Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

damascus keyring fob

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
damascus keyring fob
on: February 07, 2013, 03:12:17 PM
After reading the thread about the Grindworx damascus dog tag, I think it would be cool to have one.

Unfortunately being a UK resident, doing a quick search of the internet doesn't reveal any equivalents on this side of the Atlantic.

Does anyone know of anything similar readily available, and for a reasonable price, in the UK, or available for delivery to the UK?

Ideally I would want to get something like that engraved.

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Re: damascus keyring fob
Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 05:50:24 PM
Emailed BladeHQ to find out if they ship to the UK, which they don't  >:(

Offline thefrank

Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 06:11:30 AM
Have you checked out the Raker Ring Tool from Ray Kirk? There are several versions (very recently CRKT is even making an official one for a few bucks) but by far the nicest one is the damascus tool: http://www.rakerknives.com/damascus_items.htm

I got it here in Canada from him for $40 including shipping which I think is a great deal for such a nice piece. You can contact him about shipping to the UK. He also makes a few other damascus tools and he seems to be a really nice guy. If you want to have something more customized or engraved maybe he can do it!

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 08:57:01 AM
Yes, I've had a look at his website, some very nice stuff.

But, he sells his keyring fob for $25. The Grindworx dog tag sells for $20, and about $26 with US shipping.

Given that I prefer the shape and size of the dog tag, I may as well as a kind member to buy one and ship it to me internationally, maybe get it engraved in the US given that it will invariably be cheaper than in the UK.

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 12:53:41 PM
So, will any of our US members be able to order this for me, perhaps get it engraved, and ship it to me?

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 09:34:35 PM
Cmon guys, 120+ views, no-one able to help? If the engraving would be too much bother, can leave that out.

All it would require is ordering it to your own address and shipping it to me. I'd pay up front via paypal.

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 06:11:45 PM
nevermind, managed to find a US retailer who shipped to the UK for a reasonable price.

$36.90 from pvk.com with UK shipping included.

Offline Raker

Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 03:39:54 AM
I guess I should check in more often.  The damascus keyring fob from me and mailed to the UK would have been a total of $31.00.  I don't do engraving and it is hard to find someone that  will engrave on hardened steel.  All my fob's are hardened like my knife blades so they will last.
R

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59
Site Currency: USD