Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Dremel (or clone ) Owners Club

Pacu · 296 · 48255

Offline Zakspark

Re: The Dremel (or clone ) Owners Club
Reply #30 on: March 17, 2013, 11:51:40 PM
I have a dremel. Veey handy ineed. Its in the back of the van for a job tomorrow actually

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #31 on: March 18, 2013, 12:17:28 AM
Great Barr?? Do I need a passport? :D

Where is it?? miles from you?

Not too bad, just being silly :D

I'm about 2 miles south of the city centre.
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #32 on: March 18, 2013, 12:30:42 AM
I have a 4000, so far I've had 3, my first one my farther borrowed and needless to say had never returned, so I ended up buying a new one, then ended up moving and got stashed somewhere, needless to say at my fathers too. So I ended up buying another cause I couldn't put off all that needed to be done, so I got a 4000, and this one is not leaving my sight! I ended up doing a few things with a friend and he started falling in love with it, but he ain't getting it! So when we went for a trip to my fathers I looked around and sure enough I found my other along with all my bells a whistles, so when I brought it back I sorted everything out and gave the old one to my friend with a couple extra toys, I thought he as going to faint. The next week he went and got a set of cutters sanders and other things. I'd like to get one of those stations not only the drill press one but they used to have one that was just like this, JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

gb Offline Grumpy

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: March 18, 2013, 08:41:06 AM
I have a 4000, so far I've had 3, my first one my farther borrowed and needless to say had never returned, so I ended up buying a new one, then ended up moving and got stashed somewhere, needless to say at my fathers too. So I ended up buying another cause I couldn't put off all that needed to be done, so I got a 4000, and this one is not leaving my sight! I ended up doing a few things with a friend and he started falling in love with it, but he ain't getting it! So when we went for a trip to my fathers I looked around and sure enough I found my other along with all my bells a whistles, so when I brought it back I sorted everything out and gave the old one to my friend with a couple extra toys, I thought he as going to faint. The next week he went and got a set of cutters sanders and other things. I'd like to get one of those stations not only the drill press one but they used to have one that was just like this, JR
(Image removed from quote.)

I would love to get one of those tool stations!! never seen them in the uk

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #34 on: March 18, 2013, 02:30:57 PM
that's a really cool storage/workbench solution... that would be fantastic for those of us who don't have an actual workshop to use our dremels in!
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #35 on: March 18, 2013, 04:26:33 PM
that's a really cool storage/workbench solution... that would be fantastic for those of us who don't have an actual workshop to use our dremels in!
That's what I fig, I used to have my little workshop but we moved, now I don't have any room, so all my stuff is in storage, another unique little thing I saw and fig if that would be great would be one of these, I didn't have enough time to make it before we left, if you could take that table/bench and do this to it, ah man! It would allow you to do small projects, and just need that mini drill press, JR
http://www.instructables.com/id/Mini-Tablesaw-Router-Shaper-for-Dremel-rotary-/
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #36 on: March 18, 2013, 04:57:02 PM
that's an interesting idea, perhaps using a few flex attachments would make it easier to switch tasks...

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #37 on: March 18, 2013, 07:14:20 PM
that's an interesting idea, perhaps using a few flex attachments would make it easier to switch tasks...
Yeah, that little workstation has a mini table vice, if you made a board to fit that little saw with that flex shaft, you could hang it on that hook, that would be so perfect, amazon used to sell them, here's the link with some more info on that, heck it even has a vacuum hook up! Someone else used to make that same table, it used to be blue rather then red, JR
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000KIASXG?tag=toolmonger-20

Kobalt was the one that used to sell the identical setup, called a Kobalt Store-n-carry workstation, i so wish i could find one for sale, JR
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 07:59:50 PM by MadPlumbarian »

gb Offline nuphoria

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #38 on: March 19, 2013, 04:06:49 AM
I'm getting huge Dremel jealousy now!

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #39 on: March 19, 2013, 04:33:38 AM
I think the term is Dremel envy   :whistle:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #40 on: March 19, 2013, 12:22:28 PM
Well you might get More dremel envy, I found one of from kobalt for $20! It just said must pick up, yet I spoke with them and they said they would ship "but" just have to find out how much first there going to the P.O. Today and if the price is right I might have one at the end of the week-beginning of next, :) JR

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #41 on: March 19, 2013, 12:56:02 PM
  Picked up a Dremel 300 a couple of summers ago. Came with a couple of attachments that I don't use, and bought a pistol grips that I use a lot with it.

Wanted to get the Workstation for it, but never really found a need to justify getting one. if only could use this as a lathe of some sort for small hobbies like chopsticks.  :D

The flexible shaft heard has a problem that if it gets stuck on high speed, or hits a jam the shaft will break. Not sure if that is true or not, haven't heard of a safety break to prevent such damage should it ever occur.
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #42 on: March 19, 2013, 03:30:00 PM
Wanted to get the Workstation for it, but never really found a need to justify getting one. if only could use this as a lathe of some sort for small hobbies like chopsticks.
  The flexible shaft heard has a problem that if it gets stuck on high speed, or hits a jam the shaft will break. Not sure if that is true or not, haven't heard of a safety break to prevent such damage should it ever occur.
the only problem ive ever had with that shaft is if it bends too far it cuts it off, but just unbend it and it zips back to speed, JR
Oh and as far as a lathe you mean something like this, cause this i think would be perfect, especially for like pens?
http://s3images.coroflot.com/user_files/individual_files/original_13921_fKOx0Qesi2AQqUYGi5XOGknBY.jpg

sg Offline henryhcyap

Reply #43 on: March 19, 2013, 03:41:56 PM
My setup, the Dremel 3000 with the flex shaft is relatively new, used for probably closed to 4 months, no issues so far. The drawback with the cordless 8200 is short battery life and slightly on the heavy side. It's also longer to accommodate the battery. This is the old model with the 10.8v battery, the new models come with 12v.  :tu:

image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 247.76 KB)

us Offline stealth007s

• I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Reply #44 on: March 19, 2013, 06:04:13 PM
I have three Dremels but I can't remember which ones they are. I know that two of them are small battery powered and bright blue. The other is corded and dual speed. When I get back from vacay here in Indy I'll check them out and post nomenclature stuff and images. (note to self: check Dremels when you get back from Indy)
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #45 on: March 19, 2013, 06:58:03 PM
I have three Dremels but I can't remember which ones they are. I know that two of them are small battery powered and bright blue. The other is corded and dual speed. When I get back from vacay here in Indy I'll check them out and post nomenclature stuff and images. (note to self: check Dremels when you get back from Indy)
:rofl: hey stealth007, dont forget to check out your dremels when you get back! LOL

us Offline stealth007s

Reply #46 on: March 19, 2013, 06:59:36 PM
Thanks JR!¡! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Remind me in three days or so :think:  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Terry

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #47 on: March 19, 2013, 07:37:30 PM
has it been 3 days yet?  :pok: :pok: :pok:

gb Offline nuphoria

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #48 on: March 19, 2013, 09:20:18 PM
No, but keep bumping this thread until then :D

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #49 on: March 19, 2013, 10:36:32 PM
it's been over an hour... I better bump it.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #50 on: March 19, 2013, 11:37:22 PM
it's been over an hour... I better bump it.

I knew you were the reliable type :D

us Offline stealth007s

Reply #51 on: March 19, 2013, 11:55:26 PM
Thanks Peter :tu:

Terry

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #52 on: March 20, 2013, 12:05:50 AM
I'm getting huge Dremel jealousy now!
I think the term is Dremel envy   :whistle:
Um, well, i guess you guys are going to get "jealous/envy" cause i got everything taken care of and it should be here possibly by Friday!  :D heres a pic for you guys to  :drool: over! my bad! JR

us Offline Crouton

• No Life Club
  • "Live long and ..useful."
Reply #53 on: March 20, 2013, 12:29:05 AM
No toolkit is complete without a Dremel rotary tool.  It was the first power tool I bought and I've had one ever since.  There really are a wealth of things you can do with one.
:)

Reply #54 on: March 20, 2013, 02:42:50 AM
Wanted to get the Workstation for it, but never really found a need to justify getting one. if only could use this as a lathe of some sort for small hobbies like chopsticks.
the only problem ive ever had with that shaft is if it bends too far it cuts it off, but just unbend it and it zips back to speed, JR
Oh and as far as a lathe you mean something like this, cause this i think would be perfect, especially for like pens?

(Image removed from quote.)

Where did you find that, and how much did it set you back for?

Seen another on eBay, used, only does 6 inches. Would want 14 inches for a project I wanted. Supposedly there is a company wanting more hardwood chopsticks which was looking into how much is would cost for materials vs. profit. Think will either resort to a Jimmy-rigged setup, or just do them by hand and forget the possible side-profit idea.

Makes one wish for a foot powered model like old grinder wheels & Singer sewing machines had. Less energy cost, just as much production. Then if applying oil by friction/cloth method would work that would save even more time.  If I only had a sugar momma.  :rofl:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 03:08:15 AM by Xelkos »
¬ Outback in Idaho

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #55 on: March 20, 2013, 03:23:21 AM
It didn't set me back any thing. Cause I don't think it's ever been made, I think it's just a pic done on a comp. but I sure would like to get my hands on it though! Whats the mfg of the lathe that only does 6"? JR
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 03:26:35 AM by MadPlumbarian »

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #56 on: March 20, 2013, 10:46:45 AM
surely it'd be better to have a purpose build mini lathe vs using a dremel like that? A lathe is something you want all elements to be firmly attached... having an easily detachable item like that might be a bit disastrous/dangerous...

Reply #57 on: March 20, 2013, 11:06:48 AM
It didn't set me back any thing. Cause I don't think it's ever been made, I think it's just a pic done on a comp. but I sure would like to get my hands on it though! Whats the mfg of the lathe that only does 6"? JR

Says Dremel, about $150ish. One of the rare ones. EBay: Listing 1, Listing 2

There's an infamous harbor Freight one at the $500 I heard was a royal POS. It would heat up the plastic parts without a load and was falsely labeled at 3/4 Hp and found out to be 0.34 HP - a clever typo.
¬ Outback in Idaho

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #58 on: March 20, 2013, 11:10:00 AM
that looks a lot better!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #59 on: March 20, 2013, 12:43:02 PM
I've always been a multi person, lol. I had a shed as a workshop which didn't give me much room to work, I made a special table, in which could do multi things using normal items, a circular saw attached underneath to make a table saw, same with a jig, to make a scroll, also a router, and on top I had a jig to use a normal drill and turned into a drill press, along with the grinder, mounted the drill and used grinder/sander wheel. But there are a few things that shouldn't be jiged like a lathe, although a router would make a good one! Sorry no pics when we moved I had to put it in storage and don't think ill ever get to it.. JR

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%