Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Insurance companies - robbing smurfs

england Offline Kev D

• Absolutely No Life Club
Insurance companies - robbing smurfs
on: May 30, 2019, 12:20:13 PM
My home & contents insurance renewal letter was waiting for me when I got home from work last night. The robbing smurfs are wanting to more than double it to £738 a year.  I called them and asked what the hell was going on and why were they trying to put it up so much and they tried to tell me all sorts of rubbish.  I have never had a claim in the 16 years I have owned my home so every reason he gave was invalid.

After 20 mins on the phone I politely told them to stick it and they just lost my business and I went elsewhere. I had already looked around and got a quote from the same company I have my car insurance with so I went with them. I got a slightly better level of cover than I currently have for £226 for the year  :tu:

My old company, which is the insurance side of my bank,  also tried to offer their 'NEW' product. Which was half the existing level of cover with no legal cover included, for the introductory price of £486  :facepalm: and the guy seemed puzzled as to why I told him no.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Insurance companies - robbing smurfs
Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 12:40:13 PM
It was bad anyway but since the earthquakes insurance here is just a clustersmurfing scam smurf smurf.

no Offline Vidar

• No Life Club
Re: Insurance companies - robbing smurfs
Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 12:40:45 PM
It seems to me many insurance companies operate by low introductory offers and then gradual increases from there to recoup and profit. Kind of profiting from customers often being slow or hesitant to change. (I know I am). The one I have now wasn't the rock bottom one, but close, and it has been steady in that position for years now. I appreciate that.

Of course, now I'm thinking about becoming a farmer just because they have some association with great insurance benefits...  ::)
"Simple is hard"
"Hard is hard too"
(Partial disclosure: I design tools for a living).

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%