Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Near IR Photography.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Near IR Photography.
on: March 16, 2013, 02:13:42 AM
While I was gone, I decided to take up different pursuits...one being photography. I always wanted to take IR photos but didn't like the pain that IR filters that screwed onto lenses created. I was cruising eBay and noted that I could buy converted cameras. I found this nice looking Canon Rebel 1000 that was converted to 750nm.This was just before the snow fell...and I only had the chance to take a few photos before storing it away for the coming Spring. I thought I would share a few photos taken with it.

Useless shot of the backyard...thinking...hmmm...is this camera going to work? Yes it did. 750nm IR changes green foliage to a frosty white.

Still walking around the house and playing with the new toy...I decided to take a shot of my couch. I wasn't expecting much...but there was a big colour shift.

Shot at a friends house. IR gives interesting results.

What can I say, I was just puttering around with the camera figuring out what sort of results IR photography would give me...and I got this.

So I decided to take the camera outside on a small photo excursion and these are the results I got.

So I am dying to take it out again when the snow is gone.

Here is a photo of my current cameras.

From left to right: Canon G12, Canon Rebel 1000 IR Conversion, Canon EOS 50D, Canon EOS 1 Mark II N.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Re: Near IR Photography.
Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 09:01:42 AM
Quite interesting indeed. Have you tried grabbing a photo of the military Vic sheaths next to some other leather/nylon sheath? They're supposedly IR reducing but I have no idea what that really means when it comes to sheaths... :think:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Re: Near IR Photography.
Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 06:41:13 PM
Not sure I even have one...I would have to look. I haven't tried the camera on multi-tools yet either.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44