Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Aloha from California

Aloha · 24 · 1801

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Aloha from California
on: April 15, 2013, 03:41:28 AM
Hello one and all,

What an incredible forum and resource that I have been enjoying for the past month or so.  I want to say a special thank you to the members who contribute regularly and to the creator(s) of this site.  I was looking for information on a multi tool after deciding I needed to upgrade what I had been using.   I am a one man business where having many tools isn’t required or needed so a multi is the perfect option for me.  I purchased a wally world multi about 10 years ago and it worked decently till I gave it away as I bought what I thought was an upgraded version from a “do it yourself” store in black.  The tool was pretty great I thought and I still have it but I got my first and second Leatherman’s from another DIY store for a great price so I guess here is where the real story begins…………

My first and second Leatherman’s were a wingman and a style cs combo deal.  I was so stoked that I got such a great deal and got two tools for less that $25 that I went out and got another the next week  hahaha.  I gave one style cs to a friend and kept the other for myself.  I used the wingman daily and couldn’t have been happier till I saw the sidekick on clearance and figured I should probably pick it up, you know just in case.  Since December I hadn’t really thought I’d need much more than that since my last MT served me well for years and now I had 4 MT, (2 wingman’s, 1 sidekick, and 1 style cs).  I go to these DIY stores often as I tend to need items weekly and found myself looking at the other offerings when out of nowhere a clearance Leatherman wingman/style cs was staring right at me, well I had to get it right??? At this point I knew I was hooked and begin to look at other things like SAK’s which I knew I had to have one as well.  I happened to be at a store where the recruit was on clearance for $8 so I got 2.  I love that SAK and carried it every day. I began to see SAK’s and Multi’s everywhere I went so I kept my eye out for deals as I think it’s nearly as fun as the tool.  I have since acquired 2 Wenger Esquire’s (I gave one away to a friend), 1 Evolution S10, 1 Evogrip S (looks like the S10 but it has a Philips not a corkscrew).  I carried my Sidekick every day for work and paired it with the wenger evolution s10 since it has a locking blade and they have served me VERY well.  I realized quickly my black upgrade multi was nothing near this Leatherman tool and wondered hmmmm.  I begin to read all the posts regarding the different tools and decided I had to have a Leatherman Wave in BO.  I figured I liked the wingman and sidekick so much I can only imagine how awesome the wave would be. I found a great deal on the tool, bit kit, flashlight, and sheath for under $50 however it wasn’t BO but I couldn’t say no right??? I have had the Wave now for a week and WOW!!!!   Im hooked folks totally hooked and now have a must have list.  Ok well sorry to have blabbed on and on but that's my story and next on the list is the new Surge that should be out soon right??? I will eventually get that BO wave and Im eyeing some sweet SAK’s that I NEED as well.  Thank you again for such a great place and so much great reading.  Let the journey begin.
Esse Quam Videri

au Offline Syndicate

Re: Aloha from California
Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 06:23:05 AM
Yip, your wallet/bank account is pretty much stuffed now, once the MT bug bites its very very difficulty to get it to stop.
I blame the members here for that.

us Offline stealth007s

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 06:33:21 AM
Howdy from Texas!¡!
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 03:05:19 PM
G'day & welcome mate  :D :D

Yep the old Wingman & Sidekick get a lot of stick for being 2nd rate Leatherman but I think your storey is exactly what Leatherman was hoping would happen when they introduced these budget tools, that is a entry level tool(s) that lead to further purchases from Leatherman's non budget tool ranges :tu: :tu:

Congratulations mate on getting hooked  ;) :D :D, I have been happily squirming on the MT hook for a few years now  ::) :D :D.  I bet you like the Wave's diamond file  :think: :think: :D :D
I am keen to get a new Surge too  :gimme: :gimme: :D

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 03:21:14 PM
Aloha, and thanks for the great intro :tu:

Welcome to MTO :cheers:
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 04:04:20 PM
If you think the Sidekick and Wingman are good,just wait til you get a proper LM! :pok:

Welcome to the shiny pointy party!

There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 04:22:05 PM
^ excuse Kirky he doesn't read all that well, missed the bit that said "you HAVE a WAVE"  :facepalm:

welcome to the madness  :ahhh

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 05:14:11 PM
^ excuse Kirky he doesn't read all that well, missed the bit that said "you HAVE a WAVE"  :facepalm:

welcome to the madness  :ahhh

:doh:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 06:10:41 PM
Thank you all for the welcome.  Ok Ms Nuphoria WOW you are one amazing singer/muscian.  I am speachless other than to say "Consider you gone" brings me to an emotinal place, I especially love "Let love B my guide".  Blessings all.
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Nhoj

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 09:14:16 PM
Welcome to the forum! Saks and leathermans are nice tools. :tu:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 09:23:29 PM
Welcome to the forum! Saks and leathermans are nice tools. :tu:

Thank you vey much and yes i can totally agree.
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 09:25:43 PM
Welcome mate  :cheers: yep its a slippery slope but you won't find a nicer folk on any other forum  :salute:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 09:36:10 PM
Welcome mate  :cheers: yep its a slippery slope but you won't find a nicer folk on any other forum  :salute:

Thank you kindly, and yes i can see you are quite a lively and friendly lot.  Reading though some threads i have been laughing at the conversations as well as learnign quite a bit.  there are some truly quality folks here. 
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 09:46:56 PM

Thank you kindly, and yes i can see you are quite a lively and friendly lot.  Reading though some threads i have been laughing at the conversations as well as learnign quite a bit.  there are some truly quality folks here.

:salute: you will learn a lot but still never find that perfect mt  :rofl: although I'm getting there  :tu:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 09:54:56 PM

:salute: you will learn a lot but still never find that perfect mt  :rofl: although I'm getting there  :tu:

Im learning that yes indeed however having been reading thru the sections i have stumbled across a Mr Metropolicity who has some truly fantastic modded tools.  I've seen some nice modded SAKs too which leads me to believe the possibilities are endless.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 09:57:08 PM by Aloha007 »
Esse Quam Videri

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 10:04:37 PM
you don't *stumble* across Metro, any more than you stumble across the 'great pyramid of giza' !  :rofl:
an icon of mans ingenuity that everyone has heard of, and most people wouldn't mind visiting  :rofl:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 10:06:59 PM by Taxi Dad »

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 10:15:17 PM
you don't *stumble* across Metro, any more than you stumble across the 'great pyramid of giza' !  :rofl:
an icon of mans ingenuity that everyone has heard of, and most people wouldn't mind visiting  :rofl:

Yeah I feel a Skinth on the cards forcmy birthday,would like one my champ can fit in with a single AAA battery light and room for a Opinel #5 or spyderco grasshopper  :drool: ill sort it one day  :tu: Ericsson a top chap and sending me over some parts to mod my kick  :salute:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 10:17:25 PM

when i orginally searched for leatherman's a tread from a forum ( possibly this forum) came up where people were posting their MTs.  I hadn't even consdered people were " modding" their MTs so when there seemed to be a deafening hush as they awaited Mr Metro's contributions i sat amazed as i can only imagine i would stand amazed at the great pyramids of giza by the creations he presented.  icon/ingenuity are only the beggining of what those tools had me thinking.  such truly beautiful works of art i say.   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline David

Reply #18 on: April 18, 2013, 09:17:30 PM
Howdy!
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 10:15:55 PM
Esse Quam Videri

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #20 on: June 17, 2016, 12:14:57 PM
aloha to you too   :cheers:
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #21 on: June 17, 2016, 05:28:39 PM
I'm glad DKS is going through the forum and finding these- I can't believe how many I missed!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #22 on: June 20, 2016, 04:52:50 PM
I'm glad DKS is going through the forum and finding these- I can't believe how many I missed!

Def

Also giving me a chance to catch up on the ones that joined while I was AWOL :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #23 on: June 20, 2016, 04:53:12 PM
Owe and welcome Aloha :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!