Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

665ae's ToolClip

J-sews · 23 · 5114

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
665ae's ToolClip
on: December 07, 2006, 04:10:26 AM
So you finally got a SOG ToolClip eh? Well sit on down a spell and tell us all about it!
Where did you get it? How do you like it so far? Any pictures to post yet?

Details man, we need details!  :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Re: 665ae's ToolClip
Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 06:40:48 AM
Hehe... I got it off ebay.  More than likely, I overpaid... but I don't care.  Should be here soon.  I'll post some pics when I get it.
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 12:49:41 AM
Hehe... I got it off ebay.  More than likely, I overpaid... but I don't care.  Should be here soon.  I'll post some pics when I get it.

Yea, you paid quite a bit, I was watching that auction 8)
[

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 12:59:04 AM
I kind of figured... I had set a limit of $50 for a new in box one... and that's what I paid.
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 02:45:39 AM
I dunno, that's not so bad for new in box.

Back when a new Leatherman PST was $24.99, and a Gerber MultiPlier was $21.99, I can remember the SOG ToolClip costing over $60.00. I wanted one, but couldn't afford it. I waited darn near ten years before I finally found one clearance priced at a sporting goods store downstate.

(It was worth the wait. This thing is built like a tank!)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 02:51:29 AM
How many different color combinations were there with the Toolclip? From the pics, the one I'm getting has a grey body with a black plier head and handle.  I know pics can be deceiving though...

Here's the pic from the auction listing...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 02:55:13 AM by 665ae »

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 02:53:16 AM
Do you REALLY want to know?   >:D

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 02:57:00 AM
Hehe... yeah, I really want to know.

My "Buck Multitools wanted" list has gone from 2 to 7... why shouldn't my "SOG Mulitools wanted" list do the same? :)

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 03:11:08 AM
Hah! You're wallet is lucky; I was just teasing. There is only the one color scheme. The plier head and handle have a dark, bead blasted finish, while the side panels and rest of the tool are brushed and shiny.

It makes for a nice contrast.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 03:13:41 AM
Don't tell him about all the colors available for the mini Toolclip then!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 03:48:35 AM
Don't tell him about all the colors available for the mini Toolclip then!

Def

Yeah, I saw in Bob's SOG photo the other day that he had a yellow one... I'm trying to resist.  Although, I am kind of curious what colors the mini was available in.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 03:54:31 AM
I've seen them in green, red, yellow and black. 

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 08:01:48 PM
I received the ToolClip in the mail today.  I could tell as soon as I pulled it out of the mailbox that it's a serious chunk of metal.  It definately feels solid.  I'm going to take it to work today and try it out.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #13 on: December 09, 2006, 12:50:49 AM
You got it already? Great!

BTW, while there is indeed only one color scheme, there are TWO versions of the full-sized ToolClip. The selection of blades is the only difference.

Can't wait to hear which one you got........

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #14 on: December 09, 2006, 06:54:12 AM
I was going to try to describe the blades... but I figured it'd be easier to just take a picture. 

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #15 on: December 09, 2006, 07:10:16 PM
Awesome!
You've got what I call the "first" version.

Pictured below is what I call the "second" version. The big spear point knife blade is the same, but notice the differences on the other two blades.

* S23 second.jpg (Filesize: 59.57 KB)

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #16 on: December 12, 2006, 04:15:12 AM
BTW, be careful with that little metal guard thingy that goes over the serrated knife blade. I lost mine somewhere.  :(

Although I don't really miss it. I'm not sure that it actually does anything?

* TCG.jpg (Filesize: 82.59 KB)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 04:18:13 AM by J-sews »

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #17 on: December 12, 2006, 12:08:27 PM
The now infamous 108mm Victorinox saws have the same thing.  I assume it is to protect your hands when you choke up on the tools on the end- in this case the screwdriver, but on the 108mm Vics it could be the combo tool too.  Getting a firm grip on saw teeth seems like a bad idea.

Def

Offline hurricane bob

Reply #18 on: December 21, 2006, 01:52:49 AM
I have nothing good to add to this thread.

I remember those SOG tools advertised in Us Cavalry back in the 1980's. I always thought they were neat. I think they sold for about $80.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19 on: December 21, 2006, 02:13:06 AM
Who says you have to wait for anything good to say?  Look at how many pointless posts I make!  :laugh:

Def

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #20 on: December 21, 2006, 03:12:24 AM
I have nothing good to add to this thread.

I remember those SOG tools advertised in Us Cavalry back in the 1980's. I always thought they were neat. I think they sold for about $80.

Yah, for the longest time the ToolClip was twice as expensive as any other multitool on the market. They are solid as a rock though. Current multitools are a lot more sophisticated, with more functions, but nothing beats a ToolClip for just bashing around and doing real work.

Offline Steel Blade

Reply #21 on: December 22, 2006, 12:49:07 AM
On another thread Def and I were chatting about a clone of this I used to have. Even the clone was a very useful multitool and I often thought that sometime I would like to get an original. Looks really good. Good luck with your new multitool, don't keep it in a box, it was meant to be used, use it and enjoy it!

regards

Steel Blade
Y

Offline Steel

Reply #22 on: December 26, 2006, 07:58:28 AM
I have the Second Version of the Toolclip and ive had it for a Year and I put it through hell and it has took everything I threw at it but the pliers got really lose and started having alittle side to side play so I decided its time to retire it for now so I got a SOG POWERLOCK with is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! only thing I wish I had on the Powerlock is the main Blade of my Toolclip the blade on the Powerlock has a Grind I dont like at all and doesnt get as sharp as Im use too

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%