Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A real pain in the neck

us Offline Nhoj

• No Life Club
Re: A real pain in the neck
Reply #30 on: March 28, 2013, 12:48:29 AM
Maybe the QC needs to be upped on the Def model? :) There seems to be some play in the neck area. I hope you get better quick!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 12:50:11 AM by Nhoj »

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #31 on: March 28, 2013, 12:59:10 AM
Sorry to hear that Mat- it is frustrating when things go wrong for no apparent reason.  If I break something in a fall (foot) or fight (knee) or other accident (numerous ribs) then I understand and deal with it.  Germs I get too.

Stupid crap like this just smurfs me off.

Def

Sent from a digital multitool
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #32 on: March 28, 2013, 01:40:23 AM
sorry to hear it boss. :(  Hope the pills make a difference.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #33 on: March 28, 2013, 01:44:40 AM
That all sucks, Def.  Going through what I have for years with my knee I know how you feel.  Exploratory surgery, however, is where I draw the line.  You're not cutting me open just to take a look!  >:(  As for pills, I've found the good ones don't really help the problem, they just make me not care I have the problem!  ;)
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #34 on: March 28, 2013, 02:05:47 AM
Yeah, I have problems like that too with my knees.  I hate taking the pills I am supposed to for the arthritis.

The pills they gave me today are really not for the problem I'm having.  One is to deal with my acid reflux issues, which they spotted while poking around in my throat.  That hasn't got anything to do with this issue, but they think they want to do something about that too.  There's a story here, but the short version is that I was taking these pills a few years ago and stopped because they were worse than the reflux. 

The other is an antibiotic to keep whatever is wrong from getting infected until someone figures out what is wrong and how to fix it.

Def

Sent from my Motorola Atrix digital multitool.

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline tattoosteve99

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #35 on: March 28, 2013, 02:21:15 AM
Just read though all this :(. Sorry to hear this. I have had this happen to me so I feel your pain. Mine pops back in place with a twist of my head and a swallow. It bloody sucks. I wish you all the best Grant and I really hope they don't have to do surgery, especially so close to a vital thing like speech. Please keep us all informed.
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #36 on: March 28, 2013, 10:03:47 AM
Hope it improves def as suffer with neck issues coursed from a back injurie .take care  :tu:

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #37 on: March 28, 2013, 10:52:41 AM
They're taking me to the glue farm soon... we'll pick you up on the way ;)
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: March 28, 2013, 10:56:08 AM
the 'glue farms' are running low, there's a lack of horses down there don't you know  :facepalm:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #39 on: March 28, 2013, 10:56:23 AM
Just read though all this :(. Sorry to hear this. I have had this happen to me so I feel your pain. Mine pops back in place with a twist of my head and a swallow. It bloody sucks. I wish you all the best Grant and I really hope they don't have to do surgery, especially so close to a vital thing like speech. Please keep us all informed.

I'll make sure to get a copy of any results I get just in case this ever happens to you Steve- at least the doctors on your end can hit the ground running!

Speech is a vital part of my job- I'm not sure how much of my job I'll be able to do without speaking, but I guess I'll find out this morning as I have two different jobs scheduled.   ::)

Def

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #40 on: March 28, 2013, 01:12:58 PM
Keep us updated, Grant. :/  Hope everything turns out ok, preferably without a stabby doctor.

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #41 on: March 28, 2013, 02:46:45 PM
Sorry to hear that Mat- it is frustrating when things go wrong for no apparent reason.  If I break something in a fall (foot) or fight (knee) or other accident (numerous ribs) then I understand and deal with it.  Germs I get too.

Stupid crap like this just smurfs me off.

Def

No need to be sorry mate  :D it has been over 10 years since I had any surgery , I knew there was no guarantees going in but after 4 cracks & the surgeon saying 'I can still fix you' I said no thanks mate.

Def I sure do hope they get your throat & voice sorted soon mate  :think: :think:

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

gr Offline firiki

• Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #42 on: March 28, 2013, 02:52:21 PM
So much that we do is almost unconscious, it takes a lot of practise to become aware of and able to interfere with these reactions. Anyway, that's just another school though....

Maybe you should consider nuphoria's thought before resorting to exploratory surgery. I wouldn't hesitate getting operated if I knew they knew what they were looking for but excavating like this :think: :think: Let's hope those pharmaceuticals help things straighten out.
the 'glue farms' are running low, there's a lack of horses down there don't you know  :facepalm:

Plenty of horses in our swill lately though  :D
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #43 on: March 28, 2013, 03:14:52 PM
The drugs aren't even for this.  There's an antibiotic to keep whatever is wrong from getting infected and something to deal with the acid reflux I don't give a smurf about.

Def

gr Offline firiki

• Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #44 on: March 28, 2013, 03:30:03 PM
There's an antibiotic to keep whatever is wrong from getting infected and something to deal with the acid reflux I don't give a smurf about.
I'm not a doctor so cannot really jugde this treatment but I can tell you that acid reflux can cause extreme cough, frequent vomits and a sore gullet. Usually it is easy to deal with. Get better soon!
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #45 on: March 28, 2013, 03:45:59 PM
if you don't give  **** about acid reflux, then you don't have it that bad !

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #46 on: March 28, 2013, 04:49:42 PM
Actually I do, but I have had it my entire life and I've just gotten used to it.  I deal with it as it happens, usually bad once or twice a week.  About once a month or so it gets so bad that I vomit.

But remember, I'm also the guy who shattered a foot, walked back to the car, drove home and went to bed.  I also lost a kneecap in a fight and still won.

Def

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #47 on: March 28, 2013, 05:00:46 PM
i'm a bit of a whip, true  ! but acid reflux is awful. i keep it under control with any means available.
also it tends to be a sympom of something else rather than a problem in itself. keep an eye on it mate.

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #48 on: March 28, 2013, 05:05:15 PM
I also lost a kneecap in a fight and still won.

Def

Geeze, I'd hate to see the other guy!!   :twak: :twak: :ahhh

Hope they get this sorted out for you soon! 

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #49 on: March 28, 2013, 05:39:12 PM
i'm a bit of a whip, true  ! but acid reflux is awful. i keep it under control with any means available.
also it tends to be a sympom of something else rather than a problem in itself. keep an eye on it mate.

I stopped taking the acid reflux medicine because while it held off the problems, I found that if I missed a day I paid for it in spades.  I'd rather have the more frequent but easier to deal with problems than the incapacitating burning that results from a forgotten pill or a prescription not renewed in time.

Plus I hate the idea of being dependent on something that much.

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #50 on: March 28, 2013, 05:39:41 PM

Def

Which one? There were three of them....

Def

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

Reply #51 on: March 28, 2013, 08:04:36 PM

I stopped taking the acid reflux medicine because while it held off the problems, I found that if I missed a day I paid for it in spades.  I'd rather have the more frequent but easier to deal with problems than the incapacitating burning that results from a forgotten pill or a prescription not renewed in time.

Def

I agree. I took acid reducers for awhile and if I missed a day I paid for it. so I quit taking them. If I watched when I would eat I could manage it. I never ate after 6:00pm and that helped me.
Also less stress in your life is even more effective. ;)

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #52 on: March 28, 2013, 08:24:21 PM
oh god now you've got me thinking (something i generally avoid) never thought of this fourm for medical advice before now, but now i'm wondering if i should try going with out my anti-acid meds ???
i hate being 'addicted' or dependant on anything, the reason i've given up all the things i used to enjoy, beer, smoking etc.etc.
yet i really don't want to go thro the bad acid moments in the hope that i come out the other side acid free  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #53 on: March 28, 2013, 08:46:43 PM

Def

I agree. I took acid reducers for awhile and if I missed a day I paid for it. so I quit taking them. If I watched when I would eat I could manage it. I never ate after 6:00pm and that helped me.
Also less stress in your life is even more effective. ;)

I don't eat anything after 7 except I have a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios before bed.  I eat them dry while watching TV.

oh god now you've got me thinking (something i generally avoid) never thought of this fourm for medical advice before now, but now i'm wondering if i should try going with out my anti-acid meds ???
i hate being 'addicted' or dependant on anything, the reason i've given up all the things i used to enjoy, beer, smoking etc.etc.
yet i really don't want to go thro the bad acid moments in the hope that i come out the other side acid free  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

Multitool.org is no substitute for medical advice.  Consult your local physician before attempting any of the exercises suggested here.  :D

Be careful with that- it was really bad if I missed a day.  It brought me to my knees a couple of times.  And, it takes a while for the pills to kick in again, so you could be looking at a couple of days of discomfort.

Def

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #54 on: March 28, 2013, 08:57:47 PM
Uncontrolled reflux can actually burn through your oesophagus leaving permanent damage. It can also lead to Barrett's which has about a 1/5 chance of becoming carcinogenic.

Please don't stop taking your meds without consulting your doc ;)
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #55 on: March 28, 2013, 11:26:48 PM

Def

Which one? There were three of them....

Def

Dang man :o. Did you actually lose the kneecap as in it was expelled from your leg?
K-Tibbs

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #56 on: March 28, 2013, 11:38:05 PM
As it was shattered I never really figured out what happened to it.  My femur wasn't in the greatest of shape either.

The one I have now is polycarbonate I think.  Guaranteed not to break!  So far it's lasted me about as long as the original one did.

Def

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #57 on: March 29, 2013, 01:35:18 AM
As it was shattered I never really figured out what happened to it.  My femur wasn't in the greatest of shape either.

The one I have now is polycarbonate I think.  Guaranteed not to break!  So far it's lasted me about as long as the original one did.

Def

Ouch :o  And you won the fight ???
K-Tibbs

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #58 on: March 29, 2013, 01:41:50 AM
Well, I continued it until the police arrived and the two guys that jumped me were arrested.

I may have lost a knee but that's better than what they lost in jail....

Def

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #59 on: March 29, 2013, 02:24:31 AM
Well, I continued it until the police arrived and the two guys that jumped me were arrested.

I may have lost a knee but that's better than what they lost in jail....

Def

:rofl:  That's an inside joke.
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%