Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Vic, make a Juice

Offline appletree_man

Vic, make a Juice
on: April 10, 2008, 11:20:23 PM
I really hope Victorinox makes a version of the Leatherman Juice, i'm certain there would be a market for it.
Wait, a non locking Spirit would be better  :D
T

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: Vic, make a Juice
Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 11:22:28 PM
I know what you mean, a smaller, lighter, slippy Spirit would be the answer to a lot of peoples prayers, shame it'll probably never happen though ::)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline gadgetman7

Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 12:36:50 AM
I like to see one with locking tools but it would be nice to have both for our UK members.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 01:27:37 AM
Seems like they could just rig up a couple of alox SAKs back-to-back with a fold out set of plier jaws in between. Heck, they've already got most of the parts for one on the shelf! 8)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 01:39:59 AM
I'd be interested in this as well. Heck, I'd like to see every major company make a "juice" line. :D Competition works in our favor!

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 06:27:08 AM
I'd love to see Vic come out with a Juice sized tool too.Who knows what goes on behind those closed doors at Ibach.I've wondered why  such a tool hasn't been released is that either Vic does a very extensive R&D,or fears a Juice size tool would be a head on competitor with their own SAKs
I

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 12:31:59 AM
I'd love to see Vic come out with a Juice sized tool too.Who knows what goes on behind those closed doors at Ibach.I've wondered why  such a tool hasn't been released is that either Vic does a very extensive R&D,or fears a Juice size tool would be a head on competitor with their own SAKs
good point

maybe it would compete with their knives

Offline ultimaonliner

Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 08:51:43 AM
I really hope Victorinox makes a version of the Leatherman Juice, i'm certain there would be a market for it.
Wait, a non locking Spirit would be better  :D

I'm praying for a Squirt equivalent!

A Juice equivalent would be awesome too, especially if they can make it lighter than the 4.4 ounces of the Juice S2.
"

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 04:45:05 PM
I know what you mean, a smaller, lighter, slippy Spirit would be the answer to a lot of peoples prayers, shame it'll probably never happen though ::)

A thinner, lighter Spirit would be awesome!

-Leave out a few implements that are of lesser importance and make the handles a bit thinner to get overall weight down to 4.5 to 5 ounces.

-Add a pocket clip.

I think a "Spirit-Lite" would be quite popular - especially amongst backpackers, climbers, and other outdoorsmen where weight is always a big consideration.

N

Offline Hoghead

Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 03:09:46 AM

A thinner, lighter Spirit would be awesome!

-Leave out a few implements that are of lesser importance and make the handles a bit thinner to get overall weight down to 4.5 to 5 ounces.

-Add a pocket clip.

I think a "Spirit-Lite" would be quite popular - especially amongst backpackers, climbers, and other outdoorsmen where weight is always a big consideration.

ringzero I like the way you think. I just posted in another thread that I would like a modern sideclip with locking tools and knife that open from the outside like a Swisstool.

I really like how thin the Sideclip is and I would love one with Swisstool quality.

edit to add: make mine black oxide or better yet something more durable than BO as long as it's black.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 03:12:30 AM by Hoghead »

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 06:07:42 AM
ringzero I like the way you think. I just posted in another thread that I would like a modern sideclip with locking tools and knife that open from the outside like a Swisstool.

I really like how thin the Sideclip is and I would love one with Swisstool quality.

edit to add: make mine black oxide or better yet something more durable than BO as long as it's black.

Hoghead, I agree with you about LM updating the Sideclip.

I never owned a Sideclip, but have handled and used them on a few occasions and was favorably impressed.  It would be an even better product with an outside opening, locking blade.

Unfortunately, I doubt that LM will update Sideclip, because it looks like they are attempting to address the thinner, lighter multitool market segment with Skeletool.

LM - and now Toollogic and CRKT - all have products for that thinner, lighter market segment - but I doubt that Vic will offer anything like that soon.

Vic products are uniformly excellent, but Vic is slow as molasses when it comes to introducing new products, or even modifying existing products.

N

Offline Hoghead

Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 01:47:06 AM

Hoghead, I agree with you about LM updating the Sideclip.

I never owned a Sideclip, but have handled and used them on a few occasions and was favorably impressed.  It would be an even better product with an outside opening, locking blade.

Unfortunately, I doubt that LM will update Sideclip, because it looks like they are attempting to address the thinner, lighter multitool market segment with Skeletool.

LM - and now Toollogic and CRKT - all have products for that thinner, lighter market segment - but I doubt that Vic will offer anything like that soon.

Vic products are uniformly excellent, but Vic is slow as molasses when it comes to introducing new products, or even modifying existing products.

I don't think either Victornox or Leatherman will make it, but I want mine in black.  :D

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 02:16:30 AM
I will be really surprised when Vic makes another plier based MT. They just keep refining the models they have already manufactured.
B

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 07:37:40 PM
They could call it Casper ( a friendly little Spirit ) . Id be in for one , especially if it had a pocket clip .

Chris

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 12:39:51 AM
I will be really surprised when Vic makes another plier based MT. They just keep refining the models they have already manufactured.

I guess they figure if it ain't broke, why bother fixing it?

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 02:07:17 AM
I suppose... I think LM is smart because they offer so many different tools: key chain, pocket, full size, extra large, and pruners. So, that means there is a tool for everyone. Unlike the SwissTool where you can get a Spirit or SwissTool!
B

Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 10:21:13 AM
But if you want a smaller Vic you can just carry a 91mm or 84mm Sak :)

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 02:53:46 PM
Yeah, but you won't have big pliers. I'm not saying the Squirt pliers are heavy duty but IMO they work better than the SAK pliers. Also, the Squirt has FAR  better wire cutters!
B

Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 02:56:07 PM
Yeah, but you won't have big pliers. I'm not saying the Squirt pliers are heavy duty but IMO they work better than the SAK pliers. Also, the Squirt has FAR  better wire cutters!
That maybe true, but if your after a solid set of pliers, you probably won't be getting a Juice/squirt anyway :)

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 03:09:09 PM
You got me there!  :cheers:
B

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00