Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

PickPocket!

00 Offline Boyen

PickPocket!
on: May 07, 2013, 03:22:31 PM
Can't believe there isn't a topic about this one yet...  I think we've all seen the kickstarter for the PickPocket. There's been many variations on danglers with bottle opening abilities such as the bottlehook, the bottle grenade, the Munroe Dangler and its spinoffs. And ofcourse there is the Tec P7 suspension clip, that doesn't support a bottle opener but is pretty good in its own right.

Anyway, I've had a P7 for a long time and it has been great. But in the rotation of my keychain tools I sometimes don't have a bottle opener anymore. So I've been looking for something similar and the pickpocket really comes the closest. Been carrying it for a few days now and it's really nice I have to say. Very light in weight, easy to mount and a bit more robust than the p7:

I took the torq version, but to be honest I doubt that its hex functionality can really be used.. And I was quite surprised by how tiny it is. It's no P7 but on the pictures it looks bigger, closer to a Munroe but it's actually just a really small tool and it doesn't add bulk to your keychain pretty much.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 03:33:24 PM by Boyen »

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Re: PickPocket!
Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 07:46:35 PM
No specific thread on it but it was mentioned here. :D http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,40236.0.html

It was/is made for EDCF members and came in two versions/different runs so it's more popular over there. It's a nice dangler but I think the keys would sit too low. I don't have deep pockets (in more ways than one ;) ) and like for the keys to dangle in the pocket not lay flat on the bottom. Also I've heard of cases where people hurt themselves (broke skin, nothing serious :) ) on the bottle opener when reaching for their keys cause of the sharp bottle opener part. Easy enough fix with a file though.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 07:50:19 PM by enki_ck »

00 Offline Boyen

Re: PickPocket!
Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 10:39:41 PM
Ah I remember that topic! Looked it up again and: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1827908565/pry-open-pocket-tools sort of has a very pickpocket look alike (the smaller one).

Well on the size thing, it actually turned out smaller than I thought!For reference, the P7 hangs about 4.5cm (w/ mini keyring) while the pickpocket is really 5.5 cm (if you don't attach another keyring on it). The Pickpocket is much smaller than I thought.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 10:52:21 PM by Boyen »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD