Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

30th Anniversary owners club

Dunc · 130 · 20026

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: 30th Anniversary owners club
Reply #60 on: July 14, 2013, 03:07:29 PM
Thanks David! :cheers:

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, the kits arrived with BOTH Micras roaming around loose, one 30th badge down in the corner, and one ST300 installed wrong. :P Which doesn't make sense, as the foam liners are expertly cut and fit both tools and the badge quite precisely. :think: You couldn't ask for a more perfect fit. It's like someone in the packing dept at Leatherman was really having a meh sort of day. ::)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

au Offline Emil

Reply #61 on: July 15, 2013, 04:05:38 AM
Just ordered the 30th Anniversary 24K gold plated / titanium Charge and the 30th Anniversary DLC Supertool 300/Micra Gift Box of course.
30th anniversary charge.jpg
* 30th anniversary charge.jpg (Filesize: 42.5 KB)

us Offline Bensasupertool

• No Life Club
  • Be like The Rifleman
Reply #62 on: July 15, 2013, 05:00:01 AM
Thanks David! :cheers:

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, the kits arrived with BOTH Micras roaming around loose, one 30th badge down in the corner, and one ST300 installed wrong. :P Which doesn't make sense, as the foam liners are expertly cut and fit both tools and the badge quite precisely. :think: You couldn't ask for a more perfect fit. It's like someone in the packing dept at Leatherman was really having a meh sort of day. ::)

That sucks to hear again. Its a bit of a downer to recive such a top shelf item that seems like it fell off the top shelf.
CHECK YOUR SMOKE DETECTOR BATTERIES!  Everyone Needs a Halligan Tool.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #63 on: July 15, 2013, 06:25:31 AM
Just ordered the 30th Anniversary 24K gold plated / titanium Charge and the 30th Anniversary DLC Supertool 300/Micra Gift Box of course.

Oh wow, I didn't know there was a 30th Anniversary TTi :o  That is nice :drool:
K-Tibbs

bm Offline skygear

• N0
:?:Re: 30th Anniversary owners club
Reply #64 on: July 15, 2013, 08:40:32 AM
where are the links to view and buy these?

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #65 on: July 15, 2013, 01:20:17 PM
where are the links to view and buy these?

If you're referring to the gold plated one, I think it's from texastoolcrafters. 

bm Offline skygear

• N0
Reply #66 on: July 15, 2013, 02:58:46 PM
I didnt see these limited editions or anyrhing aniversary editions for sale on leathermans site

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #67 on: July 15, 2013, 03:19:34 PM
I didnt see these limited editions or anyrhing aniversary editions for sale on leathermans site

The 30th anniversary ST300 and Micra set are an official release from Leatherman.

The gold plated TTi and all the others that Texas Tool Crafters sell are not.

england Offline 3in1

Reply #68 on: July 15, 2013, 03:22:40 PM
That particular Tti is an official edition, 1000 made, selling for $400 or so. TTC do something similar, very similar as they did the work on those too

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #69 on: July 15, 2013, 04:09:11 PM
That particular Tti is an official edition, 1000 made, selling for $400 or so. TTC do something similar, very similar as they did the work on those too

:shrug:

Where did they anounce it? I see the same one as Emil's on TTC's ebay selling for $180 (without the print though) and a bit more for damascus bladed one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251237607552

Also 1000? Emil's says ... of 300.

Thanks for the info. :cheers:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 04:12:57 PM by enki_ck »

england Offline 3in1

Reply #70 on: July 15, 2013, 04:16:02 PM

Where did they anounce it? I see the same one as Emil's on TTC's ebay selling for $180 (without the print though) and a bit more for damascus bladed one. Also 1000? Emil's says ... of 300.

Sorry enki_ck, I was on my phone and rushing - it is 300 made  :oops:
They haven't really announced it, I found out by chance and did a little digging with Whitby and TTC. It is the one they have on the TTC site, but etched on the scales and sold with a presentation case and "a very cool sheath", but I've yet to see any pictures of anything more than just the tool.

30th TTi.jpg
* 30th TTi.jpg (Filesize: 99.67 KB)

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #71 on: July 15, 2013, 04:23:41 PM
Ok, I'm weak.  I'm in the 30th Anniversary Club.  :facepalm:

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #72 on: July 15, 2013, 04:25:25 PM

Where did they anounce it? I see the same one as Emil's on TTC's ebay selling for $180 (without the print though) and a bit more for damascus bladed one. Also 1000? Emil's says ... of 300.

They haven't really announced it, I found out by chance and did a little digging with Whitby and TTC. It is the one they have on the TTC site, but etched on the scales and sold with a presentation case and "a very cool sheath", but I've yet to see any pictures of anything more than just the tool.

Interesting. :tu:

Also weird they aren't showing it on the official US leatherman site, but it is on the Austrian site. http://www.leatherman.at/j-lm/

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #73 on: July 15, 2013, 04:26:38 PM
You got one as a user Bob?

Nah. :D One is for me, and one is heading to Norway. But I couldn't resist the opportunity to get a group photo. :)

That's a shame, I thought you were going to test that coating for us  ;)

:D :D

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

england Offline 3in1

Reply #74 on: July 15, 2013, 04:34:47 PM

Interesting. :tu:

Also weird they aren't showing it on the official US leatherman site, but it is on the Austrian site. http://www.leatherman.at/j-lm/

(Image removed from quote.)

It is a bit weird, I haven't seen them on any sites until now.
But I haven't been really looking for them... When I heard there was going to be a gold 30th anniversary TTi I got all excited. Then I saw it. I'm not impressed with it, it's a bit of an ugly duckling especially at that price, and is nowhere near the 25th anniversary silver Charge for looks.

bn Offline jojotlc

Reply #75 on: July 15, 2013, 04:55:27 PM

Ugh....another 30th Anniversary Charge (in gold plated!)...whoa...'only' 300 of those is sure to costs more than  previous 25th Anniversary..which was 1000 only and in Silver Sterling, and with really an artisan carvings. and really nice...

Inner Peace  8-)

gb Offline Billy Ruffian

Reply #77 on: July 15, 2013, 05:52:33 PM
There are a few articles available that show the gold TTi, my understanding is that this is an official LM release in very limited numbers (300 seems to be the figure quoted), rather than the TTC-modded versions. They are - or were - available to pre-order in the UK for around £340 (not sure what that would equate to in US$) but cannot see any retailer selling them currently. Agree that it is odd they are so low-profile at the minute though.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #78 on: July 15, 2013, 08:36:55 PM
That is a bit of a let down. That looks like a TTC Leatherman.  :think:

Official or not...not that very interested as it looks like a TTC custom Leatherman at a very rich price.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

au Offline Emil

Reply #79 on: July 15, 2013, 11:21:05 PM
I'm getting the ltd super tool this week but the 24k plated charge is not coming till September,
We are only getting a limited number of the 300 here in AUS so I'm getting one for my self and maybe buying some more to keep for resale. I'm not missing out this time as I had the chance to get the 25th sterling silver charge but didn't take the plunge in spending around $1000 AUS.
The 30th charge here in AUS will be around $550.
And this tool is DEFINATELY different to texastoolcrafters they just get normal charges and modify them. This 30th charge as you can see from my picture will be an original LEATHERMAN production. I will post some other pictures of any boxes or accessories that come with this charge when I get them.

england Offline 3in1

Reply #80 on: July 15, 2013, 11:24:03 PM
Emil, that IS a TTC produced Charge - they did the work for Leatherman.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #81 on: July 16, 2013, 12:13:49 AM
I am a big TTC fan. I have most of their products sitting in my collection. I believe this is a collaboration between Leatherman and TTC. It has TTC written all over it.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 12:15:38 AM by Chako »

au Offline Emil

Reply #82 on: July 16, 2013, 12:59:44 AM
Thanks for the heads up 3in1
And CHAKO I wasn't aware this was the case. But hey I can't wait to get it anyhow, even if it is a mix of LM & TTC.
It will go great with my collection.
When I get the 30th supertool and micra I will post a pic with my others.

bm Offline skygear

• N0
Reply #83 on: July 16, 2013, 06:32:28 AM
I guess its full steam ahead on my custom build for a solid 18k scales and BO tools on a TTI.

au Offline Emil

Reply #84 on: July 16, 2013, 08:40:53 AM
A nice set for sure. :) Mine arrived on Friday, and while there was no damage, I was a bit annoyed to see the Micra free of it's compartment and out wandering about the case on its own. >:( I wonder why all the sets seem to be like this? Could it be that the packager at Leatherman is loading the Micra in "rightside up", with the lettering facing upwards? :think: Because the way the foam template is cut (fail) ::) this could prevent the Micra from seating all the way down in its compartment.

Yeh your right J-Sews.
I just got mine today and it came with the Micra writing facing up but the cut out in the foam has a place for the key ring fitting which is on the wrong side :doh:
And the Micra is sitting in the foam cut out under spring tension as its not in its fully open position, maybe thats why it pops out of its cut out.

Anyhow I love this edition and I cant wait for my pre-order of the 30th anniversary 24K Charge to arrive.

This Supertool and micra set now goes with my collection.
I know my collection pictured below is only small but every one is new and unused and kept in their boxes (except for purposes of taking a picture).
The only one I use all the time is my Chare TTi which I have done mod to, I have heat treated the titanium scales and made parts coloured which you might see in the last pics.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #85 on: July 17, 2013, 01:27:05 AM
Nice looking collection there Emil, and that 30th Anniversary set is just  :drool: worthy. I can't wait to get my set.

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #86 on: July 17, 2013, 07:04:57 AM
The 30th Anniversary set   :mail:  today. The tools are  8). Like others the Micra and Pin were wondering about. I haven't noticed any damage to the tools yet.
LM30th 010.JPG
* LM30th 010.JPG (Filesize: 55.11 KB)
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

de Offline ThadMiller

Reply #87 on: July 18, 2013, 09:20:10 PM
I'm in!  :salute:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #88 on: July 18, 2013, 09:22:51 PM
K-Tibbs

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #89 on: July 18, 2013, 09:36:36 PM
Really cool picture, Wolfgang! :2tu:

So take it your camera is repaired. :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62