Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

LM Walmart pack

geoemt · 15 · 3969

Offline geoemt

LM Walmart pack
on: December 09, 2006, 09:58:54 PM
I went to my local Walmart today and saw a pack with 2 LM products, it was the LM Blast and the LM c301 for only $48 dollars. Have you seen something similar in your cities or local WMs?

Guillermo
<

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: LM Walmart pack
Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 10:53:16 PM
That's almost tempting enough for me to venture near a Wal Mart!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 01:19:23 AM
I haven't been to Walmart in a week or two... they weren't there when I was there.  Is this something new that was just put out?
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

Offline spunkyruss

Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 05:05:30 AM
I saw the same thing at the local Walmart a couple of weeks ago.  I think that they will only be available during the holiday shopping season.  The combos are in plastic clamshell packaging.  (All of Walmart's other Leatherman's come in boxes.)  I forget the exact price, but it was about fifty bucks.  I do, however, remember that just the  boxed Blast was the exact same price as as the combo.

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 07:01:26 AM
Hmm... I'm going to have to go back and see if they have them.  The only thing I saw the last time I was there was a Micra clearance priced at $7.95

Which, of course, I bought :)  This forum is a very bad influence...
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 09:17:28 AM
They have the same thing at my Walmart.  They've had them for a couple weeks now.  At mine they started in a big display and now have moved to a different part of sporting goods and there only around 10 left.  I find it strange that you guys said that the other LM tools are in boxs not in plastic "clam shell'' cases.  At my Walmart all the LMs (Kick, Blast, Surge, Wave, and Core) are in plastic so you can't take them out and look at them.
"

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 09:21:18 AM
I thought it was against walmart policy to buy american madee products ???
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

Offline Lion

Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 12:45:11 AM
I saw those at Walmart. Not a bad deal. The knife doesn't interest me; I'm not fond of combo edges. Can't afford it right now anyway.

Leo

Offline spunkyruss

Reply #8 on: December 16, 2006, 02:40:50 AM
The boxed knives and multitools are locked  up behind the sporting goods counter at my local Wal-Mart.  You have to hunt down the sporting goods clerk provide him/her with the number next to the picture of the tool that you want to see.

It's really weird to see a big poster with pictures of knives and tools in a display case, instead of actual tools and knives.  i guess that it 's easier for Wal-Mart to change the display when they change their inventory.  The really weird part is that they compressed the handles of the Wave in the picture at my local Wal-mart.  Everything else is life-sized, but the Wave only looks about three inches long.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: December 16, 2006, 02:49:37 AM
It's a pictures-only display at the Wal-Mart near me.

I'll have to check and see if it has the same mutated-Wave photo.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: December 16, 2006, 03:01:10 AM
Micra Wave?  That would be kinda cool!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline geoemt

Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 08:18:50 AM
Saw them today on sale for $37.00 (Walmart)...I guess they are trying to get rid of them after the holiday season, they still had a bunch of them, over 20 packs.

Guillermo
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 08:20:55 AM by geoemt »
<

Offline geoemt

Reply #12 on: January 28, 2007, 01:26:43 PM
Saw them again, $28.00 this time  :o :o....guess they really want to get rid of them now, they had 10, maybe less...

<

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: January 28, 2007, 02:30:37 PM
If anyone passes near a Wal Mart with that set for $28, please let me know.  I'd be very interested at that price.

Def

Offline supratentorial

Reply #14 on: January 28, 2007, 08:51:14 PM
My local Target dropped the price of the Leatherman Core to $29.  The Leatherman Fuse gift pack with the Stanley mug is still hovering at $25.  The Surge is around $64.  Considering that I bought a new SOG Powerlock on Ebay for $30 shipped, neither seems like such a good deal.  The Walmart gift pack looks like the best deal.  Unfortunately, both of my local Walmarts just have the photo displays. 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%