Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Lithiums in an L2d

jock1 · 35 · 3880

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Lithiums in an L2d
Reply #30 on: April 25, 2008, 02:34:58 PM

WD, did you experience that when you first turn on your L2D on a non turbo mode you get a burst of 150 lumens for fraction of a second? I have read that some L2D owners are experiencing this.

The two Cree L2Ds I have don't do this, but the Rebel does.  It's not a big deal, IMO.  When you want to turn it on low, just point the light down at the ground, away from your eyes for a split second.
- Terry

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #31 on: April 25, 2008, 02:39:14 PM
no Eddie, not Q5, just the first cree they offered. the original L2D. the brighter ones (rebel) came out
around a month after I ordered, and I didn't bother with the Q5 either, what I got is bright enough for me.
and like Kreskin I use Eneloops in them!

I just follow in his big footsteps! :D

WD, did you experience that when you first turn on your L2D on a non turbo mode you get a burst of 150 lumens for fraction of a second? I have read that some L2D owners are experiencing this.

yes I do, and I have 2 also (4 with the extra tubes) I don't mind it.

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #32 on: April 25, 2008, 07:54:47 PM
I think it was an early design problem, heard they fixed it recently. I had an rebel l2t that does the same thing, sold it because it's too thin to fit in my hand comfortably.

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #33 on: April 25, 2008, 09:43:32 PM
As you both have them, how has the finish stood up to EDC?  I have read that it has type 2 anodising on it and am interested to hear how it stands up over time.

Thanks

Mine is still flawless except for one tiny spot on the bezel where it was slammed against rock in a cave.

But, it has been shirt pocket carried almost exclusively.

It hasn't experienced constant rubbing against keys, knives, etc. of trouser pocket carry which will scar up even hard anodize eventually.

I suspect the anodize of this light would get dinged up fairly soon if it was carried loose in a trouser pocket with other items.

N

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #34 on: April 25, 2008, 09:45:25 PM
As you both have them, how has the finish stood up to EDC?  I have read that it has type 2 anodising on it and am interested to hear how it stands up over time.

Thanks

Mine is still flawless except for one tiny spot on the bezel where it was slammed against rock in a cave.

But, it has been shirt pocket carried almost exclusively.

It hasn't experienced constant rubbing against keys, knives, etc. of trouser pocket carry which will scar up even hard anodize eventually.

I suspect the anodize of this light would get dinged up fairly soon if it was carried loose in a trouser pocket with other items.

Thanks for that.  ;)
I'm back!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32