Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Battle of the X-es, Vic Swisstool vrs Spirit

be Offline Top-Gear-24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Battle of the X-es, Vic Swisstool vrs Spirit
Reply #30 on: June 23, 2013, 10:42:40 PM
Wow, that is a considerable difference indeed.  One would think the larger Swisstool would have the beefier tools.  It's actually not all that much thicker than the Spirit is it?  I would probably say that the Spirit may be the better MT overall between the two of them.  However, I've never handled/used a Swisstool, so who's to say I may or may not think otherwise if I were to do so :think:
fetch your wallet my good man, you need to go shopping  ::)

Yeah, my wallet's not too happy with me after getting two mods ;)  I think my Spirit (butterblade) will have to suffice...for now >:D

There must be some room for another tool in your rotation ...  :pok:

Anyway, here's a pic from my Swisstool and two of my Spirits:

Oh there's always room for another weekly slot in my rotation :D  Oh that's right, you have like what?...27 Spirits right?   :pok:

Okay, I guess I had that one coming ...  :D

And no, I don't own 27 Spirits (yet  ::)), but I do have enough to make a weekly rotation with only Spirits  :D.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #31 on: June 23, 2013, 11:05:06 PM
Yeah I bet you do;). Nothing wrong with that though^-^

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

K-Tibbs

es Offline microbe

• No Life Club
  • Yersinia Pestis & Campylobacter Jejuni!
Reply #32 on: September 22, 2013, 11:18:58 PM
Nice 1 on 1 Enki, very interesting to see all feats played out against each other. I do have to make a side note, you mentioned both awls to be the same? Did you overlook the hook on the Spirit? Even though a bit awkward positioned, I see good use in it being there. That should be 1 point more for the Spirit.
Once you go black you never go back
@blackdiamonds_42

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #33 on: September 23, 2013, 12:01:30 AM
Nice 1 on 1 Enki, very interesting to see all feats played out against each other. I do have to make a side note, you mentioned both awls to be the same? Did you overlook the hook on the Spirit? Even though a bit awkward positioned, I see good use in it being there. That should be 1 point more for the Spirit.

Thanks. No, I didn't overlook the hook. I said "basically the same" ;) The positioning of the hook makes it lose a lot of it's functionality though. It could be used to carry parcels I guess but not much else. Wouldn't be of much use for pulling wires through a tight hole as one might cut them with the awl. Same goes for tying shoelaces I think. :shrug:

nz Offline KiwiMark

Reply #34 on: September 24, 2013, 07:20:44 AM
I have the SwissTool X and I really like it, I have had uses for the tool as a ruler which unfortunately the Spirit doesn't have the capability for.
"Mr. Carl Elsener and his Victorinox brand of knives is the undisputed king of knives in the world today."

- Sal Glesser (Bladeforums - 8 Jan 2011)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%