Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Who has a LM Pulse?

Poncho65 · 230 · 22938

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Who has a LM Pulse?
Reply #30 on: May 04, 2008, 12:42:02 AM
J-sews - Of the three - two are marked "USA", whereas the other has "TOOL" on the plier heads.

The diamond file on the the one marked "TOOL" doesn't have the groove down it (so its very like the file on the PST 2 for example) whereas the other two files do.

Of the two grooved files, one has the grey matt finish, but the other has polished SS at the base.

Very slight differences, but hey, I had them there - in my hand - it was meant to be  :D

Here's a piccy....

(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks! We knew about the USA -vs- Tool differences on a lot of Leathermans, but not the file thing.  :)

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #31 on: May 04, 2008, 12:56:58 AM
Yeah - I thought that too. I wondered if maybe the 'grooveless' file was a repair job at first, but the tool is virtually brand new. Not even the usual pocket scratches or anything.

So I'm guessing that it came out of Portland that way!
I used to come here a lot.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #32 on: May 04, 2008, 12:58:53 AM
So according to the date codes, which Pulse is the oldest?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #33 on: May 04, 2008, 01:03:30 AM
The one on the right is the oldest (0800)

The middle one is 0401, and the youngest (grooveless) 0803.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #34 on: May 04, 2008, 01:08:38 AM
Well that's a neat little tidbit to know  :D mine is like the one in the middle and date codes are 0401 1100  :D

Offline Hoghead

Reply #35 on: May 04, 2008, 01:36:30 AM
I just looked at a Pulse that I had handy. 1100 no groove

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #36 on: May 04, 2008, 04:55:44 PM
Maybe like a lot of other parts to LMs they had some with the groove and some without, and just put whatever they had handy I guess. :D

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #37 on: May 06, 2008, 01:57:17 AM
I got mine today from Benner and I got to say I am thrilled over this tool. I think I found my sunday go to meeting tool. It will be replacing the !!MINI!! as the church tool.

However I did take a half an hour to figure that the lanyard loop comes out opposit of every other tool.
S

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #38 on: May 06, 2008, 02:08:29 AM
However I did take a half an hour to figure that the lanyard loop comes out opposit of every other tool.

Yeah - quite useful that, as the Pulse is pre-"One at a time" blade selection. It's the only feature you don't get when you pull out the file!

Just looking at (one of) mine whilst typing this, and it really is a solidly constructed tool isn't it?

How do you find the blade-locks hawkchucker? Love 'em or hate 'em?

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #39 on: May 06, 2008, 02:26:41 AM
Well the "throw" on them seem kinda long, but it does seem to lock up nice. I really like the fish hook sharpener on it. I think the darts will stay very sharp now. Eric Bristow would be proud to use it! 
S

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #40 on: May 06, 2008, 04:34:56 AM
Yeah the Pulse is my new church MT as well :D love that it's small enough for pocket carry yet has everything I need :climber: PLus I think I can live with the locks  :P you just have to hold your tongue right when using the lock :P  :D

us Offline tango44

• VICTORINOX
Reply #41 on: May 07, 2008, 04:57:00 PM
I just bought a Pulse on Ebay for pretty good price and love it :multi: it is a great MT has great features (gotta love that file). :D  Anyone else feel this way about there Pulse?  Also if you have had any problems with it would like your feedback as well. :D

No problems with mine but I have a little itch about trading the Pulse for a brand new Black Oxide Core.
Enjoy!

Offline dugout

Reply #42 on: May 07, 2008, 11:25:50 PM
You may already be aware of this but the files on the PST II's are the same, earlier ones have the groove and the later ones don't.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #43 on: May 08, 2008, 01:30:39 AM
You may already be aware of this but the files on the PST II's are the same, earlier ones have the groove and the later ones don't.

Yeah but some of the newer ones have groove and some of older ones don't according to some of these posts, so they may just have mixed some of the grooved and ungrooved together as they were transitioning to the ungrooved

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #44 on: May 08, 2008, 01:44:27 AM
I have a Pulse. It really is a fine tool! Mine does not have the file groove. I bought it off eBay for $15 shipped. A very good deal indeed!
B

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #45 on: May 08, 2008, 04:20:23 AM
I just bought a Pulse on Ebay for pretty good price and love it :multi: it is a great MT has great features (gotta love that file). :D  Anyone else feel this way about there Pulse?  ...

I am quite fond of the Pulse, too.   Same good quality feel as my original PST, Crunch, and SuperTool.  They all have the same drawback -- takes longer to access the individual tools because they are inside the handles.

The date code inside each handle is 0401.  "USA" is embossed on the pliers head.  The file has a groove running down the center of one side.   The Pulse fits in the same leather belt case as the Crunch.

I am thinking of using steel wool erase the Microsoft advertisement on the handle.

leatherman-pulse1.jpg
* leatherman-pulse1.jpg (Filesize: 26.78 KB)
leatherman-pulse2.jpg
* leatherman-pulse2.jpg (Filesize: 38.08 KB)
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #46 on: May 08, 2008, 12:32:29 PM
I often thought about trying to remove the Windows logo on mine too.  Has anyone done this successfully?
I'm back!!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #47 on: May 08, 2008, 04:41:46 PM
When I read that post I thought about taking off my windows logo to but I took a knife to one of the letters in an inconspicuos spot but it didn't even start to scratch the letter off :P

Offline Hoghead

Reply #48 on: May 08, 2008, 06:11:23 PM
I haven't tried it, but you might try tooth paste instead of steel wool. I took a scratch out of my cars windshield with tooth paste and I couldn't see any scratches when I was done.

I just put some toothpaste on the glass and rubbed with my finger. It took a little time and if I remember correctly a few applications of tooth paste.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #49 on: May 12, 2008, 02:03:44 AM
Anyone had any luck with removal of logo? I think I am just gonna leave mine alone it is no hinderence of the tool.  Maybe we can start a club for everyone that has one with logo on it :D Pulse is still going strong, I am starting to use it more everytime I carry it (guess the new and fear of scratching it is wearing off) :D

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #50 on: May 12, 2008, 05:17:42 PM
Anyone had any luck with removal of logo? I think I am just gonna leave mine alone it is no hinderence of the tool.  Maybe we can start a club for everyone that has one with logo on it :D Pulse is still going strong, I am starting to use it more everytime I carry it (guess the new and fear of scratching it is wearing off) :D

Oh man!  If I'd have known there was going to be a club I'd have never parted with mine. Can those who have previously owned one join?  :D
I'm back!!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #51 on: May 13, 2008, 02:05:46 AM
Well we'll have to look at the rule book on this one.......................Okay we'll make an exception this one time :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #52 on: May 19, 2008, 04:13:06 AM
Anyone else have a Pulse and like to share your thoughts on it?  Still love mine everything on it I need (except for a saw) I have found the saw on my Blast to be very useful for certain activities. :multi: But I have gotten by very well otherwise with my Pulse so far :D

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #53 on: May 19, 2008, 10:29:29 AM
Had mine now over 2 weeks and have been using it every day. Got to say that this tool is actually a user! It is basically a PST with locks. the locks are very strange yes but they are very functionable, and the tool seems to be robust enough to use every day.

The logo does not bother me in the least. I think that removing it however will appeal to some and hey why not.

I actually think this was one of my best trades yet.
S

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #54 on: May 24, 2008, 02:39:14 AM
I am glad you like yours as good as I do  :D This is first MT I have had with the diamond file, everyones right thats the best file I have seen anywhere. And I really like files  :climber: Just can't understand why they wouldn't put it on every tool that they make  :think: guess it just makes you keep buying more and that's the big secret to all this I guess  :ahhh  :D

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #55 on: May 24, 2008, 10:51:23 PM
Had mine now over 2 weeks and have been using it every day. Got to say that this tool is actually a user! It is basically a PST with locks. the locks are very strange yes but they are very functionable, and the tool seems to be robust enough to use every day.

The logo does not bother me in the least. I think that removing it however will appeal to some and hey why not.

I actually think this was one of my best trades yet.

I'm glad you are liking it mate.  :)
I'm back!!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #56 on: May 25, 2008, 12:06:49 AM
Good to see you back safe and sound  :D

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #57 on: May 25, 2008, 12:07:31 AM
Good to see you back safe and sound  :D

It's good to be back.  ;)
I'm back!!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #58 on: May 25, 2008, 12:15:05 AM
So did you have a good time?

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #59 on: May 25, 2008, 12:16:43 AM
So did you have a good time?

I did indeed.  :)

If i get chance tomorrow I'll post up a few pics one one of the museums I went to.
I'm back!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD