Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

wisdom teeth

Pacu · 22 · 1521

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
wisdom teeth
on: May 17, 2013, 06:24:18 PM
have had two wisdom teeth givin me problems for a while...finally got em cut out this morning.  :cry:

face is dead, mouth full of gauze, bout to take some pain pills and go watch netflix for a while.

:facepalm:
:like:    :MTO:

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Re: wisdom teeth
Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 06:28:21 PM
I feel your pain, my lower ones face forward towards my molars... my dentist has told me whenever I feel they bother me they can be pulled... I'm dreading it, but at the same time it's annoying when I get a chunk of food stuck back there...

The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 06:32:18 PM
I had mine taken out back in 1998 I remember I rode there on my z1000 kawasaki and when I came out I couldn't ride as was all wobbly and felt faint   :-\ take care mate  :tu:

us Offline Pacu

Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 06:41:11 PM
the actual taking out was not bad at all... i've had fillings much worse.

this was 4 hours ago. Now i can feel pain creeping in.  ::)

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 06:56:04 PM
It's such a relief once you finally get them removed. Honestly you shouldn't feel very much pain over the next few days. Take the Meds they gave you and kick back.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 07:07:43 PM
Oh man wisdom tooth pain is a cruel bitch.  I suffered on and off for years before I finally got them all out.  I was chicken and had only 1 done at a time since I was worried about getting all swollen up and wanted one good side to eat on.   

My wife's just started bothering her now though.  So she'll have that to look forward to.

Hope you heal up fast, but it sure is a relief to have them gone!
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline Nhoj

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 07:08:06 PM
I'm getting mine out soon...

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 07:51:36 PM
Wow, it sounds like all of you so far got to keep them well into your adult years, unless all of you are really young;) 

I had to have mine removed at around 15 I believe as they could tell early on that there would be no room for them once they come in.  They had to be cut out and I felt the same way as Zed afterwards.  I was faint and nauseous, and luckily I couldn't drive anyway, but it took quite a while before I could even stay on my feet, and even then it was just enough to make it out to the car:)  Oh and I was told I had some kind of spastic reaction to the anesthesia they used to put me under.  Freaked my mother out when it happened, but I have no memory of it at all.  Everything turned out well though. 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 07:53:51 PM by Monrogue »
K-Tibbs

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 08:35:47 PM
Horrible little buggers! Hope you heal up fast and feel much better soon :)

I had one out as an emergency (something gave and the pain was excruciating), and the other three planned like yours. I was a bit erm, suggestive to one of the nurses when coming round from the good drugs they put me out with :D
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 09:53:27 AM
Just do not eat any rice or nuts for a while as you now will have a deep hole in your gums where the tooth's roots used to be and if you get anything stuck in there it will be a pain to get out.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 10:47:57 AM
Just do not eat any rice or nuts for a while as you now will have a deep hole in your gums where the tooth's roots used to be and if you get anything stuck in there it will be a pain to get out.
I have that problem already and I haven't had mine removed yet!  :ahhh
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 12:12:06 PM
Mine all fit fine in my mouth... but then is it any surprise to anyone that I have a big mouth?  :P

Of course that's really about all the good I can say about my teeth- I have a number of other problems with them.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 03:34:29 PM
I had mine removed on the left side.  The bottom one came up sideways, and the top one had nothing to stop it from coming down too far so my dentist wanted me to have them removed.

I didn't have any pain or swelling afterwards, and didn't need to take the pain meds.  It did give me an excuse to take a couple of days off work and stay home to watch movies though!  :tu:

The worst part was trying not to chew on the left side so food wouldn't go into the holes.  It was really annoying and hard to get out when it did!  :ahhh

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 06:09:28 PM
I had my X2 out some 17 years ago , being a poor uni student at the time I had them out in the dentist's chair.I felt like a dog shaking the bejeebers out of a rope when the dentist was trying too pull em out  :ahhh :D :D

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

gb Offline ryan1835

• buh
Reply #14 on: May 20, 2013, 09:59:31 PM
have had two wisdom teeth givin me problems for a while...finally got em cut out this morning.  :cry:

face is dead, mouth full of gauze, bout to take some pain pills and go watch netflix for a while.

:facepalm:

mine are just coming through and hurt like a smurf! guess i must be getting wiser...

wiser to pain :P
I

gb Offline Philby

Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 12:11:29 AM
Had mine out when I was 18. Bottom pair were growing under my other teeth, top pair fitted nicely.  No point keeping the top ones as there would be nothing to bite against, had all four out at the same time under general anaesthetic. Surgeon had to dislocate my jaw to get the bottom ones out, face like a gerbil and couldn't eat solid food for ages after.

us Offline Pacu

Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 11:12:56 PM
If you can put off extractions as long as you can... :ahhh

These last two weeks have been a nightmare. All i ever think about is the massive crater left in my mouth. Can't sleep unless drugged. Wake up thinking about teeth, work all night thinking about teeth.... :P :P :P

I think my back teeth are shifting now due to the back wisdom teeth being absent now. My back teeth on that side always have weird sensations that come and go. I'm usually fine after sleeping a good 8 hours but as the day/night wears on i get antsy/ anxiety spells.

yep this sucks...guess it's better than keeping them and getting more problems down the road.

gb Offline Essexman

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 11:32:33 PM
I feel your pain, no really I did! Had a wisdim tooth pulled in early Feb this year. Didn't go to well for me. I should have known something was up when the dentist left the room and went to find an oral surgeon.

They had to crack the crown in two parts to remove the tooth. For good measure they had to removed a large amount of bone (jaw) and used 6 stiches to hold it all my gum back together.

I was awake for the whole operation, I wish I wasn't! After 45 mins they gave me some tablets and sent me home.

Well the next few days were very painfull, never had pain like it. Didn't sleep much, ended up off work a week.

Four weeks on and the stiches burst and I was left with a big hole ! Back again. Only for them to clean it out and give me a syringe to flush the hole with salt water after eating.

Many months later and the hole has nearly gone.

Only 3 left now, I'm going to be put out next time.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 11:53:43 PM
I had my wisdom teeth pulled about 20 years ago, they were going to cause a real mess when they came in.  Didn't feel a thing during the operation, my mother was the assistant during the procedure and I was nicely dosed throughout.  :)  Don't remember much about the recovery either honestly, except that the pain pills really threw me for a loop.
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline Pacu

Reply #19 on: June 05, 2013, 01:09:53 AM
just got back from getting two fillings along the same area. holy hell batman!

thank goodness for dental insurance...gettin my moneys worth this year

gb Offline Essexman

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: June 05, 2013, 09:12:59 AM
just got back from getting two fillings along the same area. holy hell batman!

thank goodness for dental insurance...gettin my moneys worth this year

God bless our NHS service. Having my wisdom tooth removed cost me nothing.

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: June 05, 2013, 11:22:22 AM
I had a top wisdom tooth + the next one in line, taken out on monday  :D i'm a real 'girl' when it comes to the dentist (or any kind of pain really) not had/having much pain from it , i'm chuffed AND the NHS took the sting out of what my wallet went through. Maybe Britain isn't so bad after all ?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%