Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Readers digest multitool

Zed · 14 · 2976

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Readers digest multitool
on: May 12, 2013, 02:58:07 PM
I picked this one up today from a car boot sale for £1.50 I didn't even bother to open it till I got home,I'm actually pleasantly surprised by it,it's made in China for readers digest,all the tools work ok and are actually well made,it hasn't got a major snap too the tools but there is enough to hold the tools well in place,the pliers have a little spring but all functions well,one of the tools is called a adjuster  :think: its square  :think: possibly someone can shed some light on this  :tu:,i oddly like the wood inserts and it's got very comfy handles,there isn't much more I can say at the moment but I think for the money its good  :tu:
IMG_00000237.jpg
* IMG_00000237.jpg (Filesize: 130.86 KB)
IMG_00000239.jpg
* IMG_00000239.jpg (Filesize: 134.11 KB)
IMG_00000238.jpg
* IMG_00000238.jpg (Filesize: 143.07 KB)
IMG_00000240.jpg
* IMG_00000240.jpg (Filesize: 135.15 KB)

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Re: Readers digest multitool
Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 04:45:00 PM
one of the tools is called a adjuster  :think: its square  :think: possibly someone can shed some light on this  :tu:,

Looks like a Robertson driver to me.  These are popular in Canada, not so much elsewhere (that I know of, but I could be wrong in that assumption)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_screw_drives  (scroll down for info on Robertson drivers)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 04:46:41 PM by gregozedobe »
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 05:51:22 PM
Never thought about it being a robertson Greg as we don't use them here  :salute: possibly this was available on Canadian readers digest store  :think:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 07:55:34 PM
I found this mt on malasian readers digest for myr159 that's £33, sorry can't do a link as can't work out how to do it on my tablet, seems a bit pricey,i'm taking it too work tonight, at least it's UK legal  :D

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 08:14:31 PM

1.50 sorted  :tu:

:cheers:
Everything’s adjustable

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 08:20:17 PM

1.50 sorted  :tu:

:cheers:

:tu: bargain tony,feels a bit bulky in my pocket tonight ,its short but stout,a bit like its owner  :rofl:

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 02:12:49 AM
It's a bit large for a Robertson bit.  They do some that big, but not often.  Chances are it's meant for some kind of screwdriver bit adaptor.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 02:56:37 AM
 Thanks for the link enki  :tu:

i think your right def but it doesn't seem to come with it,ill have to make one  :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 01:07:24 PM
sadly with many of these cheapo imports it's not really a surprise that it is missing parts.  Usually Company X will print and distribute a catalogue of these tools and you'll save $.50/tool if you don't order the screwdriver set and $.35/tool if you don't order sheaths.

You often see these kinds of tools missing accessories because the company that ordered them simply didn't order those options.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 02:22:49 PM
It's a shame but i know it will end up back in it box,the instruction manual has no picture of any extra bit,I took it too work last night,it felt bulky in my pocket so it ended up being swapped over with my kick,before hand though it's pliers came in handy too pull a loose screw out of a door plate that was stopping a door from closing  :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 03:52:11 PM
Might as well. Those tools are generally assembled like smurf which means even with moderate use you'll probably end up with the wood slabs coming off and one of the pivots coming so loose that the handle just flops around.

Def

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 05:49:45 PM
Might as well. Those tools are generally assembled like smurf which means even with moderate use you'll probably end up with the wood slabs coming off and one of the pivots coming so loose that the handle just flops around.

Def

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

:D I see a floppy future def  :rofl:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: May 18, 2013, 10:51:11 AM
There's 2 other versions of the same mt, one made by silverline but looks to have a degorger/de scaler and the other is by am tec and is the same as mine,seen them going for £7  :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%