Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How many veterans(or active duty) do we have in here?

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
I'm just curious. I was in the (US) Army from 1990-1993. I was in the Infantry(HOO-AH!!!). My plan all thru high school was to got for 20 years and retire at the age of 38 but I shattered my ankle and was medically discharged. Having a bad ankle isn't exactly recommended for an Infantryman. I could have stayed in and retrained in something non-combat arms related but I figured I could do that, for more money, in the civilian world.

I was never in combat but during the 1st Gulf War halk of our unit went, the other half of us were on 1 hr standby in case it went worse than it did. After it was obvious we weren't needed they shipped us out into the field at Hohenfels Germany. It turned out to be one of the coldest winters since 1944. That's when I broke my ankle and there were several others who hurt theirselves or got frostbite. The guys who went to the Gulf were never near the front so they were having a nice time in the sun while we were all out there freezing our "guns" off.

So who else has served?
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%