Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Diet, workout challenge, NE1??

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Diet, workout challenge, NE1??
on: April 07, 2013, 10:02:51 PM
Well its been a while but its time! my wife and i spoke last night and we came to the conclusion its time! today we brought up all the equipment, set it up in the living room, and went threw the stash of goodies in the bedroom, threw out about 75% of what there was(cant cut cold turkey) once its gone, its gone! not coming back! even ditching the soda.. im going back to my sunflower seeds, i have to have something to nibble on, and i used to be a complete seed freak,

So i was wondering if anyone on here is up for a little challenge? no one has to give there weights, just +/- on a weekly basis, say every Saturday morning step on the scale -3 or +1 and by say July 13, my wife's birthday see who lost the most? So anyone up for it? JR

Even my wife gave a little speech to her friends on facebook but i think she was more blunt! heres what she wrote,

So me and JR stayed up late last night talking. Well most of it was me crying. I am so scared I'd dying and I have so many things against me. Before we moved here I lost a lot of weight. It did not help my legs but I know it helped. After the two weeks in the hospital off and on. All good eating habits disappeared. So we already stopped buying candy. We will not buy any junk except popcorn and sunflower seeds. And we will exercise with it. For me that is just weights but its better then nothing. This is not something that will be started right away but something we are working towards.
IF YOU CAN NOT SUPPORT ME PLEASE DELETE ME. I DO NOT NEED ANY NEGATIVE COMMENTS.
JR thank you for always being there to help me and to love me. My life would be nothing without you. I love you so much baby!!!
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: Diet, workout challenge, NE1??
Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 11:00:16 PM
Good luck to both of you in the quest for a reduced waist line! I've found in the past that the real key isn't so much giving up the bad food types,so much as making healthy meals that are just as tasty,if not more so!

But,yes I'm in! I'll weight in tomorrow to get a sat weight,

Bring it on!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 12:20:30 AM
Alright, :tu: best of luck to you, weigh in and give a +/- at the end of the week (sat)! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club
  • When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.
Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 12:31:28 AM
I would give it a go, but I'm on the skinny side and really can't afford to lose weight.
I am trying to get into better shape, so maybe I can use this thread as a way to be less lazy and become more active!

I wish you guys the best of luck. Remember that a diet isn't periodic, it has to become part of your lifestyle :-)

Sent from my StoneTablet using Chiseltalk II

Chuck Norris' preferred iron supplement is rebar.

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 12:48:06 AM
I started 2 weeks ago with a friend of mine. I am down 7# in 2 weeks. The deal was if he or I do not drop at least 1 pound in a week we have to pay the other $25. His wife said I do not have to pay just him paying me.  :rofl: :rofl: I lost 40 pounds last year but gained some back so I am working on losing that plus 30 more

So count me in a little competition is always good for my weight loss.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 01:58:45 AM
I'd be in but I don't actually have a scale.   :ahhh

I started to cut back on Coke and other sugary/carbonated/caffeinated drinks last year, and I managed to cut back significantly, with the exception of Ginger Ale.  I still occasionally drink Ginger Ale and even more rarely I have a Coke or Pepsi when at a restaurant but I'm happy to say that about 90% of my fluid intake is Perrier.  I know that sounds a bit fancy, but I have always liked Perrier (or San Pellegrino) and I do like to have a bit of "flavor" and I really don't care for straight water.  I could add sugar or chemicals, but I figure the carbonation is harmless enough.

As for losing weight, well, I have cut back the amount of things I eat, although not so much the types of things... I still like junk food far too much!  Greasy cheeseburgers, cheesy, meaty pizzas and far too few vegetables just call to me!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 02:50:25 AM
I'd be in but I don't actually have a scale.   :ahhh

I started to cut back on Coke and other sugary/carbonated/caffeinated drinks last year, and I managed to cut back significantly, with the exception of Ginger Ale.  I still occasionally drink Ginger Ale and even more rarely I have a Coke or Pepsi when at a restaurant but I'm happy to say that about 90% of my fluid intake is Perrier.  I know that sounds a bit fancy, but I have always liked Perrier (or San Pellegrino) and I do like to have a bit of "flavor" and I really don't care for straight water.  I could add sugar or chemicals, but I figure the carbonation is harmless enough.

As for losing weight, well, I have cut back the amount of things I eat, although not so much the types of things... I still like junk food far too much!  Greasy cheeseburgers, cheesy, meaty pizzas and far too few vegetables just call to me!

Def
I normally drink my Icetea, but after moving and dealing with problems i started back up onto pepsi, my wife is one who got me hooked back onto it, but she wants to drop it completely! so im down for that, i have no prob going back to my icetea, I "Can Not" stand plain water! yuck, the only time i can even stand it is if im dieing of heat stroke from working out, or outside weather is outstanding! i have to have flavor! as for veggies, they dont call me yuck no way, i like my raw carrots with dip, or my corn on the cob, but if its green, ill pass!!!!

I started 2 weeks ago with a friend of mine. I am down 7# in 2 weeks. The deal was if he or I do not drop at least 1 pound in a week we have to pay the other $25. His wife said I do not have to pay just him paying me.  :rofl: :rofl: I lost 40 pounds last year but gained some back so I am working on losing that plus 30 more

So count me in a little competition is always good for my weight loss.
Well, as for your friend and his deal with $$ thats great, for you two, that is! its great to hear that you dropped the #s, i did the same thing last year, i was doing good, and dropped a whole 15# in 3 months,  but we ended up moving and ran into a lot of problems and i ended up gaining it all back! and after getting on the scale the other day i noticed that i put it all back on and more, so i gotta do something! JR

As i was typing this my son said to me "dad come look, you got to see this" well come to find out, someone has already started working out, and it aint me! lol,, JR

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 02:57:07 AM
I'd love to join, but I've been trying for years without being to lose weight. It keeps fluctuating between 190 and 200 but wouldn't go any lower.  :(

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 03:01:36 AM
This time last year I was just over 200lbs.  I believe I am somewhere between 185-190 right now, but that is just a guess.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 04:42:44 AM
I guess some don't care about numbers, I never went over 200 till last year, that's when we started and I got down to 180, then we moved and brown stuff hit the fan. Last week my wife said something and bet me to get on the scale, I said I said 185, she said 195, we were both wrong, needless to say she was closer and I lost the bet, I hit 209 :whistle: that's the highest I've ever been, before I could eat anything I ever wanted and never gain a freaking ounce, I could never break 155, but then came this thing called marriage and kids :rofl:  anyway I gotta get back in shape, I gotta loose the dickiedo problem! JR

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 03:14:11 AM
You know what I'm in. I also have an idea I'd like to discuss with you JR so email on way.

Ash's mobile on the move.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 03:18:06 AM
Got on the ab lounge, (that blue thing in the pic below) today, just to start things off, only did it for about 10-15 min, but the guts feeling it! Can't do much my back is killing me, it was one of those do nothing but just move and your back just goes out! I laid  on the floor and my wife cracked me but, it's still killing me. And I don't like taking meds, (cause I'm on enough for other reasons) but its a start, one day at a time! JR

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 03:26:27 AM
It's just your body getting use to it, give it a couple of days to recover and you'll find it gets a lot easier.

I have this theory. Everybody has a natural level of fitness, even if you don't exercise for a year, you can still get back to that level relatively quick/easy. However once you reaches that, it'll be a lot harder to improve that, but if you do that's your new natural level of fitness and can be recovered quickly again.

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 08:35:37 PM
Update:
I jogged and did some body weight exercise (pull ups, push ups, etc') with my brother last weekend. And I exercised some more today.
I also had a big yummy salad for lunch :-)

How are you all doing?

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 09:24:20 PM
Walked a mile on Monday eve and last night. Eating less and better for me food. I am already feeling a difference in my waist.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 09:29:06 PM
I'm trying to hang in, I've laid off all the sugar! Even hit the ab lounge a few times, soar has heck! Especially with the bad back and then twisting the neck from a bad nights sleep due to the wife being in the hospital and the dang cat! Let alone the dog going nuts with the thunder storm! Err this is so not going as I had planed! Anyway I lost a pound! JR

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 04:59:08 AM
I'm doing ok, cut out the sweets, cut the diet soda, and that's it so far I guess.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #17 on: April 12, 2013, 06:05:19 AM
I'm doing ok, cut out the sweets, cut the diet soda, and that's it so far I guess.

Hey you never responded to the email about the idea,, JR

00 Offline papercut

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: April 12, 2013, 11:06:25 AM
I'm in!  You should try low carb, it helps drop the pounds fast, but there is a 1 weeks adjustment period with heachaches and crankiness, so be aware of that. 

One thing that might be easier to time exercise and carbs a bit, to get maximum HGH production (which burns fat).  Non starchy supper, with exercise (preferably weight bearing) at night on an empty stomach or 45 mins of walking on an empty stomach and NO eating from supper until breakfast.  Try to get at least 7 hours of sleep at night.  Drink lots of water.  Simple, but it works pretty well.

234 pounds today, check back in on Monday.
Lurking with a large collection of sharp knives!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #19 on: April 12, 2013, 05:45:26 PM
I'm in!  You should try low carb, it helps drop the pounds fast, but there is a 1 weeks adjustment period with heachaches and crankiness, so be aware of that. 
 check back in on Monday.
Welcome aboard, and check in is on Saturday, and thanks for the tip, but as for the be aware of, anyone married with kids should already be used to or grown fond of headaches and crankiness!  :rofl: as for anyone without, it's the perfect time cause, tax season is approaching :rant: JR 

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #20 on: April 13, 2013, 04:55:40 PM
Ok everyone, it's official, today's the first check in day! So lets hear it, :popcorn: +/-?
JR is -3 :woohoo: although it's probably from the wife being in the hospital those two nights.

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

Reply #21 on: April 13, 2013, 10:18:59 PM
Down -2#s this week.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #22 on: April 14, 2013, 12:17:57 AM
Down -2#s this week.
Great job LONGBOW :clap:
Lets keep up the good work! JR

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: April 14, 2013, 04:27:27 AM
Erm... I'm not out to lose weight, but yesterday I ran 4 km and did some exercises :-)
Tody I'm feeling quite sore...

Good job on the weight loss everybody!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #24 on: April 14, 2013, 06:36:38 AM
Erm... I'm not out to lose weight, but yesterday I ran 4 km and did some exercises :-)
Tody I'm feeling quite sore...

Good job on the weight loss everybody!

Good job on the run, I think I might make it 500ft before I need to stop and catch my breath, now walking, Nota problem, even today I went 1/2 mile out and 1/2 mile back. Freaking cold and windy out, but back was good considering I had the winds help! JR

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #25 on: April 14, 2013, 08:34:49 AM
Good work guys.. :tu:

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #26 on: April 16, 2013, 10:08:15 PM
Since I weighted in and started last Tuesday I decided to weigh in on Tuesday's. So I'm -1 this week. :)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #27 on: April 16, 2013, 10:13:39 PM
Since I weighted in and started last Tuesday I decided to weigh in on Tuesday's. So I'm -1 this week. :)

That's great ash :2tu: , hey you still have yet to email me back! :dd: JR

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #28 on: April 17, 2013, 12:48:21 AM
Blame Tommy Jersey Devil. We text so much I lose track of everything else I need to do. Replying to email now. :tu: :D

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #29 on: April 17, 2013, 04:22:17 AM
Blame Tommy Jersey Devil. We text so much I lose track of everything else I need to do. Replying to email now. :tu: :D

Ok, But I'm going to bed first, ill yell at him tomorrow! Night. JR

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%