or 6" length yet. On those odd times happen across circumstances, like battery terminal or smaller nuts & bolts that are 5/8" or under, when am not near a toolbox.

Cannot tell you how many damsels in distress I happen along that have corroded battery terminals, or a loose nut. (snicker) Can effect a quick cleaning via file edge - drawing it diagonally. Them nuts are are not user friendly to the groves of a multitool pliers. Which can ruin points with the damsel later.
  Would be cool of a multitool had flat sides inside to hold nuts & bolts better. Of the times had used my Crunch, the jaws would slip off if holding a nut or bolt via the plier ends.

I keep looking around for something that will suffice in both functionality & EDC weight. Mind is open.

Thanks for the reply, good on you mate!  :tu:
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%