Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gettin a Swisstool again.

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Gettin a Swisstool again.
on: April 13, 2008, 03:00:32 AM
Just wanted to let you guys know I am getting a Swisstool again.  It is an original Swisstool.  A friend from another forum told me he had one laying around, and would rather see it get used.  I gave mine away long ago, and wasn't very impressed, but have since been thinking about it.  I mean, I am now more experienced (it was my first multitool, and I had nothing to compare it to), having seen what's out there and handled a variety of tools.  I know I use my tools hard at work, and this is THE monster tool out there, able to take all kinds of punishment and abuse without so much as a whimper.  The tools are nail breakers, but you know what?  It's a prized, cherished tool, some would say the Holy Grail of multis, and a friend is GIVING one to me, like I GAVE mine to another friend.  Hell, I could do alot worse then gettin a Swisstool, don't you think?  I'm pretty excited.  Just thought I'd drop by and fill you guys in.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 03:05:51 AM by Navajero316 »

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Gettin a Swisstool again.
Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 03:08:07 AM
What happened to this:
Had a Swisstool, didn't like it at all.  For all it's alleged toughness, I bent some of the drivers using moderate pressure, and the tools are nail breakers to get out.  Also the pliers flexed when using the wirecutters.  Tough?  Not so sure.  Just heavy.  Gave it away.  Good riddance.
With your job in and out of water, I think its a great idea to use a SwissTool because of its rust resistance.
B

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 03:19:22 AM
What happened to this:
Had a Swisstool, didn't like it at all.  For all it's alleged toughness, I bent some of the drivers using moderate pressure, and the tools are nail breakers to get out.  Also the pliers flexed when using the wirecutters.  Tough?  Not so sure.  Just heavy.  Gave it away.  Good riddance.
With your job in and out of water, I think its a great idea to use a SwissTool because of its rust resistance.

That's a good point. Are you still doing the gator thing Navejero?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 03:22:28 AM
Yep, I still work with Alligators, so yes it will be a good tool to have in my environment.  As for my previous comments on the Swisstool, like I said, I have been rethinking my initial impression of it, and figured I'd give it another try.  And besides, I am being GIVEN one, not buying one, you know?  It's a gift.  Heck, why not go for it. 

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 03:23:25 AM
I hope it works out for ya.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 03:28:08 AM
Yes, that is very true indeed. I find when I get stuff as gifts I use them a lot harder than if I bought them!  :D
B

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 10:21:32 AM
Good man, there's nothing else quite like the Swisstool :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 11:55:52 AM
Glad to hear you are giving it another go.  Let us know what your thoughts are on the second try.  :)

Going to move this to the Swiss forum if you don't mind.
I'm back!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD