Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Diet, workout challenge, NE1??

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

Re: Diet, workout challenge, NE1??
Reply #60 on: May 11, 2013, 04:27:24 PM
-2 This week. Starting to feel good. Hope every one is doing well.
Just keep at it sardauker it will happen.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #61 on: May 11, 2013, 04:57:10 PM
-1, very surprising, I must have walked a good 8miles and in warm weather(Yes that means I did sweat) and especially after last night(no comment)! Hey, after cutting all my junk food and all that work at least it didn't stay the same or go back up and got something to show for.. :shrug: JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club
  • When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.
Reply #62 on: May 11, 2013, 07:07:02 PM
Good going people!!
Remember, slow and steady wins the race.
I have continued my training regiment (right word?) so far and am definitely seeing results :-)

Sent from my StoneTablet using Chiseltalk II

Chuck Norris' preferred iron supplement is rebar.

it Offline sardauker

• Just arrived
Reply #63 on: May 13, 2013, 09:10:56 AM

yes, it is happening. Just too slow :/ :)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #64 on: May 13, 2013, 01:30:24 PM

yes, it is happening. Just too slow :/ :)
I hear that!

I gotta go for a walk today yet it's only freaking 30 out :sa: last I check it May! Brrr I'm going to want to move, yet my joints aren't going to want to,  JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

Offline Abstraction

Reply #65 on: May 17, 2013, 09:15:04 AM
Anyone disheartened by slow weight loss should remember how long it took them to put it on to put things in perspective.

As someone who has had to lose a lot of weight before after an injury - I did my acl in during a judo competition, and subsequently got fat and miserable - well done to all of you,  changing bad routines for good ones is tough, keep it up and you'll be chuffed with yourself once you reach the point you realise you are no longer struggling with weight but enjoying being healthy again :D

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

it Offline sardauker

• Just arrived
Reply #66 on: May 18, 2013, 12:24:48 PM
-1.7 Kg.

aaaand +1.7% fat  :facepalm: I simply don't understand :D. I exercise nearly every day, I should not be "eating" muscles :/

us Offline getahl

Reply #67 on: May 18, 2013, 04:32:49 PM
I'm not sure if there is a defined end date for the challenge, but I would like to join in. My company is also starting a weight loss challenge; if each member of your four-person team loses 10 pounds in 10 weeks, your team is entered into a raffle for a cash prize. Moral support/competition at work AND on the forums isn't a bad thing :)

I started at 223.4 pounds this last Wednesday, which is about 30 pounds higher than when I got married 5 years ago. Not too bad for a guy who's six feet tall, but it's the direction that weight is headed that worries me. Half of that was gained in the last year. Needless to say, my eating habits have gotten worse. The plan is to cut out sweets and diet soda/energy drinks, which I swear to all that is holy triggers some kind of hunger reflex in me. I have the worst time with will power after I've had a Lo Carb Monster in the morning. So, coffee, tea, and water for me from now on.

I've had a bronchial infection for the last two weeks, which really put a crimper on exercising. I've only been able to play with my son at the park and walk the dogs a short ways without completely winding myself. I'll be back at the gym 4:30 Monday morning, and looking forward to it.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #68 on: May 18, 2013, 05:52:04 PM
I'm not sure if there is a defined end date for the challenge, but I would like to join in. My company is also starting a weight loss challenge; if each member of your four-person team loses 10 pounds in 10 weeks, your team is entered into a raffle for a cash prize. Moral support/competition at work AND on the forums isn't a bad thing :)

I started at 223.4 pounds this last Wednesday, which is about 30 pounds higher than when I got married 5 years ago. Not too bad for a guy who's six feet tall, but it's the direction that weight is headed that worries me. Half of that was gained in the last year. Needless to say, my eating habits have gotten worse. The plan is to cut out sweets and diet soda/energy drinks, which I swear to all that is holy triggers some kind of hunger reflex in me. I have the worst time with will power after I've had a Lo Carb Monster in the morning. So, coffee, tea, and water for me from now on.

I've had a bronchial infection for the last two weeks, which really put a crimper on exercising. I've only been able to play with my son at the park and walk the dogs a short ways without completely winding myself. I'll be back at the gym 4:30 Monday morning, and looking forward to it.
By all means your welcome to join, the end date was to be in july, but i fig this is more for support to everyone then anything! its not helping that i threw my back out either.. ive cut out all my soda, sweets, and even the kids cereal, lol, not that it looks good as im sitting here eating a donut, hey i havent had a piece of chocolate for over two weeks, i need a (little) something. but even with the thrown out back ive still been going on long walks(ok ok yes i did have to lift the tvs around, maybe thats why im in such pain, the one was 163lbs but i did get help!) :twak: Anyway, welcome aboard! JR
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 06:04:23 PM by MadPlumbarian »

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #69 on: May 18, 2013, 06:03:01 PM
OK, and now for this weeks results, +/-0, notta, nothing, ZERO! i havent been counting the ounces, so who knows, and it could have been the really large dinner my wife made. i dont get it, ive cut out all my bad foods(yes i did say donut in the last post) but ive been craving something sweet for two weeks and fig one wouldnt kill me. and ive still been going on my walks, heck even went twice yesterday! JR
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 06:04:58 PM by MadPlumbarian »

au Offline AmperSand

Reply #70 on: May 19, 2013, 06:43:51 AM
I started doing something like this back in March, had been gaining weight slowly for quite a while. Trying to keep as fit as I could between the limited time I had.
Anyway was upto 99kg and set a goal to manage to look like a pic i had taken of myself around 7 years ago?
My goal weight has been 82.5kg since starting, kind of wish I took progress pics, but due to moving and a lot of other emotional/personal issues had to try my best just to remain focused.
Weighed in at 82.9kg today and was so happy im so close to that goal.
Id throw in the comparison pics but I figure its only fair to wait until I reach my goal.
Wish I had of seen this thread sooner, would have provided some much needed inspiration.

Hope everybody participating is getting the results they are chasing!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #71 on: May 19, 2013, 03:59:55 PM
I started doing something like this back in March, had been gaining weight slowly for quite a while. Trying to keep as fit as I could between the limited time I had.
Anyway was upto 99kg and set a goal to manage to look like a pic i had taken of myself around 7 years ago?
My goal weight has been 82.5kg since starting, kind of wish I took progress pics, but due to moving and a lot of other emotional/personal issues had to try my best just to remain focused.
Weighed in at 82.9kg today and was so happy im so close to that goal.
Id throw in the comparison pics but I figure its only fair to wait until I reach my goal.
Wish I had of seen this thread sooner, would have provided some much needed inspiration.

Hope everybody participating is getting the results they are chasing!
That's great ampersand, keep up the good work! JR

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

Reply #72 on: May 19, 2013, 04:16:35 PM
Well lots of good stories this week. Good luck and keep trying.
-2 this week

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #73 on: May 19, 2013, 05:05:51 PM
Well lots of good stories this week. Good luck and keep trying.
-2 this week
Good job longbow :2tu: JR

it Offline sardauker

• Just arrived
Reply #74 on: May 19, 2013, 08:53:59 PM
 :drink: :tu:

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club
Reply #75 on: May 22, 2013, 09:08:26 PM
Update:
I H-A-T-E ab exercises!!
>:( >:( >:(

Sent from my StoneTablet using Chiseltalk II

it Offline sardauker

• Just arrived
Reply #76 on: May 25, 2013, 02:27:20 PM
-1.5 kg, -0.89 fat

???

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #77 on: May 25, 2013, 06:43:34 PM
 :woohoo: -1lb JR

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

Reply #78 on: May 25, 2013, 08:45:53 PM
As far as I know  -2  out camping no scale. I  was -2 yesterday.

au Offline AmperSand

Reply #79 on: May 26, 2013, 09:24:40 AM
Was down to 80.8kg Yesterday!
-1.6kg
No idea on body fat % sorry :(

it Offline sardauker

• Just arrived
Reply #80 on: June 01, 2013, 08:41:52 AM
+1.10kg  :cry:   -2.64 fat%

more weight, but in muscles. And yesterday I had dinner at friends'.

A great dinner, so I called  my new mandatory binge day "friday" :D

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #81 on: June 01, 2013, 06:15:02 PM
+1 :-\ this bad back is giving me so many restrictions, I guess the bad weather doesn't help, I want to get out! :ahhh JR

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

Reply #82 on: June 02, 2013, 01:22:17 AM
-1 this week for me.  I am getting closer to goal weight so it is getting tougher.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #83 on: June 02, 2013, 07:00:28 AM
Good job T_LB :clap:
Anyone have any experience with back braces and posture correctors? When I went to the one chiropractor He said one of my problems is my shoulders, I'm slouching forward I'm thinking about getting an all in one brace that pulls the shoulders back, and keeps tension on the back, but there freaking exspencive, yet I did find one on eBay for a decent price, JR

it Offline sardauker

• Just arrived
Reply #84 on: June 02, 2013, 10:29:54 AM
While I've found the back braces I've tried effective while wearing,
the kind with elastic straps
http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mVqaKNewdK3BYZewdAotaJA.jpg
is extremely uncomfortable, sawing into your arms.
I've worn them for two hours max, so I can't say they're effective.

I've found better comfort in a theraband worn in this way: http://image.forumfree.it/6/4/8/1/2/7/2/1365009483.jpg , just to say, but it does not affect the back, just shoulders.

I think I'll try again, but I have not found a type with padded-rigid-confortable shouder straps that's big enough.

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club
Reply #85 on: June 02, 2013, 11:23:26 AM
Good job everybody!
Gaining muscle mass is a big step towards losing body fat and ultimately weight 8)

I did about a bazillion pull ups and push ups yesterday.
And I still hate sit ups and crunches. ;)

Sent from my Mother Smurfing phone using TrashaTalk II

it Offline sardauker

• Just arrived
Reply #86 on: June 08, 2013, 08:13:50 AM
-1.7kg. +1% fat. you can't have everything  :whistle:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #87 on: June 08, 2013, 06:01:33 PM
 :woohoo: -2!! I did break a key number :tu: Surprisingly, I only went on three walks, Doc's, chiropractor, and gas station to get sunflower seeds, must have been this mornings workout :whistle: JR 

it Offline sardauker

• Just arrived
Reply #88 on: June 15, 2013, 06:54:17 PM
+0.65   -4.08%, AFTER the binge day.

not too much disappointed.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #89 on: June 15, 2013, 10:46:04 PM
+/- 0, notta, nothing, zip, zilch! still under a key number, JR 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%