Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAKs & Wives

ve Offline EtherealityX1

Re: SAKs & Wives
Reply #60 on: April 25, 2013, 03:45:24 AM
Have come up with a crafty two tiered plot to make my life easier with the wife and my SAKs.

First, just ordered a Classic Green Edelweiss for the missus. Before, I offered her to buy one of those fruity/colorful classics and she flat your refused to saying that she doensn't need it and that she is afraid of knives. However recently she grabbed my classic to open a box  so ..... What will happen is that this new classic will mysteriously "appear" on her cell phone strap ( she loves green so "coincidentially" the Edelweiss Green Classic's design matches perfectly with the colors of her cellphone case and strap  ;) ). Once she has the Classic with her everyday ( she cannot refuse a present that I have already bought her) my hope is that she will find uses for it regularly. Hopefully, that would be the start of her understanding my obsession with SAKs.

Second tier of the plot is that, I live in Japan and there's lots of earthquakes here. In a few months gonna try come home with the Spartan StayGlow Lite I just bought and  say we "need" it in order to have handy near the door a SAK/Flashlight that can be easily found in the darkness in case an emergency happens.

Now as for justifying the the other 4 SAKs ... still working on a way for that...

We'll see how it goes. Wish me luck!

VICKIES I own:
CLASSICS: Techno ( lost it ) , Edelweiss Green &  Black Alox
91MMs: Cybertool Lite ( My #1 fav EDC) , SoftTouch Climber RT, SoftTouch Desert Digital Camo Huntsman & StayGlow Spartan Lite.
111MMs AND BEYOND: One Handed Forester MWC ( My #4 fav EDC), Soldier 2008, Master RT, Hunter XS, TrailMaster MWC Desert, Rescue Tool Swisstool Spirit ( My # 2 fav EDC ) & Hunter Pro Alox Red.

LEATHIES I own:
Crunch ( My # 3 fav EDC) , Signal, Style CS & Style PS.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #61 on: April 25, 2013, 05:38:50 AM
Have come up with a crafty two tiered plot to make my life easier with the wife and my SAKs.

First, just ordered a Classic Green Edelweiss for the missus. Before, I offered her to buy one of those fruity/colorful classics and she flat your refused to saying that she doensn't need it and that she is afraid of knives. However recently she grabbed my classic to open a box  so ..... What will happen is that this new classic will mysteriously "appear" on her cell phone strap ( she loves green so "coincidentially" the Edelweiss Green Classic's design matches perfectly with the colors of her cellphone case and strap  ;) ). Once she has the Classic with her everyday ( she cannot refuse a present that I have already bought her) my hope is that she will find uses for it regularly. Hopefully, that would be the start of her understanding my obsession with SAKs.

Second tier of the plot is that, I live in Japan and there's lots of earthquakes here. In a few months gonna try come home with the Spartan StayGlow Lite I just bought and  say we "need" it in order to have handy near the door a SAK/Flashlight that can be easily found in the darkness in case an emergency happens.

Now as for justifying the the other 4 SAKs ... still working on a way for that...

We'll see how it goes. Wish me luck!

Good luck, you'll need it ;) :salute:
K-Tibbs

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #62 on: April 25, 2013, 10:15:30 AM
all good logic sir but never forget women are strange creatures who rarely behave they way they should and almost NEVER the way we hope  :whistle:

gr Offline firiki

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #63 on: April 25, 2013, 10:31:30 AM
all good logic sir but never forget women are strange creatures who rarely behave they way they should and almost NEVER the way we hope  :whistle:
That's a very generalising statement IMO but true nevertheless :whistle: It's why I thought I'd share some wisdum.
Three phrases that make women happy (hence more likely to let theselves get manipulated) are:
1. I love you
2. 50% discount
3. You've lost weight
 :D
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #64 on: April 25, 2013, 10:41:53 AM
That's a very generalising statement IMO but true nevertheless :whistle: It's why I thought I'd share some wisdum.
Three phrases that make women happy (hence more likely to let theselves get manipulated) are:
1. I love you
2. 50% discount
3. You've lost weight
 :D
and a personal favourite of mine, that has got me out of a LOT of strife

4. "YES DEAR !"

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #65 on: April 25, 2013, 11:08:29 AM
I would never hide my spending habits from my wife. We're a team, and neither of us should do anything that gives us problems with our budget. If she doesn't like how I spend money, or I don't like her spending habits, we should have it in the open.

(That said, she thinks my knife collection is a little weird, but she likes some of the knives. Last time I visited a big knife shop along with her, she wanted a couple of tiny folding knives for herself as well, because they were "cute". And she has a few SAKs. She's a keeper. :) )

If I were ashamed of my collection, I would stop collecting.

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Reply #66 on: April 25, 2013, 03:03:48 PM
If I were ashamed of my collection, I would stop collecting.

Is there anyone here having a SAK collection and being ashamed of it? Well, except for not having them all, that is :D

:climber:

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #67 on: April 25, 2013, 08:27:11 PM
LOL - I've been waiting for this topic to come up...

I actually confessed a while back to her and guess what?? She thinks it's great. Mainly due to the fact that most are now fetching far more than what I paid for them.

But, I set out only to buy the discontinued models, although a fair few dozen of the current models also mysteriously arrived  :whistle:

However, I can honestly say that I'm more or less done. I think there may be 6/7 left to get and then......well, I don't really know!! - but it won't be alox that's for sure!!

What I'm waiting for now is Def and J-sews to pull their finger out and get this almost mythical MT book finished and published. :pok:  :pok:  :twak:  :ahhh  :ahhh

Because then when it hits the shelves it will probably end up in the discount bookstores, hopefully will then be perused and ultimately purchased by bored husbands and partners who were dragged out with their better halves. This will then turn them into a new breed of closet collectors who will have to fight nail and teeth against the worlds ebay fraternity which, much to our delight will send ALL of them wappy in a mad "must-have-whatever-the-cost" spending spree.

Meanwhile, we can sit back and watch as our collections treble in value  :D :D :drink:  :gimme:.

So, waste no time...Publish That Book!!
I'm sure initial sales of the book to MT'o members would cover all publishing costs - So, we all win!! Yay :tu:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 10:29:34 PM by tosh »
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #68 on: April 25, 2013, 09:44:45 PM
I know I'm not the only one in this situation, but I didn't see anyone else bring it up (may have missed a previous post, as I skimmed the middle pages of the thread).
But...

This is an advantage to having a post-divorce girlfriend as opposed to a wife. (gotta be some compensation, right?)

She knows I have over a hundred SAKs and just rolls her eyes, plus she thinks the mods and re-scale jobs I do are pretty "neat" and thinks I'm quite talented.
She also knows about the Camera gear, the R/C Helicopters, the dirt-bike, the boat I'm halfway through building, etc, etc and doesn't care...

Okay, it probably helps that I'm taking her on a 10 day trip to New Zealand next month. ::)

ch Offline pawn

Reply #69 on: April 26, 2013, 08:44:06 AM
My GF gave me an engraved classic for my birthday and invited me to a trip to Ibach (Victorinox Homebase) to do the 'Build your own Spartan' workshop. <3<3<3

Also, I have to do more home-improvement stuff, since she now knows that I can handle tools to do mods :-)

cheers

gr Offline MARIOS7319

• Happiness depends upon ourselves. Aristotle
Reply #70 on: April 26, 2013, 01:25:43 PM
WANT TO LIVE WITH CHAKO !!!

ME TOO !!!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00