Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My local Target...

Tyler_ · 13 · 1821

us Offline Tyler_

My local Target...
on: April 14, 2013, 07:57:11 AM
Has replaced most of the Victorinox stuff with the Bear Grylls made in China crap
 :facepalm:

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Re: My local Target...
Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 09:54:28 AM
What a shame.  :facepalm:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline getahl

Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 03:46:36 PM
Ditto. It still has Classics (assorted colors), Huntsmen, and Camper, I think. There might be a Tinker combo in there, too.

us Offline WoodMan

Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 04:30:08 PM
Mine as well.

us Offline Timboslice

Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 05:25:01 PM
 :(

us Offline twbranch

Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 01:37:00 AM
no offense but if your shopping for tools at Target...you are missing out my friends!

gr Offline firiki

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 11:04:20 AM
I don't think we have Target stores here yet so slightly OT but not irrelevant: Here in Athens many places carrying at least some Vic Ecolines are stopping because "they're expensive" as the guys working there say. What I find weird is that two places have switched to Wengers as their main SAK proposition after New Year!
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

au Offline T.J. Hooker

Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 11:24:32 AM
Here in Melb, Australia you can only buy Victorinox or any knife at pretty much two stores and they are terribly over priced.. Consider yourself likely you can buy a knife at Target!

au Offline Syndicate

Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 01:05:02 PM
Here in Melb, Australia you can only buy Victorinox or any knife at pretty much two stores and they are terribly over priced.. Consider yourself likely you can buy a knife at Target!

And you can get a huge fine for carrying a SAK in Melbourne as well.

au Offline T.J. Hooker

Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 01:57:54 PM
I know its silly. Hardly worth selling any knives here any more as those two stores(king of knives, Rays) don't seem to sell much knives all that often.

us Offline The Shadow

Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 10:59:23 PM
no offense but if your shopping for tools at Target...you are missing out my friends!

The best part of shopping for Victorinox at Target was not their selection, but the clearance deals! You could score some at 50 or 75% off.  Don't really want that Bear crap at 75% off...
Who knows...

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 02:33:53 AM

The best part of shopping for Victorinox at Target was not their selection, but the clearance deals! You could score some at 50 or 75% off.  Don't really want that Bear crap at 75% off...

i got a Recruit for 8.68 and have been eyeing the few they do have as i konw those too will be clearanced at some point.  i recall someone saying they got a skeletool on clearance at target so i always keep alert.
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Joe58

Reply #12 on: April 18, 2013, 03:36:15 PM
Hi - Perhaps someone here on the forum who has experience in retail can answer this.

How is a product chosen to sell? In this case, did Target feel that the Bear knives (using the term loosely)
would sell better than SAK's, or does a company approach Target and say that they will give a bigger percentage back to Target or what?

It's just that I'm having trouble believing that the Bear line sells better than Vic's. Everyone, even non knifers, know Swiss Army and the reputation. Selling someone a Bear knife coud put someone off knives forever after they try and use it.

As a sidebar - I cannot believe Bear would put his name on that cruddy stuff. Gerber must pay well. I guess based on that and the other things I've seen him pushing, his quality standards aren't too high.
🇨🇭

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD