Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Pleasure and pain :-(

Zed · 23 · 2126

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Pleasure and pain :-(
on: July 07, 2013, 11:22:42 AM
Well me and my wife had a great time at Wembley on Friday night watching robbie Williams    :tu: sadly though came back Saturday afternoon and went to pick the girls up from my wife's sisters and my oldest fell off the swing chair and landed the new my youngest foot  :-\ took her too A&E and after xrays was told her foot had a fracture,she now has a cast and crutches, oddly though she is very chuffed with her cast and crutches  :D she has too go back in a week for another xrays,kids and eh  :D
IMG_00000283.jpg
* IMG_00000283.jpg (Filesize: 164.46 KB)

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Re: Pleasure and pain :-(
Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 02:07:19 PM
Summer and casts don't mix well. :ahhh Hope she doesn't have to carry it for long.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 03:25:49 PM
Cheers mate  :tu: i agree as I had a cast on my leg for 17 weeks in the summer time 11 years ago and it was hell, she is copying well so fare :salute:

us Offline Nhoj

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 05:43:13 PM
I hope it doesn't hold back your summer. :) I've broken each of my arms twice so four times in all but never had a cast on my leg. :think:

gb Offline Essexman

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 06:21:07 PM
I blame the parents................ :D   

(coming from a father of two girls!)

Hope she mends quick with little pain or discomfort.

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 06:50:56 PM
We've just come home from yet another visit to A&E with a Daughter (I've been offered my own parking spot :facepalm:)
this time it was a deckchair related injury ! she was helping me to recline my chair when the whole thing snapped shut on her twiglike thumb using my ample body frame and the lever principal to do the damage
I FEEL REALLY GUILTY so it's going to cost me a fortune

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 07:29:49 PM
Hope she is ok michael  :-\ this is my first break out of 3 kids,hopefully the last but if there like I was ill be at A&E on a weekly basis  :D

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 09:04:25 PM
Hope for the best...

Now you can write and scatch on that cast for fun... And Zed please draw some SAK or LM there... Besides usual butterfly and flowers :)

Yup kids!!

Last November my daughter poked herself in eye with pencil.... You can imagine!!! Well after a surgery she is OK... Eye is on place and sight is ok... Well not exactly OK while she got to wear eyeglasses but it's not because of injured eye but both are in +

Now I know why my parents have grey hare!! LOL
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

gb Offline Essexman

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 09:09:47 PM
Taxi Dad - eeeekkk!  Hope she recovers soon too, don't feel bad about it, I'm sure she'll make up for it in the years to come!

So if we are going to make lists.......I slipped and went down the stairs on my bum and side holding our oldest when she was a toddler. Badly knocked her leg, nothing major, apart from she couldn't walk for a few days.

Told our young one to go down stairs when we were packing to go on hols. She throw open the stair gate, that hit the Al step ladder I had just lent against the wall. Off she went top to bottom of the stairs with the ladder on top of her. Heart stopping moment. First time I had called 999 for my own. First response arrived in 3 minutes, paramedics in 8 minutes. Off to hospital. Back in 1.5 hrs. Nothing broken, just shock and a carpet burn on her arm!! Left it a night and then went on hols all OK.

Another time, at dinner my then 8yrs old said "What's that pink thing up your nose?" to my then 3.5 year old. Sure enough there was a pink bit of toy plastic up her nose, well up her nose!  We tried to get it, but no luck, and we didn't want to damage anything.

So we finished dinner and had a family outing to A&E (ER). We were seen within 5 mintues.
The nurse got my wife to block my little girls other nostrial, and then with both mouths wide open (mother and daughter, not the nurse) blow into her mouth. It took a few goes, then the nurse caught it with a small clamp and removed it.

Apart from my wife getting a bit faint from lack of breath and laughing so hard, it went very well.

I paid for 5 hours parking, we were out in 15 minutes! We would have been quicker, but they asked us to fill in a customer satisfaction form.

Oh, the best bit -  it was a polly poppit shoe

be Offline Top-Gear-24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 12:27:54 AM
@ Zed: I feel your pain my friend, yesterday, I went on a ride with my mountainbike, and my wife went to her sister with my 2 boys. I got home first, took a shower and just as I started up the computer to check out the new topics here I got a phonecall from my wife.   

It was then that I heard one of those things you don't want to hear, she told me to get ready as fast as I could because she was on her way home to pick me up so we could go on to the emergency room in the hospital that I work for. 

Turns out after a nice afternoon in the pool, my boys decided to get on to the trampoline for a couple of minutes, right before they would drive back home.   And when my youngest wanted to get of the trampoline, my oldest gave him a push in the back and down he went, he landed right on his left arm and started crying, my wife immediately knew it was serious because he's quite a brave little trouper and almost never cries ...

So, x-rays showed his lower arm (between the wrist and the elbow) was broken, so he's in a temporary cast for ten days, and then they will put on the other cast, which he will have to wear for about three weeks.  Great way to start our holidays (I only have 3 days to work untill our holiday starts).  And a lot of the things I had planned for our holiday are quite difficult with only one arm (biking, karting, kayaking, making dams and playing around in some small Ardennes river ...  ::))

And to make things even worse, first days of real hot,sunny weather started this weekend ... I guess my boy is going to have an itchy and annoying Juli month  :(.

I just hope he's ok for our week holiday in August, because we just decided to go back to Germany (the Moezel area) for 5 days with my parents and my brother.  If all goes well, he should be out of his cast on friday while we leave for Germany the next monday, fingers crossed  :dwts:.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 01:46:23 AM
A first cast is a rite of passage for youngsters.  I'm sorry she got hurt, but she should be proud of it! 

I don't remember my first cast- I was far too young to remember mine, but I remember my brother's first (and only) cast.  I remember everyone wanting to sign it and all the attention he got because of it.  I also remember him almost drowning when he jumped in the pool hoping the water would wash off a heart that a girl had drawn on it!

My friend's kid just got his first cast a couple of weeks ago.  He's thirteen and it was a fracture, not a break so the cast will come off this week.  I was over at their place for a party last week, I walked in the door and there was the kid- I immediately turned to him, held up my hand and said "Hey Nathan- High Five!"

I don't think he found it nearly as funny as I did!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 02:14:00 AM
I hope it heals quick Zed.  I've lucked out with my daughter as the worse she's had is a sprained thumb.  Cute girls you got there :salute:

I hope it doesn't hold back your summer. :) I've broken each of my arms twice so four times in all but never had a cast on my leg. :think:

Dang man, accident prone much :rofl:  I've been lucky myself as I've never broken anything...yet anyway ;)
K-Tibbs

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 03:46:43 AM
super cute girls Zed hope she heals fast gets all the attention her injury deserves. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Nhoj

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 04:22:10 AM
I hope it heals quick Zed.  I've lucked out with my daughter as the worse she's had is a sprained thumb.  Cute girls you got there :salute:

Dang man, accident prone much :rofl:  I've been lucky myself as I've never broken anything...yet anyway ;)

I hereby curse you to break a bone. >:D If you were wondering, I broke my arm the first time by falling over the railing and off the side of some stairs :D, the second time I hit a pothole and flipped over the handlebars of a scooter, the third time I tripped and hit my arm on the edge of a huge beam of wood, and the fourth time I dove for a baseball and the person running ran into and kicked my arm by accident. I'm sure if you liked that you'd love my testicular torsion story. :D :P :whistle:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #14 on: July 08, 2013, 04:33:23 AM

I hereby curse you to break a bone. >:D If you were wondering, I broke my arm the first time by falling over the railing and off the side of some stairs :D, the second time I hit a pothole and flipped over the handlebars of a scooter, the third time I tripped and hit my arm on the edge of a huge beam of wood, and the fourth time I dove for a baseball and the person running ran into and kicked my arm by accident. I'm sure if you liked that you'd love my testicular torsion story. :D :P :whistle:

:rofl:  Yeah I was curious, and it sounds like my accident prone diagnosis was fairly accurate :pok:  I guess I won't count the last one since the other person technically did the damage ;)  Ouch, I'm not even 100% sure what that is, but it sounds bad.  I don't want to torsion my testiculars :o :D
K-Tibbs

us Offline Nhoj

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 04:34:24 AM

:rofl:  Yeah I was curious, and it sounds like my accident prone diagnosis was fairly accurate :pok:  I guess I won't count the last one since the other person technically did the damage ;)  Ouch, I'm not even 100% sure what that is, but it sounds bad.  I don't want to torsion my testiculars :o :D
No but after enough morphine and an emergency surgery I was fine :D

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 04:41:43 AM

Ouch, emergency surgery huh?  So what exactly happened there?  Call it being painfully curious as I am having sympathy pains just imagining it :ahhh
K-Tibbs

us Offline Nhoj

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: July 08, 2013, 04:46:24 AM

Ouch, emergency surgery huh?  So what exactly happened there?  Call it being painfully curious as I am having sympathy pains just imagining it :ahhh
Ok I'll PM you to prevent maximum thread hijack :) 

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #18 on: July 08, 2013, 04:53:26 AM
Thoughts sent for a speedy and healthy recovery :)
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #19 on: July 08, 2013, 04:58:23 AM

Ok I'll PM you to prevent maximum thread hijack :)

Oh true, good point :D
K-Tibbs

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #20 on: July 08, 2013, 08:47:50 PM
Hijack away guys  :salute: she wanted to go too her rainbows tonight to show off her cast  :D

us Offline stealth007s

• I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Reply #21 on: July 19, 2013, 08:06:49 AM
Sorry to hear about this Paul. I'm just getting back to things here on MT.O after a long getaway. I too have one of those accident prone daughters. Many sleepless nights in emergency rooms for me and the mrs thanks to her. Y'all will get through it though as I can attest to.
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22 on: July 19, 2013, 10:35:57 AM
Hope she is ok terry,and glad too see you back mate  :salute:
Gorgie gets her cast removed on the 25th,5 days before we go camping  :salute:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!