Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

French (Canadian) Military Prowess...

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
French (Canadian) Military Prowess...
on: April 27, 2008, 07:37:45 AM
I'd hate to go up against these guys...

« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 07:40:36 AM by 665ae »
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: French (Canadian) Military Prowess...
Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 10:32:37 PM
Saw this one a while back :), I'd leg it too :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 01:48:46 AM
Saw this one a while back :), I'd leg it too :D

After something like that happens, how long should they wait before declaring the missile a dud and going back to pick it up? :P ;)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 01:59:53 AM
How much do you want to bet Osama Bin Laden, and his leutenants,  are watching this.  And planning the overthrow!!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 08:52:22 PM by BIG-TARGET »
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 03:53:53 PM
It's always been one of the more peculiar points in my life when I read that French people are wussies.  Growing up in a military family has proven one thing to me- do not screw with French Canadians.  My father is French Canadian, and something like 60% of the military is French Canadian (while the national average of French people is probably about half that!) and I'll tell you, these guys are tough as nails.  I really only wish I'd known my father back in his Combat Engineer days- by the time I was old enough to know what my father did for a living, he had switched to a desk job, but even there no one messed with him.  It's great to hear him "flashback" to his old military days when he's working around the house.  I don't mean like the Vietnam Vet type flashback, but the ones where something ogs his memory and he mutters something like "It's only sh*t Lamontagne, hands are washable!"

Still, the video is hilarious and it could very well be a weapon currently issued to Canadian troops- most of our equipment is dirt cheap or 30-40 years old.   :(

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 04:51:35 PM
It's always been one of the more peculiar points in my life when I read that French people are wussies.  Growing up in a military family has proven one thing to me- do not screw with French Canadians.
One thing you need to remember is you're mistaking the French and the French Canadians. French Canadians, who are related to the Cajuns, are quite different than the French from France. So there's no need to feel bad. In fact, I'm sure there were a few French Canadians on the shores of Normandy thinking "Why aren't the French here helping?"

http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 08:56:41 PM
It's always been one of the more peculiar points in my life when I read that French people are wussies.  Growing up in a military family has proven one thing to me- do not screw with French Canadians.  My father is French Canadian, and something like 60% of the military is French Canadian (while the national average of French people is probably about half that!) and I'll tell you, these guys are tough as nails.  I really only wish I'd known my father back in his Combat Engineer days- by the time I was old enough to know what my father did for a living, he had switched to a desk job, but even there no one messed with him.  It's great to hear him "flashback" to his old military days when he's working around the house.  I don't mean like the Vietnam Vet type flashback, but the ones where something ogs his memory and he mutters something like "It's only sh*t Lamontagne, hands are washable!"

Still, the video is hilarious and it could very well be a weapon currently issued to Canadian troops- most of our equipment is dirt cheap or 30-40 years old.   :(

Def
In this case, I don't think anyone is belittling the "Grunts".  but the quality of the equipment they use.  Though the missile didn't light. The second it comes out of the tube, it is considered "Live ordinance".  I don't blame them for running!
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 02:14:23 PM
It's always been one of the more peculiar points in my life when I read that French people are wussies.  Growing up in a military family has proven one thing to me- do not screw with French Canadians.
One thing you need to remember is you're mistaking the French and the French Canadians. French Canadians, who are related to the Cajuns, are quite different than the French from France. So there's no need to feel bad. In fact, I'm sure there were a few French Canadians on the shores of Normandy thinking "Why aren't the French here helping?"

I know they are different, but we don't refer to them as "French Canadians" here, they are just "French."  So, because of my lifelong association with French Canadians, that's just what pops into my mind first.

If we want to get into the WWII thing, geographically speaking the French weren't in a position to resist the Nazi war machine and would have been flattened.  Surrender allowed the country and culture to remain (more or less) intact, while helping the allies in more clandestine ways.  I doubt the war would have been over when it was without the French Underground undermining the Nazis from within.  Of course given the lack of records of the Resistance for obvious reasons, no one will ever know for sure just how much help they provided.

As Obi Wan once said "There are alternatives to fighting..."

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31
Site Currency: USD
26%