Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wenger Microlight Pocket Tool Chest vs. Victorinox Midnite Manager.

Offline hiljentaa

Hey guys, been wanting to pick up something small for summer casual carry. Typically in these situations I will carry a Cadet & Fauxton, but I'd like something that works better with shorts.

The Manager appeals to me because I know and love Victorinox stuff, but the Wenger is a little longer (a plus in my book), and has a reamer. No pen on the Wenger, though.

Anyone out there handle or own both of these? Which one is thinner? Which one has a better flashlight (white LED version for both)?

00 Offline Caranthanus

• No Life Club
Hi, folks!

Found this topic, decision was made: I'm in too, finally  ;)
Probably not in time for hiljentaa  :D, but ...
... anyway I don't own (not yet  :)) a victorinox manager with white light  :D

So, let's go red, actually red vs blue,
victorinox midnite manager vs wenger microlight pocket tool chest:

thickness:

wenger: front & back

vic

wenger light:

vic red light:

00 Offline Caranthanus

• No Life Club
ufff, forgot   :rant: this one, the real versus  :D

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Nice photo comparison Caranthanus.  :tu:  Which do you prefer?

I tried the Wenger for a while at some point, but went back to the Vic quickly (Rambler, actually).  I just can't seem to do without the handy magnetic phillips driver/opener tool.  It's one of the tools I use most in the Victorinox line.
- Terry

00 Offline Caranthanus

• No Life Club
Nice photo comparison Caranthanus.  :tu:  Which do you prefer?

I tried the Wenger for a while at some point, but went back to the Vic quickly (Rambler, actually).  I just can't seem to do without the handy magnetic phillips driver/opener tool.  It's one of the tools I use most in the Victorinox line.

hi, NutSAK, thanks, I'm learning from you guys  :D

well, actually I prefer minichamp, and I carry on keychain midnite minichamp,
... tootpick and tweezers are on the "real" one, the big edc companion,
ranger or huntsman most of the time.
But like the wengers tools too, especially the small Reamer/Awl

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Pozdrav, sosed.

Welcome to the forum. :waving:

00 Offline Caranthanus

• No Life Club
Pozdrav, sosed.

Welcome to the forum. :waving:

O, sosed , stari maček  8) , hvala, pozdrav tudi tebi.

SAK's - connecting people  :D

00 Offline Fattsgalore

Victorinox has the more powerful white LED. (and better scissors) Youtube has some comparisons.

Victorinox's older LEDs (red LED) are ridiculously under powered to the point of being redundant, but the newer LED is awesome and pretty powerful for what it is.
The 58mm LED is actually brighter than the 91mm inline LED. Mind boggling!

us Offline brooksbman

• Go Dawgs!
I can add my "two cents" to this discussion.  I carry both of these knifes on me.  I carry a Rambler on my key chain (like the 58mm size better for the key chain) and I have the Wenger Pocket Tool Chest in a pouch on my belt.  I consider this the best of both worlds.

I love the magnetic Phillips tool on the Rambler and prefer the screwdriver on the Wenger for regular screws.  In addition, I love both of the scissors on the Wenger and the Victorinox.  In my own personal experience, I have different uses for each of the different types of scissors.  Finally, the Reamer/Awl and mini-screwdriver are great tools to have when you need them. 

I had this same kind of debate before in my mind and just decided to carry both to end the "Great" debate. 

Why have one when you can carry two (or possibly three)?  Hint..Hint. 

Dave

Hey guys, been wanting to pick up something small for summer casual carry. Typically in these situations I will carry a Cadet & Fauxton, but I'd like something that works better with shorts.

The Manager appeals to me because I know and love Victorinox stuff, but the Wenger is a little longer (a plus in my book), and has a reamer. No pen on the Wenger, though.

Anyone out there handle or own both of these? Which one is thinner? Which one has a better flashlight (white LED version for both)?

us Offline Luna Knife

• No Life Club
I picked up a used dead battery midnite manager for 4 dollars at a flea market.  Replaced the battery and WHITE LIGHT. 

The pen comes in handy without question

gb Offline Spatha

• d---^__^---b
I picked up a used dead battery midnite manager for 4 dollars at a flea market.  Replaced the battery and WHITE LIGHT. 

The pen comes in handy without question

That is great deal for $4!    :tu:

Yeah, that pen is a good backup.  I much prefer writing with the 58mm pen compared to the pen from the 91mm plus scales or the SwissCard.  It is much more ergonomic, especially if you open the nail file to give it more length.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%