Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Xelkos' Wenger EvoWood S557 Arriveth ;)

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
Re: Xelkos' Wenger EvoWood S557 Arriveth ;)
Reply #30 on: April 25, 2013, 10:06:24 AM
  Did notice something different. Thew wooden scale has a recess that covers half or more of the outer metal liner. Except on the Lock, the wooden scale looks pushed out around the locking mechanism only.

Might be as redesigned as it looked epoxied rather close to the liner, not snug but close. Compare the upper scale to the lower scale. Does not feel loose. Their assemblers probably do not have the time to remove excess material in order to allow for a better fit.

Oh, and the flat driver has no stops at the 90° angle, so nothing had changed there. May have to alter the awl again on one side as I prefer a cutting edge for my uses. Undecided since have a Climber that has a decent awl on it.

Edit: I think it is an optical illusion, the scales looks fine on closer inspection. Maybe not as fully covered like the top scale is, but still good enough.
    When shining a light down the beam reflects off the edge onto the shiny finish on the wood scale. This gives an illusion that the liner is wider (in the area) when it is nothing more than a double 90° reflection side-by-side.
    The part that gives the visual look of an offset is the thin locking mechanism on the inside of the outer liner.  :rofl:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 10:20:44 AM by Xelkos »
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%