Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Dremel (or clone ) Owners Club

Pacu · 296 · 49031

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Re: The Dremel (or clone ) Owners Club
Reply #90 on: March 25, 2013, 04:15:05 PM
are the 9000s available in Europe? surely the postage is better, and we're on 240v here too?

[edit:]
Quick check of my 300s model says 230-240v on the sticker. Guessing the American ones would need to be run with a voltage converter as the 240 would fry the 110-120v they use over there.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 04:18:19 PM by Whoey »
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
Reply #91 on: March 25, 2013, 11:46:16 PM
are the 9000s available in Europe? surely the postage is better, and we're on 240v here too?

Quick check of my 300s model says 230-240v on the sticker. Guessing the American ones would need to be run with a voltage converter as the 240 would fry the 110-120v they use over there.

From the limited info I could find the 9000 was a North American market only tool , I think.
So yep if I was going to spend $50 just on postage  :ahhh I would be keen to know if it would be ok with 240volt.Bit of a bummer that Dremel never replied to my email. I think you also need a collet adaptor for the 9000 to use Dremel's regular tool bits  :think: :think:, some of the 9000's I have seen for sale have included the adapter.

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #92 on: March 25, 2013, 11:57:31 PM
My workstation came in today, :mail: pretty freaking cool! so i took everything and loaded it up so that everything is in just one unit, rather then a bunch of diff ones. it holds everything, the flex shaft and the unit fit in the rectangular storage next to the handle. the vertical shaft stores in a hole on the side, and everything else in the storage bins that you can see, heres a couple of pics, JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #93 on: March 26, 2013, 02:42:00 AM
that's a cool looking workbench/case...

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #94 on: March 26, 2013, 03:19:32 AM
Thanks Whoey! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #95 on: March 26, 2013, 10:58:25 AM

From the limited info I could find the 9000 was a North American market only tool , I think.
So yep if I was going to spend $50 just on postage  :ahhh I would be keen to know if it would be ok with 240volt.Bit of a bummer that Dremel never replied to my email. I think you also need a collet adaptor for the 9000 to use Dremel's regular tool bits  :think: :think:, some of the 9000's I have seen for sale have included the adapter.
What exactly was it about the 9000 that you were after?

Thanks Whoey! JR
I so want one!

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
Reply #96 on: March 26, 2013, 11:13:30 AM

What exactly was it about the 9000 that you were after?

It is my understanding that the 9000 was Dremel's most powerful model & from what I have read they are very robust. I have done awful things too my Dremel , it would be nice to own the 'baddest' Dremel out there  :think: >:D :D.

I am sure the newer models would be just as good if not better than my old one  :think:

+1 Super cool , I reckon  8) 8)

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #97 on: March 26, 2013, 11:26:02 AM
seems the 4000/4200s are the new top dog... RPM range seems similar to what I read about the 9000... like any tool however as soon as you get one, they'll put out something better!

http://www.dremeleurope.com/gb/en/ocs/product/6014/556/dremel%C2%AE-4000/dremel%C2%AE-4000

looks sexy!

Strangely the 300 range seems to show up in the "retired" section of the Dremel site for Spain, yet still shows up as current in the "hobby" section... 200, 3000, 4000 seem to be the main models here.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #98 on: March 26, 2013, 12:22:37 PM
That does look sexy :D

When I grow up I might get a real one! For now the budget Aldi one will do fine :tu:
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #99 on: March 26, 2013, 12:44:05 PM
at 180GBP I'll pass on it for now... :D

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #100 on: March 26, 2013, 03:12:42 PM
Ouch.  That's a heck of a pricetag!

Def

Sent from a digital multitool
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Grumpy

• No Life Club
Reply #101 on: March 27, 2013, 05:21:40 PM
My workstation came in today, :mail: pretty freaking cool! so i took everything and loaded it up so that everything is in just one unit, rather then a bunch of diff ones. it holds everything, the flex shaft and the unit fit in the rectangular storage next to the handle. the vertical shaft stores in a hole on the side, and everything else in the storage bins that you can see, heres a couple of pics, JR
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Have you had chance to use it yet??

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #102 on: March 27, 2013, 08:07:42 PM

Uhhh, :think: let me think about that, uhh, no. i dont want to scratch it! :whistle: lol i dont have any projects to do yet, i kinda spent my $$ just getting it! JR

gb Offline Grumpy

• No Life Club
Reply #103 on: March 27, 2013, 08:11:40 PM

Uhhh, :think: let me think about that, uhh, no. i dont want to scratch it! :whistle: lol i dont have any projects to do yet, i kinda spent my $$ just getting it! JR

Aren't you going to use it??????

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #104 on: March 27, 2013, 08:32:38 PM

Aren't you going to use it??????
Of course, i just have to fig out what i can do first! :think: JR

gb Offline Grumpy

• No Life Club
Reply #105 on: March 27, 2013, 08:37:56 PM
If i'm lucky enough to get hold of one, i thought about making a base for it with compartments for extras

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #106 on: March 27, 2013, 08:55:36 PM
If i'm lucky enough to get hold of one, i thought about making a base for it with compartments for extras
Thats what im doing, im looking for a old desk, with a hutch, so i can store some other tools, i just dont have anything to work on, another thing that would really work good, a Portable Work Bench! has that vice top just like the workstation, put the brackets in, put the workstation on top and clamp it down! and then all folds up when done! but i need something larger to do other work.. JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #107 on: March 27, 2013, 09:11:47 PM
Oh yeah, i forgot. The Kobalt Store-n-Carry Workstation is manufactured by Milescraft, the same ones who manufacture the Milescraft MobileX1 Compact Workcenter, other then that i dont have any other info, besides the address and telephone # which im sure you can get off of there website, besides that sorry nothing else.  JR

gb Offline Grumpy

• No Life Club
Reply #108 on: March 27, 2013, 09:27:11 PM
Oh yeah, i forgot. The Kobalt Store-n-Carry Workstation is manufactured by Milescraft, the same ones who manufacture the Milescraft MobileX1 Compact Workcenter, other then that i dont have any other info, besides the address and telephone # which im sure you can get off of there website, besides that sorry nothing else.  JR

Thanks JR that'd be really useful, i've been quoted £159 for something similiar here in the uk!!!! :(

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #109 on: March 27, 2013, 09:34:31 PM

Thanks JR that'd be really useful, i've been quoted £159 for something similiar here in the uk!!!! :(
OUCH!! ill keep my eye open, the only other piece of info is that its made in china! lol  JR

gb Offline Grumpy

• No Life Club
Reply #110 on: March 27, 2013, 09:37:05 PM
Thanks your a star :tu: i'm starting to wonder if it'd be easier to make one?? :think:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #111 on: March 27, 2013, 10:01:20 PM
Thanks your a star :tu: i'm starting to wonder if it'd be easier to make one?? :think:
theres really nothing to it, besides the fact that the top and bottom come apart, the top is no more then four storage bins, besides the bar that slides in between, and yet the bottom is only a portable work bench, one with those sliding slabs, and storage. the one piece comes out where you would use it for a vice, and everything falls into a funnel for the vacuum hook up, the only thing left is the pole, i got it cause i was tired of hauling all these boxes around, and i need something to work off of, now i need a desk cause im sure the old ladys not going to like it if i scratch the dinning table! if you need a work station too, Red tool box work bench, looks nice and you can get in the UK! i would have went for one of those if i had a place to put it, dremel also make a mini work station you could use one of those to make your work station off of,, its a place to start. if your going to make one and you need any measurements or pics of it message me! JR

gb Offline Grumpy

• No Life Club
Reply #112 on: March 27, 2013, 10:09:30 PM
Thanks that'll be helpful, i have a black & decker portable work bench i could slot it onto, why they stopped making them is a mystery to me, with all the dremel type tools available, you would of thought demand for a w/station like yours would be high!!

Offline LL

Reply #113 on: April 06, 2013, 03:37:14 PM
I have a Dremel 3000 and the big accessory set.

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #114 on: April 07, 2013, 12:23:52 PM

There’s a great DIY workstation on instructables, looks really useful  :salute:

You might want to turn the sound down a bit on your computer as the music is a bit enthusiastic  :ahhh

http://www.instructables.com/id/Mini-Tablesaw-Router-Shaper-for-Dremel-rotary-/

Everything’s adjustable

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #115 on: April 07, 2013, 02:53:33 PM

There’s a great DIY workstation on instructables, looks really useful  :salute:

You might want to turn the sound down a bit on your computer as the music is a bit enthusiastic  :ahhh

http://www.instructables.com/id/Mini-Tablesaw-Router-Shaper-for-Dremel-rotary-/

That is so cool I need too make one, thanks for sharing tony  :salute:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #116 on: April 07, 2013, 04:25:39 PM
Used mine today to mod a file for my kick,sadly I removed too much metal  :facepalm: oh well fitted a sog saw instead and actually works out better for what i need it for   :tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #117 on: April 07, 2013, 05:20:29 PM
I was going to build one of those, I even have the blue prints on my laptop, just don't have the supply's. JR

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #118 on: April 07, 2013, 08:52:33 PM
Used mine today to mod a file for my kick,sadly I removed too much metal  :facepalm: oh well fitted a sog saw instead and actually works out better for what i need it for   :tu:

(Image removed from quote.)

I've never done that  :whistle:

Looks good Mate :tu:
Everything’s adjustable

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #119 on: April 07, 2013, 09:14:40 PM

(Image removed from quote.)

I've never done that  :whistle:

Looks good Mate :tu:

Cheers tony although Wasn't happy with it so removed it lol,really want a file,I'll see what I can pick up  :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%